What Does Blood Rage Do exactly?/

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-atjtennis, Nov 22, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-atjtennis Guest

I'ma little confused what Blood Rage does exactly. Thanks for any info
  2. ARCHIVED-Thelvyn Guest

what are you confused about? It's an AoE that takes health to cast....185 to be exact I believe
  3. ARCHIVED-Ritmo Guest

Its a self buff that sacrifices 185hp to grant you the possibility of proccing a high damage AE attack on each successful hit, including one of the procced hits.
  4. ARCHIVED-Luwen-SoL Guest

It's easily my favourite skill - the previous poster hit the nail on the head with regards how it works. When I first got the skill, my guild group pulled four green mobs in the Marketplace in Fallen Gate - I had this skill chain-proc on only my second swipe - bang - three mobs dead and one a sliver of health from falling. Cue much surprise and cries of disgust at my new found power ;)

I love Blood Rage.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gimpster Guest

costs 20% hp... not 185ish for me it cost more like 500 ;) doesnt stack with bloodlust either which suck
  6. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Me (21 Zerker) and a friend (20 Warden) were duoing in the fields near the Antonica gates when the Overseer spawned. Overseer was one white up arrow and he had like six white down arrow workers with him. I used shout and focused on the overseer and kept Blood Rage up. By the time the overseer dropped it was looking bad since my friend was almost out of power, but then I noticed it was only taking one good hit to kill each worker since Blood Rage had been proccing the whole time and they were almost dead. Looted a really sweet dual wield spear from it :) Blood Rage definately gets the thumbs up, and I just had apprentice 1 at the time of this encounter.
  7. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Sorry, the Antonica gates in the Thundering Steppes of course :) Stupid no edit option...
  8. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

dont think it stacks with hold the line ither,ive never seen it proc when i got hold the line on,but when hold the line is off it procs quite often,any 1 else notice this?
  9. ARCHIVED-Spaceweed Guest

'Hold the line' is my most used skill in grps, but if it 'did' stack, the combination would be way overpowered.
    Btw, when you initiate 'Blood Rage', how long does it last for the trade off of hp before you have to use it again. Also, what is the timer on re-use?
    S.
    Message Edited by Spaceweed on 11-23-2004 06:46 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

Was in Blackburrow working on Part 2 of my armor quest. Asked a 22 Warden, 22 Shaman, and 19 Warrior if I could hang with them for a few kills. I didn't know, but apparently in the lair the spiders spawn with like 10 bazillion spiderlings. So we kill the first, which was a Green^^, and it was easy, I proc'd a few times but not too many.

Then I pulled the first "set" of spiders, and OMG I must have proc'd 6 times in a row, literally EVERY SINGLE SPIDER died in under 10 seconds. All I saw in my chat box was "OMG, WHOA and Where did the spiderlings go?!?" hehehe.

So rinse repeat, again we did the same, we killed the queen the same way, we killed the Captain, and then we **ZOMG** slapped Chiptooth.

I don't know if I was on a lucky streak, but I had just upgraded to Adept1 of Blood Rage.. but seriously, the damage output I was doing was INSANE. The Warrior in the group said he was going to go Guardian, but now he was feeling jealous hehehehe.

ZERKERS ROCK!!!!

To the above poster. It lasts 25 seconds with a 30 second reuse I think. Also, I've noticed mine takes less than 185 health, I think it's more like 160ish.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ritmo Guest

Blood Rage reuse is wierd. Because it refreshes in like 5 seconds. The funny thing is, you an recast it before it wears off and keep it refreshed, but if it wears off on its own, you have to wait another 5 seconds. Not a big deal, just something I noticed.

And yes, if you have a upgraded version of it, this thing will literally wow anyone in your group. I had a wizard in my group the other night say, "screw this, im gonna af Maku and go afk, lol". Its THAT serious.
  12. ARCHIVED-Argan Guest

Good, because in beta, I never noticed it actually acting as an AE. It always seemed to just hit the mob that I was attacking when it proc'd.
  13. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

One thing I have noticed and deffinately confirmed: If you have adds, your proc WILL NOT HIT THEM. They must be "grouped" together. So, this leads me to believe the proc should possibly also not break mez, at least not on mobs that are not "linked" to the one you are fighting.
  14. ARCHIVED-atjtennis Guest

I guess Ishould rephrase my question when I use Blood rage should i just be doing normal attack s or should I be using other thigns like knee breaker, forced swing etc also.
  15. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

Well, each attack has a chance to make you proc. Personally, I go off when I use Blood Rage. Usually try to start a HO, then use Wound (each "tick" of wound is a hit...) and maybe toss in a mangle with a consussion, knee-break and a shield bash (if using shield obviously).

Also, if you have Fury up, that helps also if you are MT'ing.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sardaul Guest

The proc, Crazed Swing, does indeed break mez. I haven't verified if it breaks mez only on the targetted encounter or other adds outside of it though.

On a side note, I think the most fun I've had with it is when there are at least 4 grouped mobs, the more the better. Pop off Blood Rage, then use Assault. When it works, Crazed Swing procs spam my screen and I'm standing around a bunch of dead or mostly dead mobs.
  17. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

I can verify, Blood Rage WILL break mez on LINKED mobs, but NOT on adds. I hope that makes sense.

If you pull a group of 3 are fighting and 2 more add to your fight, Blood Rage WILL NOT affect the two adds UNLESS YOU START HITTING THEM.

I agree with ya about assault, hehe fun stuff. :)
  18. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

I am pretty sure blood rage is a hit any and all targets in melee ranged as well as all linked mobs to the one you have targeted.

as for brekaing mez/who what i have no idea but I know it will hit any mob in melee range even if not linked...

I had been soloing greys last week testing some things and gathering some items and raising crush skilll... I would attack 3 sep gnoll camps then rage and put em all down.....so it was definetly hitting mobs that were not linked, yet were in melee range.