What necro do bring over wizzy ?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Venur, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

you are talking about the prestige, I am talking about a buff
  2. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Necros bring the ability to Feign Death during the raid and /say the following macro: "Be back after your wipe!!!"
    Ragna likes this.
  3. Chronus Active Member

Only your group gets the max hp, it just increments on any raid killing blow or hit.
  4. Trensharo New Member

The Frigid Gifts, Ele Tox thing has been settled for years now...

Both Sorcs can outDPS a Necro. They take more work, but in a progression guild those people have a generally higher standard of play (and their characters are geared properly) so classes tend to parse in a more "balanced" manner. In my mid-tier progression guild (before I quit) I used to out-parse the Wizzies and rarely the lock (better gear, skilled player) as well. That didn't tend to happen nearly as often in end-game guilds.

Maybe some thing have changed since I quit, but it had been like that since forever so I don't see how the roles would simply switch like that.

Really, in mid-tier guilds there simply isn't the player skill and gear indisparity necessary to properly compare these things. The best players get poached by the top end guilds and that's where you see how the classes truly perform relative to each other. Cause if you aren't performing at near peak you get repped or you get dropped in those guilds.
  5. The Jones Active Member

I'm not doubting that this is true, but this is far from the reality for me personally.

My wizard:
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/871881533397

My Necro:
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/871881524740

They are both wearing almost identical gear (necro is slightly better). However, on a single target heroic training dummy my wizard puts up 200K dps while my necro puts up 500K. I try to use fairly standard casting orders/specs so i'm not sure why there is such a major gap there. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen similar results. It's not just necro either. Both summoners put up similar numbers for me.

It could be that necro is just much easier to play and that i haven't mastered the wizard, but i'm not sure what I can be doing wrong to where it would make that significant of a difference.

I also tried the group of training dummies and necro/wiz parse basically the same there, but I suspect this is not a fair test as they have a serious lack of hit points. I think the wizard would pull away by far if given more time.

eh?
  6. Davngr Well-Known Member

it's like i said before wizard takes more effort to reach it's full potential than a summoner but when this apex is reached their damage increases exponentially.
    what i mean by "more effort" is timing TW and making full use of all abilities and AA's/prestige according to the encounter. if you're just "casually" pressing buttons then summoner will outparse wiz easily. warlock is a bit simpler than wiz as well but again like summoner this is actually a limiting factor if all the support is available to you.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

well you are doing a solo dummy for one, a necro is more solo dependent on it's dps where a wizzy is more buff dependent (TC, EV, etc).
  8. arturos Active Member

i will stomp a mudhole in any sorc that is not on top of their game on the parse with half the effort and none of their buffs. Summoners are a way more forgiving class you miss a rotation and you can recover a sorc u miss a couple spells and/or a TW and ur trying to keep ahead of the mezzers..

That being said, if the sorc is hitting his marks like they should i am normally about 60k behind em (granted i am not top tier raiding)... just waiting for them to miss.

less hate problems with summoners and yes we can cure ourselves instantly i know bad necro speccing a cure but its nice when u watch that sorc drooling in his bucket in ST while u cure and pass him since he has now missed two spells.