what do you like about your necro?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-reefus, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

not much i can say i like tho most of you know my opinion. since todays my last day playing was wondering what if anything you people like about necs>?
  2. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

I am starting to enjoy it more (I am 27 nearly 28) because I have a steady group now. Going LFG was a pain because no one really seems to want a Necro and while we can solo, there isnt much solo content available (Which is being addressed). I think Necros will hit our stride from about 31 on and I am going to stick it out until then =)
  3. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

I have played Necros forever, I enjoy them. I am lvl 18 and have a group garenteed with my Cleric Wife and Predator Friend nightly. Problems get fixed, it just takes time, I beta tested and there are allot of things that got fixed from the beta.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

Why bother asking people what they like if you are leaving? Leave already. We know you are unsatisfied and people on the other boards know too cuz you've been complaining there too. This game is not for you, simple as that. Have fun in WoW or whatever MMO you decide to play. No one is forcing you to p(l)ay.

Similar to Trace, I have played a necro in every MMO I have ever played and all the single ones if the classes were available. I play for the immersion, I love the class, regardless of the game.
    I never did beta so I cannot comment on what has been fixed in the development phases but as for what I see in the release I think it is great. I am not comparing my EQ2 necro to my EQ1 necro, my DAoC necro, or any other. Consider it a unique class to EQ2 and judge it anew. Yes we have bugs. DAoC had bugs. EQ1 had bugs. Some of them took years to get fixed, some of them were just things we thought were bugs but were working as intended. Ask warriors about aggro management in EQ1. It is not desireable to have bugs on release but on the scale of MMO's and the world of software markets, it is reality. How many bugs to you have in your Windows OS? Do you write Microsoft and threaten to /cancel? Have you ever tried to write an enterprise scale application? Try it some time then come back and whine.
    Sorry I didn't intend this to be a /flame, I'm just getting tired of people with no patience.

Btw Reef, can I have your stuff?
  5. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

hidohebhi...
    coulda guessed you would have flamed instead of replying to the post. just waiting for handlebars to do the same.

so ill ask you again WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT YOUR NECRO??

and no you cant have my stuff but you can blow me..up a baloon.
  6. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

I think I just posted that I like the necro just because. Why do I need to justify it to you? Do you want us to post what we like so you can shoot it down point by point? Take some time off and play Morrowind or something. It's balanced.
  7. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

In the other thread he also put down why he liked the necro.
  8. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

wow you guys just dont get it and never will.

unlike yourselves i am trying to see the view of the other side, and neither of you have put down 1 solid reason or thing you like about necs.

and just another typical reply from someone who doesnt either have an argument or know how to make a point

go play another game ....go play another class....bi bi....

im sure SoE loves losing customers who have played their game for over 3 years.....

did i flame the first two people who replied in any way shape or form??? NO because i am actually trying to see where the people who like necs are coming from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so beat around the bush some more... dont bother actually replying to the OP just flame the person because you dont agree with them, instead of trying to show them where you are coming from.
    Message Edited by reefus on 12-07-2004 01:15 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

No actually you are tying to drag your dissatisfaction with the necro into a poorly veiled excuse for forum drama. Read the other thread.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

[IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

Bwahaha Jak, nice pic. Guess I have been dragging this out as well.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Nah - I enjoy good drama =)
  13. ARCHIVED-ScarletTears Guest

Im not a necro yet, but reguardless of any problems or bugs whatever. Nothing will make me play another class. I like the roleplay aspect of being the lord of the undead too much. I loved my necro in EQ1 and i have no doubt that i will still love it in EQ2.

I was looking around a few days ago and came across that picture of the zombie pet, i can't remember how long i have wanted a zombie pet since EQ1, i can't wait tell i can cast my own =).
  14. ARCHIVED-Fwing Guest

I love the fact that, for two EQ games running, Necros are the whiniest.
  15. ARCHIVED-Szsn Guest

I like being able to sick my pet on some mob while I go harvest some resource on the ground and not have to worry ... lol

I also like the variety of game play i can get that i normally dont have with the standard hack-n-slash method of a warrior class ...

I enjoy going invis and doing some exploration of areas which i really have no business being in ...

In all, I'm never just standing around not doing anything because i can go and do a ton as a necro whether it be some kind of tradeskilling or harvesting or level grinding ... and i can do that mostly with the confidence of my pet's protection and my ability to stay alive in areas that may otherwise be the death of me on my other character ...
  16. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Hear hear! I love that =)
  17. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

It wouldn't matter what we posted about what we like about our class, people like this are a "glass half empty" type of person. Negitive as the day is long and they know & have done everything.
  18. ARCHIVED-noirefatale Guest

I second all that Szsn said.

Especially the part about the invisibility.
    Besides running around Nektulos Forest in areas that would instantly kill me....I also enjoy walking up to tank characters I know and hailing them while invisible.
    Always gets a rise out of them when they are hailed by someone and not know who cause they don't see anyone....till.....they see a Crawler nearby with my name tagged to it.

Oh yeah....and my Erudite Necromancer is sexy as hell with her bald head. :smileyhappy:

Virii
    lvl 23 Erudite Necromancer
  19. ARCHIVED-Suraklin Guest

I played necro in EQOA and loved the class. I tried being a Shaman at first and got bored after lvl 35. I made a Necro and never got bored for one second. I just dinged 20 today and became a necro. I can say I only got a chance to use my pet for a few minutes because I work 3rd shift and stayed up longer than I normally do. The pet so far did seem weak compared to the pet you get at lvl 20 in EQOA. I'm hoping the pets get better as you level or that Adept versions of the pet are really good. If I decide Necro needs some major revamping then there's 23 other classes I can choose to play until that happens. To quit because you think Necro is too buggy is kinda stupid though. The game is just a month old.
  20. ARCHIVED-BuddyLove Guest

I used to play a necro (blood path) on EQOA also. Hopefully our final pet will be something like good ol' Ancient Death yeah? :) Though I am having a bit of trouble adjusting to our role in EQ2 (whatever happened to our undead nukes and blood pact spells?), I'm glad we can still dish out alot of whoop-**mods 4 teh win!!1!**!