Wrapping Up Race to Trakanon Server in January 2017

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rivenly Well-Known Member

July 12th- RTT opened
    August 16- Stormhold released RoK (Not 2 months)
    -- approx. 55 people were level 80 on RTT at this date
    Sept 7 Vitality potions became available on RTT

The only reason you see a difference in xp gain now is because it is buffed for end of server closing. At launch it was the same as Stormhold.

Please explain any advantage that someone who was to transfer to Stormhold today would have over you. I honestly would like to understand what it is that is making you so upset.
  2. Fangrim Active Member

My original post explains why if you take the time to read it. It isn't just RTT it is the future of event servers using Stormhold as a dumping ground.What is the point of people playing on SH when they can get to max level on the even't server faster and just get dumped to SH ? As you have already said 55 level 80,add countless 70+ that got xp before SH could.
    It will be even worse if the next 'event' server is level 90 and SH is still level 80 for 6 months because we won't even be getting TSO until 2017.The xp test I did was around 9 weeks ago and it was 10 times faster xp on RTT then,I do think they are both way faster now though.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

from what I understand having done this before if you go to another server you have to pick up any things you put in somebody else's house, you have to take all things out of the broker.
    empty your mail and empty your shared bank.
    your house and your bank and things in your house vault will travel with you.
    If you just wait to get transferred onto Stormhold , all you need to do is sit there and wait
    If you don't want any problems do what I said before .
    O yea and if you have a nice decorated home copy the blueprint on the door ( sorry forgot what that is really called)

I think Fangrim needs a hug :)
    I agree with you that we leveled faster on RtT we had to or that server would be still up for another 3 months
    and people would have gotten bored
    But again don,t worry about us coming we give you some of our cupcakes
    darn I still need to find 8 more of those smoldering materials to finish my quest
    They cost 300plat on the broker o_O
    Naramsin likes this.
  4. Tourmaline New Member

Well, I had hoped for a response from a red-name ... Thanks to the people that kept things civil ... to the forum bullies, I hope you had fun. Oh and to those bullies ... having a low post count is no indication of the age of the account, or how many years someone has played.

I was always of the opinion that characters created on a temporary server like RtT should be equally temporary ... but somewhere along the line they were given a ticket off and I'm not trying to argue that point ... there still remains the fact that there was an official response which said that SH would not be available to any RtT toons before the server even opened ... but somewhere along the way they seem to have changed their stance on this without keeping players informed. Toons should not have been created on RtT with the assumption they could end up on SH imho.

People have many different reasons for playing this game ... raiding/questing/crafting/decorating ... some people enjoy climbing the leaderboards found at EQ2U. Just because any of these don't fit your playstyle is no reason to belittle or name-call those that do. I can concede that there is very little difference between toons on SH and RtT gear wise now ... the main discrepancy affecting some players will be the fact that there are 137 achievements/295 achievement points available only on RtT, which could be seen as a big advantage on those leaderboards. This could be a concern to achievement hunters on all servers, not just on SH. Maybe instead of transferring these achievements to any other server, RtT characters could just get some sort of title to show they were there?
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

It would be nice if there were such an infinite supply of players entering the game to cause the problem that you are envisioning. Sadly, the reality is that even of those who currently want R2T characters to go to Stormhold, many (most?) are already Stormhold players who either don't want to delete characters they've invested time in, and/or don't want to have the marketplace depots they've invested $$ on end up on live servers.

Edit: Personally I already have 10 characters on Stormhold. 1 more isn't going to change a thing except give me more depot space :) Edit2: Oh, and I'm still working on that level 80 thing for another silver coin. Really didn't notice any "faster" leveling, tbh.
  6. Sinhika Well-Known Member

No, but when you add to it the nonsensical content and singular focus of such posts, I have to question the provenance. I haven't seen anything I'd consider bullying except for the "Internet Tough Guy" who replied to me, and his attempt was laughable. Disagreement is not bullying. Failing to respect nonsense is not bullying.

I originally intended my RTT characters to be temporary, but I got attached to them. I don't play on live, so there's no point to transferring them to a live server. There was an initial official policy that RTT transfers would be allowed/default to Stormhold. Then a certain major SH raid guild objected for reasons that made sense at the time and they changed their policy. Then all the conditions that said guild objected to became moot, as did the guild (they left the game). So DBG reverted to their original policy. Makes sense to me.

I don't care what someone else's playstyle is until they use it as an excuse to try to ruin mine (Like all the "hardcore players" who inevitably pop out of the woodwork to say 'Learn 2 play' when anyone posts that the damage/mit/whatever is bugged on mobs). I get especially testy when they try to whine DBG into changing an announced policies (that I like) for reasons are complete nonsense. Seriously, no one I know on Stormhold objects to being able to bring their own RTT characters back to Stormhold. More power to any live players that managed to do well on RTT and want to move to Stormhold, they'll probably like it here if they liked RTT.
    Juraiya and Adevil like this.
  7. Rivenly Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarification. We simply have different views. I do not think this will automatically make our server a "dumping ground." I think that moving people here in this instance makes the most sense. The ruleset they have leveled under is the closest to ours. The vast majority of people leveled up early on when the xp was the same. The large majority of players on RTT already have toons on Stormhold. Another group will transfer their toons to live servers, and some wil simply delete them. What we will really see are a handful of people, who are the same level and similarly geared transfer over. This is the handful of players who for some reason or another didn't start on Stormhold at launch, who found they are enjoying the ruleset. I welcome any increase in population, even if it is only a handful. At this point no new event servers have been rolled out, and we are getting close to TSO (I hope.) Worrying about a new server being dumped on Stormhold in a few months seems a bit of a reach.
    Kurisutaru likes this.
  8. Arandar Well-Known Member

