What's the trick to killing the adds around last boss of Awuidor: Trench of Terrors?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lambro, Aug 14, 2023.

1. Lambro Member

I thought this new scaled version was able to be done solo?

As of writing this I am a level 52 Ranger. Full level 50 Legendary gear.

I am using the Kenny merc and he is level 6. He has 54,000 HP. I only have 7,269.

I followed the Wiki guide and got to the last boss. It says to kill the Sentinels around the boss and then their Summoners before engaging the boss.

In the scaled version there are only 2 Sentinerls per Summoner. The problem is once the first Sentinel dies the second one goes nuts and one shots Kenny and me. Nothing I can do about it. It hits Kenny for 52,000 damage. The ability that keeps doing this is called " III-Seen Influence"

Am I doing something wrong? I thought these were able to be done solo? I've done other scalable festival event dungeons just fine without much issue besides mechanics and what not but this isn't fun.
    Aterskia likes this.
  2. Aterskia Active Member

fer dem unlearned/OOC
    i would think, that if you happen to be using an AoE, which damages the (very near) Epic Named, that event is what causes the Insta-Death by Ronko.
    try pulling squidy off to side, maybe engage Singular Focus, then see if results vary.

3. Chrol Developer

There was actually an extra damage component to Ill-Seen Influence cast by Sentinels of the Deep which should only be in the non-scaling versions. This extra damage has been removed from the scaling version as of 5 minutes from this post!
  4. Lambro Member

Many thanks!
    Pixistik likes this.
  5. Lambro Member

Seems I'm still having trouble as I can't find a good guide online for this.. the Wiki guide is for the 120 version. Just says to kill the summoners then the boss. But the summoners keep summoning tentacles and adds and I can't kill all of that. It's way too much for me and my merc.

What's the trick?
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Sadly, the whole fight is a DPS check.
  7. Lambro Member

I am level 52 and have full legendary gear in every slot. Have upgraded my skills/spells too. And just flat out can't do it.

This is supposed to scale to level but it's definitely not doable at level 52. I can't get the adds down fast enough with everything I have.

If low levels can't do festival events then that's not a good look for EQ2 and probably why so many people don't even sub. Myself included.
  8. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Yeah there is some wacky things with the level scaling in general. There are times when I do the scaled down events and it would take me 5 mins or more to kill a scaled down enemy to my level 51 Monk. There is for sure issues with the scaling. I normally just set my level even lower and can do the content.

I haven't tried doing this event with my 51 Monk yet. Guessing it's going to end badly if you are having issues at level 52. I don't think they really test these events with lower level players in mind. For me at least there is always issues. Have you tried setting your level even lower and see if that helps?
  9. Lambro Member

I'll try setting my level lower today when I get on. Thanks for the tip. But I thought it scales to level? So would it really do anything if I chrono down? I guess if I chrono down to a 20 I will be an OP 20 so it might work?
  10. Ichoris Well-Known Member

That is why the level scaling is wacky. I will set my level at 50. Then it takes 10 mins to kill one monster. Setting it at 45 and I’m almost killing the monsters in one hit. Like there are thresholds to the levels or something. I just keep dropping the level until it’s seems fair to me for the challenge. I don’t want to one hit kill everything but I also don’t want to take 10 mins killing one trash monster. So far this has worked in all the events that scale. I haven’t done the new one yet at lower level. Let me know how it goes. Hope it helps. Good luck.
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

the 2 helpers around the summoner need to die in order to activate summoner, then he starts casting slowly his spell, which is uninterruptable I think, but if you kill him before he finishes you don't get tentacle

when you get there try to kill immediate trash around you, not linked to summoners, then move from summoner group to the next until you kill all 4 groups, then the epic is finally unleashed.

worst case scenario ask someone to help... 2 players can run this zone, or 1 player +1 merc
  12. Ichoris Well-Known Member

My Monk mentored to level 50 didn't have too much trouble. The same Monk at her normal level of 72 had issues with the final boss. I died over and over. I wasn't able to finish it yet. The other thing is that even if I'm level 72 the items that drop are only level 60. I thought the level and loot scaled to your level? It's not worth the time or effort to run this zone. I didn't get a single piece of loot that was better than what I had and all were level 60 or less. Don't see myself running this again.
    Lambro likes this.