Vasciagio

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Lunarosa, Sep 29, 2023.

1. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Vasciagio passed away this morning. His husband texted me asking if I would be able to let his online friends know. Vas was an amazing artist and architect. Those of you who knew him know what a wonderful person he was. If you would like you can share your favorite memory of Vas here on this thread. He was my best friend, I'm in shock at the moment but I will post a memory as soon as I am able.
    Aterskia, Wulfen, Geroblue and 4 others like this.
  2. Denmum Developer

My deepest condolences to his family, friends, and the decorating community. This is a very sad loss.
    Wulfen, Jewels, Eshnee and 4 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'll say! What little of his work I got a chance to see was amazing! We're losing too many good people. :(

My strongest sympathies. :(

Uwk
    Wulfen, Jewels, Eshnee and 4 others like this.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Oh no! Not Vas . . . I didn't really know him but we would say hi to one another in chat . . . Ohhhhhh . . . He will be missed.
  5. Xxtacii Active Member

Favorite memory... I believe he was the first person I did a swap with (If not the first, very very close to it). I got to decorate his house. I made him his bathroom with a kitty litter box, he laughed so hard, and we were friends ever since.

My heart hurts. He was a wonderful friend and would give you the shirt off of his back if you needed it. I am going to miss him.

Love ya Vas

Xx
    Wulfen, Jewels, Breanna and 5 others like this.
  6. Spextasy Well-Known Member

My absolute 2 favorite memories of Vas:

The first : On one of our very first DecoRaids I "fell" out a window in someone's house and got stuck and there was a running joke for every single DecoRaid after that Vas pushed me out of windows so he could be the prettiest Kerra there. Every single home, if there was a window, someone would say, without fail, something along the lines of "Careful Shan, Vas is right behind you, he's gonna push you out the window again!" And it somehow never got old, we always laughed and laughed. I'm still looking through my old videos but I'm pretty sure I have a livestream of a DecoRaid somewhere where someone actually recreated Vas pushing me out the window and it was the most hilarious thing ever.

The second : After the very first year of Tinkerfest PQ's Vas and I went exploring the "new house" that popped up on the portal and we had no idea how to get it yet. We were very nosy! :D

I will miss you very much, my fellow Kerra friend. Norrath has lost a sweet angel and friend and the decorating community has lost one of it's most creative members.
    Rushd, Wulfen, Jewels and 6 others like this.
  7. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Vas was, is, my idol. I was always in awe of the beautiful things he created. I was always so nervous around him and would basically fan girl every time I talked with him. Then he started watching my live streams and I started watching his and we became friends.

When we went into lockdown in March of 2020 he discovered a game called 7 Days to Die and we started playing that together. We played that from the time we would wake up till 3, 4, 5 in the morning every day that summer, chatting in discord the whole time.

I am very antisocial and Vas would always push me to meet new people and form more relationships. And I thank him for that. I have a wonderful group of friends because of him.

I am going to miss how mad he would get at me when he would watch me decorate on discord. I would take weeks to build something, only to find it a few pixels off, and then have to tear the whole thing down to move it. He was the layout editor king and would always fuss at me, in those situations, and say that I should learn how to use the LE cause then I could just use that to move everything over instead of tearing it down. His teasing made decorating so much fun. I am going to miss him so much.

(Edit)
    I forgot to also say, after we became friends, we soon discovered that we only lived an hour away from each other. We have met and hung out quite a few times irl. He was one of the kindest and loveliest people I have ever met.
    Rhaedien, Rushd, Wulfen and 8 others like this.
  8. Aabari Active Member

He was a great member of the deco-community and will be truly missed.
    Wulfen, Jewels, Breanna and 6 others like this.
  9. Llieam Well-Known Member

Vasciagio was a great friend and a fantastic member of the deco community. It was my pleasure to know him and spend hours with him on projects for both him, myself, and others over the years. I fondly remember the times we spent doing walks on houses and, of course our time when we all merged into the Maj'Dul server and were a very vibrant and colorful community.

It will forever break my heart that I will never hear him say, "STOP BEING SO WARE-HOUSE-EE" when I was getting out of control on deco-raids, I really will miss him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his partner, his family, and all of his friends.

