Venekor 3 grouped in 3 minutes 4 days into launch

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fistpower, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Fistpower Well-Known Member

I think me and others were surprised to by this. Asked politely on discord if there would be any raid tweaks and instead of devs just replying or ignoring the question, they banned me instead. Not a single warning or a reply, just a straight up ban.

Am I the only one that think its a valid question? Do people really think its okay killing Venekor after 4 days with just 3 groups in 3 minutes?
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Depends if they consider Venekor a hard raid mob any more. It may be he's catered more at the casual raid scene as a competitive mob.

It could be Vox is balanced super difficult?

Clarification/Communication instead of bans would be good though :)
    tbmroark, Siren and Rosyposy like this.
  3. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I don't know about anyone else, but if I'd been in the guild that did this I'd feel cheated.
  4. firecracker Member

Venekor was killed super early on in Fallen Gate's launch too.
    Vox on the other hand..
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

We do.

Yes Venekor was one of the first x4's to fall on FG, but not in 3 minutes by 3 groups 5 days into the server :p

Venekor's HP was actually changed about a half a dozen times in the first few weeks as well.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I was in the first raid to kill venekor on both of the other PVE TLE servers.

The only reason it died so fast is because of how easy XP was on this server compared to the others. That's all thats preventing people from going through and clearing all of the t5 content sans vox.

On Stormhold it went down in around two minutes, we pug raided it, I remember having four groups but it not really mattering.

Fallen Gate the first kill was around the same time, then it had x40 the hp the next time we went to pull it. The next pull done by the opposing guild was around eleven minutes after my post. The final "fix" brought the fight down to around seven minutes whenever we killed it after that.
  7. Gazruney103 New Member

This is almost 15yrs old content, surely were past who gets what and when lol.
    Grayven and Siren like this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

People have been perma-banned on the EQ2 Discord for less.
  9. docsam Member

yes its fine
    its a 15 year old game which many want to explore old content in a progressive way
    think the main problem i seen on this server has to do with people coming into it with wrong expectations
    its fine as it is
  10. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Honestly, after seeing how they handled Fallen Gate t5:

Don't even bother asking for things to be harder.
    Zenji likes this.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

Your comment makes no sense at all. The game is old and people want to explore it, so raid content should just fall over dead because people looked at it wrong?

I had low expectations, I played the 2 previous TLE servers. It is not fine as it is.

Do I expect a change? No not at all, but it doesn't make it wrong to ask for one.
    tbmroark likes this.
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

I thought the point of a TLE server to recreate the original experience as much as possible? Or am I missing something?
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

You mean people coming in expecting x4 raid content to require an x4 raid have wrong expectations?
    Zenji likes this.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

Welcome to how valuable they view you as a customer, and how serious they take providing a balanced content experience on TLE.

Don't expect it to get better as time goes on.

I'm actually wondering if a group of 6 conjurors could kill Venekor right now, or would I need to add one healer. I think the aoe comes slow enough that the conj's can cure themselves and be fine.
    Adoninilol likes this.
  15. Satyr Well-Known Member

If you're going to be on that server for four months I'd expect them to lift the level of loot from Venekor, Echoes of Time, Shattered Stillness, Deserted Mine and Angler to 50 at least then fix contested with no loot table or broken tables i.e. Alangria and Zatan and then reitemise fabled loot up a little across the board so it's a bit better than treasured.

I don't think these are difficult fixes, but with half the loot from raid encounters broken I don't know how people will put up with it for 4 whole months. Darathar has been nerfed and I think SotL Venekor is the nerfed FG version. It kind of sucks.

If they fixed the easier raid content like Echoes of Time they wouldn't need to nerf mobs like Darathar - because there'd be plenty of stuff for casual players to get stuck in to.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Depends on the mood of the developers at any given time. For example we had familiars, mounts that gave stats, channelers, beastlords, depots, and no veteran rewards; the list really just goes on and on. Yet things like guild halls, chronomages, and a myriad of other lacking/added things weren't in the "tle experience".

It's really just a game of what Kander feels like should be on the server/how it is tuned.
    Errrorr likes this.
  17. Seth Well-Known Member

I think Venekor could be a little bit longer than 3 minutes. I mean from past raid experiences I feel he should take around 6-7 minutes to not feel rushed and to make It a more appropriate raid encounter, then again some bosses in raids only take a couple minutes when done Right. but that is mainly down to gear/ strat / and the fact it's a raid instance and not a contested. I feel contested mobs should take a few minutes longer than your average instanced raid boss. And Venekor at that. I mean this is no dreadwake or stag or that crystalized thing in EF. It's a dragon. EQ2's " meant to be" all fearsome beings. So in that regard I think Venekor should be a little harder.
    And the second thing which does sound weird is the fact that he Was taken down so fast within a couple days mainly because. Is a couple days really substantial for " Gear Collecting for 3 groups worth " I mean I got a full set of icy dig gear in about 2 days of grinding it so I guess it's possible. But that was Just me. let alone the other 5 In group in those 3 differente groups.

Like the aoe that Vene does and adds that spawn deal quite a substantial amount of damage, so with a group of pro's in 40's quested for instance, it's not really impossible just requires you to know the strat, know the aoe timers, add spawn timers. But yeah personally.. 3 minutes was it... Does feel " Rushed" for a raid boss with that quality of gear. I mean I can picture a x4 in full raid gear going in and spending like 30 seconds which would then feel really weird. you would feel like a level 95 in ToV gear soloing it. if that makes sense....

Anyway just a personally opinion not too much to sweat about.