Vulak'Aerr's Dominion Zone Reuse

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Ogdinmar, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Ogdinmar Active Member

I am curious as to why the reuse on the zone is 18 hours. I mean I know a lot of really nice loot comes out of there but every time I run it all I see is belts cloaks that drop in the other zones with a different name. yeah there is some ranged that's slightly different from the other ToV zones but we have seen a charm once and a neck once and we run it every night. if the really good stuff is going to be that rare then why not make it the 1hr 30 reuse instead of 18hrs.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Because it's a Heroic X2, they always have had 18 hour lockouts ever since they reduced normal Lockouts in time. Remember all zones used to be 12 hour lockout timers. I almost would like to see the removal of Crate Quests and put the armor back in zones, but reintroduce longer lockouts.

Also the loot is good, that's why its 18 hours. To limit how fast players may effectively run the zone to get loot.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Why would you want armor back in the zone? One piece of armor at the end for 6 people to roll on? Goodness the only reason we even bother with the zone on a daily basis, is to try and get the EV charm and we have been clearing that zone everyday and 20 clears and not a single \aITEM 1969982830 1501948503:Ahrmatal's Scorching Eye\/a
    :(

18 hours is fine, as it is I rarely run a zone more than once a day anyway
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

You misunderstand what I mean. I mean more like it was in SF, where each tier of Heroic dropped types of gear. You could mix them and tiers weren't quite as obvious as they are in ToV assuming fully Gemmed. (Cryptic->Arcane->Potent->Energized->Mystical)

I would reather see the difficulty increase by a small amount even a static increase like 5% Mob Damage Output and 10% more HP and then see:
    Cryptic items dropping from Bosses within Nexus, Hive and High Keep
    Arcane items dropping from Bosses within Pick Claw Depths, Stratum of the Protectors and Chamber of Stasis.
    Potent items dropping from bosses within the Temple of Veeshan.

For solving the issue with Arhmatal dropping items, well I have to provide more thought to that. There are bonus's of the Crate System (everyone gets loot) and their are penalties (nearly no reason to run zones if you have done the Quest already). The penalty makes it almost no different than if you were completely locked from the zone in the first place.
  5. Voxom Member

Agreed. It is time the zone lockout timer is lowered. It's far enough into the expansion where just about everyone has their ringmail purses so it's not like a massive influx of them will let everyone burn through raid content all of a sudden.

As far as heroic content goes atm, I log in run Dominion, get disappointed at a 6 sec 2h drop then log off. I would love the opportunity to run this 3+ times a day with guildies so everyone can get their EV charms. I think in the last 2-3 weeks 1 or 2 have dropped, in the whole guild mind you, which makes me a sad panda.
    Everdog and Neiloch like this.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Ah ok, I see what you mean. I do get tired of the cryptic armor that drops in here, you'd at least think we could get arcacne out of the X2 :rolleyes:
    EV charm? We have done 20 clears and not a single one yet!
    However we all have the other 2 charms :cool:
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

Actually I am for the exact opposite. Granting players the option to get what they wish at almost no inhibition other than RNG is a great way to deplete the life of an expansion. Look over ToV and tell me, if you had all your 3/3 Potent Gear, your DPS-Proc Jewelry and your Vulak-Charms, would you ever do heroics? Unless your an altaholic I doubt you would find much reason to do so. The lockout timer is fine, in essence the Crate Quests are lockout timers, they can only be done once per day thus you can only benefit fully from runnning a zone once per day. There is simply the illusion of having a benefit, unless you consider a lot of Cryptic/Solo-Quest Gear a good reason to run heroics unless you just enjoy the zone.

***this is not meant to come off as a personal attack, the word You is being used to address anyone who believes lowering Lockout Timers even further is a good idea, this is simply because I disagree with that notion and one who reads this is certainly entitled to think differently.
    Mermut likes this.
  8. Crychtonn Active Member

Estred I don't think your idea would change much on how people run heroic's. For me and most people I know they only get run once a day because you can only get Etyma's once a day.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

It's the difference between implied limitations and actual limitations. The current system is working I would say.
  10. Crychtonn Active Member

Ya, I like the current system. Especially now that they added the armor exchange guy.
  11. Voxom Member

This expansion is already depleted for some of us so I don't see your point. Days I don't raid I literally log in, run Dominion, then log out 30 minutes later. I want to play eq2, I love running Dominion (only fun and challenging zone tbh), why am I limited to doing it once per day?
    Neiloch likes this.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Run a zone 20 times and never get loot I want, shame on SoE.
    Run a zone 30-40 times and still not get what I want, shame on me.
  13. Balbasur Active Member

Any idea if this will be fixed? Should be standard lock out.
  14. Treejay Active Member

i a
    i agree, im pretty burnt out on this xpac, dominion takes like 20 minutes for us anyway, other than raiding there is nothing to do.
  15. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Have to agree there seems to be no logic on the longer than standard zone reuse timer for Dominion. Aside from the charms and maybe a neck or two the rest of the loot is lame (cloaks/belts are damm near carbon copies of the other temple zone drops). Just not seeing consistency here. With nice rare pieces dropping out of all the current zones keeping dominion's excessively long zone reuse timer seems prohibitive more than anything.
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Ha., that's what people predicted long ago. That top raiders soon start to complain that there is nothing to do in this expac except to raid and dom heroic runs. Up to a point of course too.
    And it start happening.

Remove red gems from raid drops and make them cost 1000 or 2000 etymas and here we will have groups running ;)
  17. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Considering 2 green gems on potent armor pieces give them better stats than non red gemmed raid armor the amount you suggested is excessively high. There has been running rumors of the possibility of a new tradeskill book being added for red gems but currently thats nothing more than hype but even if added the crafted price will almost definately be no where near anything over 400 etymas and thats going to be a stretch.
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Whatever the red gem price would be but I believe it should be obtainable by other means rather than only in raids or from contested. And it was just recent when I changed my opinion about it and only b/c of such complains of boredom (see treejay post)
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

I'm glad they have the 1st content update in January. It seems timed very well for when some start complaining.
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

If you think that would stop high end players from complaining you are out of your mind. Requiring more farming != longer lasting content.

More groups would be going if they got the DF put in though. They missed a really good opportunity with so many heroic zones.

Also I don't want the timer reduced because i'm 'bored' I want it reduced because it isn't justified given the loot it drops. A decent pick up raid could kill the first mob in wing one, sontalak, and get better or at least equal charms.