Rest in peace my friend.

Ware
    Rushd, Wulfen, Jewels and 7 others like this.
  10. LilitheEQ2 Member

Vas wasn't just a decorator.. he was an architect. He used the Layout Editor like no other but he wasn't just a builder, he made things beautiful. He could take items and turn and flip and rotate them and just make magic. The bee hive he did... made my jaw drop. I felt truly blessed to have gotten to see houses as he worked on them and get to see his imagination at work.
    I knew he was sick, but I always held on to the hope that he'd be back soon. My heart aches and I hope his husband knows how special he was to us and we are grateful for the time we had with him. His houses will forever be an inspiration to us all.
    Prayers for his family and friends at this time,
    Lilithe
    Wulfen, Jewels, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Has anyone talked to the devs about keeping his various houses up (I'm sure the ones he swap-decorated for others are treasured by them)? Or are there too many to count... :)

Maybe a Portal Project to them, like for Cloudrat? :)

Uwk
  12. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Not yet, I don't think, but that's a good idea. The problem is that he had so many alts and all of them had houses. He did quite a lot of portal syncing his houses so I'm hoping that will help me find as much of his work as possible. Also, much of his work was a combined effort between him, Ceyarrecks and Deamora (Sp?) I think he has more works where all three of them had a hand in making it then works that he did solo.

I'm going to go out today and try to find as many as I can. I plan to make one, very large, video of all his works in an attempt to preserve as much of it as possible.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. He was an amazing person, artist, architect and friend.
    Rushd, Wulfen, Jewels and 3 others like this.
  13. draidean Well-Known Member

I never know what to say to this. Please tell his family I am praying for him, and them, until we meet again.
    Wulfen, Jewels, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  14. Kareena Active Member

I never knew Vasciagio. However, his work IS incredible!! A true inspirational and unique creativity went into his builds. I'm so very glad that we were able to incorporate his "Six Flags over Norrath" on our last Deco-Raid here on Maj'Dul. Forever immortalized in his published works.
    Rest easy Vas. All my love and healing vibes to his husband and his family. Vas, you will be missed. A true talent.
    Wulfen, Jewels, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  15. Scabberss Member

My sincerest condolences go out to those who knew Vasciagio. Although I did not know him as well as many others did, I was thankful to meet him once during a Maj'Dul Deco-Raid. I wish I would have gotten to know him better, he was such a humble person.
    That being said, for this years Frostfell Neighborhoods, a memorial will be build in remembrance of him. I will be sure to update the original post once everything has been created, so that decorators and friends can leave notes for him.
    Sending prayers to his family, friends and the deco community. He will be missed.
    Scabberss
    Wulfen, Eshnee, Jewels and 4 others like this.
  16. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that, prayers for his family and friends <3
    Wulfen, Jewels, Spextasy and 3 others like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My sincere condolences.
    Wulfen, Jewels, Spextasy and 3 others like this.
  18. Jewels Member

I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Vasciagio, I admired and enjoyed his inspirational, creative and unique creations.
    My deepest condolences go out to his family, friends, and the decorating community.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Maybe there can be a book put in the memorial of the names and addresses of all his houses so we can visit them whenever we want.
  20. Wulfen Active Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong... I was under the impression that Vasciagio was also Ceyarrecks.
    Omma began noticing during the past year that he talked rat-language ( a very complicated way of speaking and spelling) and did not treat Omma like a special friend. I did not know what was wrong, and now I grieve as for Cloudrat. Yes we need a --- special little Something ... Please? A Burynai to place in our guild halls? I loved when he would come to a Guide storytelling event and sit down, dressed in his Burynai costume.
    Omma often visited the Norrathian library he had set up inside Fyuri's Uncanny house. I visited it this summer and it was still there then. On Maj'Dul server, I have several places where my dark elf's Secluded Sanctum portal is located. That house has in it a portal to Fyuri's place, personally placed by her, so you can visit the Library. Omma's own Island Library itself has one table with several of Ceyarreck's works on it... even the one about to fall off the table and caught by the hand of a frog.
    Do we have anyone else on the Forums who can direct us to more Ceyarreck's books we can study?