Window Mode on Test - Cuts off Bottom of Screen!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by redwoodtreesprite, Feb 20, 2014.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I like to play in window mode. I can check the wiki, the forums and go between accounts if I am playing two at once.

On "live" EQ2, there is no problem with it. It is true window mode, with the little box in the upper right hand corner that lets me basically do a reset of the window mode if things get off. But on test, playing not full screen keeps the screen the same. It does not adjust to a window setting, but simply has the windows task bar cutting off the bottom part of the screen.

This causes multiple problems. First of course, I have to unlock and move up all the UI components on the lower screen. But also the drop down boxes get cut off, forcing me to go into full screen anytime I have to select a choice from the bottom lines of them. Also, the lower bar on the character screen is cut off, so I have to go into full screen when a character is ingame, then go to character load screen to choose exit game.

I did major adjusting of the skill bars and such for one character, and will do a load ui command to get those adjustments for other characters. But it is still irritating the way this is being done. There are no options to change resolution except for full screen settings.

Am I missing something in the settings?
  2. Spindle Well-Known Member

Just checked a few characters on test and my windowed mode is just fine. I use the default UI on test which may be the difference. Are you using a custom UI?
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

No, just basic EQ2. I can't find anything in options to fix it either.