What classes are not too vulnerable to power drain in BoL

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by dorotea, Apr 3, 2020.

1. dorotea Well-Known Member

I believe all mages have an ability to quickly restore their own power by draining it from enemies.

Whenever I have tried various other classes they have run into the ubiquitous BoL power drains and had to run around kiting sooner or later waiting for a power potion or stone to come off cooldown so they could use their abilities. I am pretty sure a troubadour would be fine but didn't get any to 110 yet.

What other classes can I level-up without expecting them to be this reliant on potions and stones in BoL solo content? I am not asking about group - not because I don't care but because I understand that a balanced group will have classes that can restore group power.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Why are you balking at using Overclocked Manastones and power potions? You really ought to carry them on all toons, because you never know when you will need a shot of power. There's also Signets of Replenishment in a couple of strengths of power replenishment available from the City Merchants.

Any class can decide to be an Etherealist, and the Ascension Essence of Magic fills power for you and your group.

Apart from that, carrying cure potions for nox, arcane, and trauma is helpful, because often the power drain is an effect of the detriment. If you cure promptly (or have a healer merc that cures) you avoid a number of power drains.

The key is to carry a variety of power baubles, then you aren't waiting for cooldowns. But fast potion or self cures are even more important.
    chattie, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. dorotea Well-Known Member

Thanks - yes I never leave home without a healer merc who gets paid to cure detriments. And usually does a decent job.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Laita Well-Known Member

Channeler can refill their power by curing detriments or sacrificing a bit of pet life... one of the non-mage classes that should never run out of power..
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

SK can do this starting at lvl 52
  6. Fangrim Active Member

Fury is supreme in mana regen, in fact you can go from 0 mana to full mana every 30 seconds with stormlord (right of fury prestige aa). It is great for using etherialist shadow assassin then casting energy vortex and starnova to completely fill your mana.Also put 5 points in starnova fury aa and it is instant cast basically.
    Energy Vortex is also in the fury AA line
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I am going to try it after I get off work on my fury
    Breanna likes this.
  8. dorotea Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll remember that fury information since I just started a family of toonlings on Rivervale and one is a fury. The old servers are crowding up and Rivervale isn't a ghost town any more so I moved over (new characters not transfers).
    Breanna, Fangrim and Soara2 like this.
  9. Soara2 Well-Known Member

And now I love you and don't have to avoid my fury anymore....Just tried it and it worked very well. My Shadowknights use mana seive or sieve sp? they just keep casting it on the mob when it wears off to prevent mana drain. I was only playing them the last 2 expansions mostly because I did not know this trick, although I still love that they can do it. Any tricks for paladin? I betrayed my old pally at 110 and now rerolled a new one.
    Breanna and Fangrim like this.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

My Defiler can maintain his own pretty well. Not as OP as once upon a time...but he handles personal power feed okay. I still carry & use mana stones and power potions though.
    Soara2 likes this.