Upcoming Changes for Free and Silver Members

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridolain Active Member

Honestly, with all the stuff we Gold members get w/o paying for unlockers etc is enough rewards for me. What more do you want? We get SC every month, LoN cards, broker, able to use all gear, get our spells up to Master ...

I don't understand.

I have never seen and F2P people brag about paying nothing, because if they want to use the broker, they'd have to get unlocks. Any cool gear? Unlocks ... And good for them if they trade SC for plat, SoE won't do anything about it. Besides, why they brought in the Krono ... gets them money either way.
    Cyliena, Deveryn and Estred like this.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Silver also misses out on things like Fabled food and a couple more goblin game tickets. There's also that nag screen that pops up every so often and the EQ2 page, when you close the game. The broker doesn't just hurt the real wallet either. You can't buy from someone's house, which means you always pay the commission.
  3. Sydares New Member

Unfortunate. Seems like the most invasive reasons that I haven't bothered to resume playing missed this pass. (Spell Quality / Having to 'Unlock' items.)

Oh well.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

That kinda is the only way they are going to "encourage" you to Subscribe. Unless Microtransactions can fully take up the missed revenue from Subscriptions... I would venture that Master Spells and Legendary/Fabled gear will remain "locked" for Silver Members.
  5. Lyssia New Member

While I think it's nice that they are unlocking all the races and classes (except for BL and Freeblood, of course), it's a bit frustrating to those of us who have unlocked any races and classes in the past. It would be nice if SOE gave refunds to those who unlocked races/classes in the last few months, at least.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That's like saying we should all get refunds for having bought the expansions as they come out or purchasing bag unlocks. It just isn't going to happen.

The only way they might give refunds is if anyone somehow misses this announcement and purchases an unlock from 3/7 forward.
    Estred likes this.
  7. Lyssia New Member

I'm not saying they should issue refunds on all race/class unlocks, just the ones that were purchased within a few months of this change. If there was a bit more advance notice of the change so people had not potentially paid to unlock a class or race only to have it be free almost immediately after that, it would be different.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

I could see them refunding (if any) only those purchased since it was announced that it was going Free. I still doubt they will but that is the only circumstance I could even conceive of thinking of it being alright.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I understand what you said. I was just bringing up a previous example of a refund demand.

By the sound of it, they only just came to this decision. Going back a few months is simply too much to ask.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

Now would be a good opportunity to market the game a little more, advertising what is arguably the best f2p system around.

Let's get some newbies again!
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

I would love to see new low-level groups forming. This game has a truly expansive amount of content that is very enjoyable. Today I even saw a Runnyeye group. I smiled, though I was unable to join them. I remember when I first ran Runnyeye... good times :cool:
    Alenna and Deveryn like this.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Well, if we are going down that particular rabbit-hole, it is a bit frustrating to those of us that have been supporting the game monthly with a subscription since 2006 (and some folks even before that) to see bronze and silver members having access to all the stuff they do. Heck, if it were up to me, non-gold accounts would get one race (whatever the least popular one is), one class (whatever the least popular is), and would only have access to a free-to-play forum. (Which would prevent those that don't actively support the game from coming in and spreading discontent while they aren't even playing this game.)

But I guess that we don't all get what we want.

Heck, think of it this way. A new car (or for that matter a used car that isn't very old) loses value the moment you drive it off of the lot. Likewise, the value of your unlocked races and classes has now dropped to zero.

I didn't ask for a refund when the game went F2P. You shouldn't ask for one now that they are relaxing restrictions on bronze and silver accounts.
    Alenna and Deveryn like this.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Well said Roth. I think many on this thread have said the same. As I stated in a previous post the only refund I could possibly even think of giving ground would be on unlocks purchased with SC (for a refund of SC) since the announcement thus SOE keeps their money and players keep their SC, but only on Unlocks used since the change was announced, which the game transaction logs will show.
    flameweaver likes this.
  14. Yperion New Member

My question is what happens at the end of a Betrayal quest.Do i get a chance to switch into a new Class that was previously unaccessible to F2P players e.g. From Wizard to Conjuror?
  15. Othaodin Member

are free to play users going to be able to use the FREAKING CHAT CHANNLES? i havent been able to join in on the fun witht he rp community because i cant use their channles...so this is a big problem. at leqast for me.
  16. Skwor Active Member

There is a very good reason those channels are locked from f2p. Unlocking all the channels would allow spam cites and plat farmers to create a bot program or hire some Chinese boy at 2 cents an hour to continuously free app using a ton of naming conventions and allowing spam advertising in those channels. Sorry but for whatever deity's sake please DO NOT OPEN the chat channels to f2p!
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If you can't use channels, you must be Bronze. I've been able to chat on Crafting, etc. while Silver.
  18. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Wizard -> Conjuror isn't a permitted switch after betrayal no matter what classes you have available to you (more info). However, if you already had unlocked a Necromancer, then betrayed that char after the changes, you would be able to change into Conjuror; both of these classes are Summoners. Wizard only has the option to change to Warlock--they are both Sorcerers. The only class you wouldn't have access to is Beastlord unless you've purchased Age of Discovery, and there's no class you can betray from to "change" into a Beastlord.. you would have to make a new character.
  19. Arfa New Member

The more people we get in and spending, the more SOE will develop for us, so grats Sony, good move!
  20. Skwor Active Member

Just because someone is enticed into playing the game does not guarantee they will spend any money on it. There is such a thing as giving to much of the product away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.