What are their Names?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Excuse me Please:

I am in the process of assembling a museum, of sorts, and need some descriptive information on a few statues.

Of the following statues, I have a few questions on these:

of the A Statue of Shadow's Bane, what exactly is this a statue of?

and which dragon exactly is Elaborate Dragon Statue displaying?

Thank you kindly for the assistance.

Ceyarrecks.
  2. Kelvmor Active Member

The statue: Some sort of demon thing. It was obviously carved by an artist. The artist may have simply given his take on a demon or gargoyle.

As for the dragon, similar thing. It may not even be a dragon in EQ Lore, it could just be an artist's representation of a dragon. I personally don't recognize it, however.
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

The shadowy bane statue is related to the Everling family, and the curse it is under. What exactly it depicts isn't clear. It could be one of the cursed items the family was known to trade in.

The dragon doesn't look familiar to me, but I'm also awful at identifying dragons. The 2010 date put it around the time of Skyshrine. That puts Lord Yelnik up as a serious contender, but I thought his head was larger in proportion to his body?
  4. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

The dragon statue almost looks like I would picture Tarinax with skin, lol.
  5. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the Dragon Statue is an unknown dragon. no dragon of note that we've met really looks like him. the other one, that Statue has an identical look to the Idol of Mortael, which is the cursed object that has divided Rikantus everling into seperate beings/personas. but i don't think it is meant to be depicting anyone in particular.
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Thank you kindly for the various inputs.
    I will look more closely into the Mortael Lore.
    The continued research I am doing on dragons, the statue looks very similar to Aaryonar the Watcher.
    noting the flanged face, and the nose and jaw horns.
    these seem unique attributes compared to other dragons.
    There are very few pictures on the web of this dragon (with the exception of this http://shige-eq2.up.n.seesaa.net/shige-eq2/image/20061210qc08.jpg?d=a0), and I have not yet finished the 20+ quest steps to actually get an audience.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.