Some of the responses here are ... interesting. In any case, way back when, I was one of those people who were strongly opposed to folks on RTT being transferred to Stormhold. The reason was simple: at the time that RTT was opened, Stormhold was still in EoF with a level cap of 70 and if the next vote had failed, Stormhold would have been locked into EoF for at least three more months. That is the thing that some people seem to be forgetting as to why some of us objected originally.

Because of the practical reality of DBG releasing their new expansion in the fall, it meant that if that vote had failed -- and it nearly did, RoK passed on Stormhold by the slimmest of margins -- then we would still be in EoF right now and the vote to unlock RoK would have probably happened around the end of November. In that case, you could have had a bunch of level 80 characters, some of which had cleared all or most of the content, transferred to a server that just recently unlocked RoK. This is what we had an issue with.

Fortunately, that's not how things turned out. RoK did pass on Stormhold, so we weren't locked into EoF for another 3-4 months and many of the guilds on Stormhold that went to RTT returned home to play on their "real" server. To my mind, that pretty much makes the objection moot because there is no significant advantage given to those transferring over. And the fact that content was cleared on RTT much slower than expected makes it even less of an issue.

Bottom line, there's absolutely no issue with folks from RTT coming here to Stormhold and the influx of players will be undoubtedly be a good thing.
    Juraiya and Raff like this.
  9. Arandar Well-Known Member

Just to point this out in case anyone is confused (and you clearly are yourself), Kyle Vallee, a.k.a. "Kander" is the Lead Designer for EverQuest II at Daybreak Games. He's not a "player advocate", whatever you think that's supposed to be.

Here's his LinkedIn page
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/kylevallee
    flameweaver and Adevil like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Adevil sorry don't know how to answer messages.
    I am fine found them all today took a wile but its done.
    thank you very much for your offer

Ivory :3
    Adevil likes this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

where is no point in throwing garbage at each other
    point is there is no more real reason to have people transfer from RtT to SH anymore ,when the next even server comes out
    we will see .
    It could be a server where you have to get the most brute meat in a month or any other objective.
    So lets worry about the future when we get there.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I used your quote because you made a blanket statement that live server people gave up on RtT early whining that it was too hard. I was simply pointing out that not everybody from live gave up early or whined that it was too hard.

I stated from the first announcement that these characters should not be "dumped" on Stormhold. The original announcement stated these characters would be deleted along with the server. I think it is fantastic that they are going to allow us to transfer to live or Stormhold.

Again, just pointing out not all of us "lives" gave up and whined. No malice intended or implied.

Cyrrena
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

god my spelling sucks
    what I wanted to say is there is no more really good reason not to let people move their toons onto Stormhold

And I remember there was never a plan to delete the characters. People would never have given their best if after all that
    effort their toons would just go away , I for shure would not have run 2400 quests ( still going ) and so on and so on.
    Its funny because on Stormhold I was doing just that , do as many quests as I could find only there I did it just because
    I could its nice to get rewards for that besides a title.
    Kurisutaru and Patchkit like this.
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

It makes sense to dump the RTT players onto Stormhold as you had the same ruleset.

Who cares if you potentially could have got to 80 on RTT before Stormhold?

I mean really, who is it hurting? Someone could start a new toon on Stormhold and be up to 80 in a few days if they're committed, you get xp bonus and vit pots now.

Having a max level character on Stormhold is not some kind of special accolade. More players to play with is actually a good thing for an MMORPG.

Future events may have different rule sets that mean Stormhold is not the obvious choice...but for RTT, it is.
    Juraiya, Finora and flameweaver like this.
  15. Patchkit Member

16. Patchkit Member

think it's call save lay out
  17. Xerikton Active Member

don't worry I plan to delete both rtt toons I have. my friends are doing the same if they have not already done so.
  18. blueangle Member

Could someone please explain to me why we can't transfer to Island of Refuge? That was my plan from the beginning otherwise I would never have even started characters on RtT. I am royally ticked off.
    Faelynn likes this.
  19. Adevil Well-Known Member

I would also love to know the reasoning. It's not as if you cannot use the token and then buy the IoR token. Or, possibly, that is the reason. To increase IoR token sales.
  20. Silkmyst Active Member

Hey,

I also wanted to transfer to IOR, and ended up deleting my RTT toon. It was kind of a bummer,
    because I had some SC items on her. In the end, I just didn't need another warden on Skyfire
    or to start over on another server with no back up chars.

IOR is quiet and low pop, but I love the server. Hopefully this isn't a harbinger of them closing IOR.

Silk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.