Tradeskill apprentice daily rewards.

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Meunayil, May 3, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Meunayil Guest

With the level cap being moved to 92 for tradeskills andconsidering that doing the dailys with your tradeskill apprentice already has a chance to reward a collassal reactant (tier 10). Is there any way to get the harvestable rares moved to reflect being tier 10 as well (black star sapphire etc)?
  2. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

This does seem appropriate.
  3. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

The old assistants are a T9 resource, collosals produce T9 items (level 90) , it's not appropriate they give T10 rares or raws, I wish they did though...
  4. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

It would be nice to have another shot at osmium, but I don't think we'll see a change to the TAs until level 100 is opened up.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    I actually think this will be another feature that will be forgotten. Rather than add any new recipes (at level 100) they will just release a different apprentice with different recipes.
    I can't see them adding the T10 rares because of the tier difference, but can hope of course.
  6. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    The way I see it, they only went with new TAs because of the odd level cap change. If they had gone all the way to 100, there would likely only be the one raid apprentice added on.
  7. ARCHIVED-Meunayil Guest

Sorry but I beg to differ the T9 reactant produces the level 80 items ... T10 or collassal reactant is what produces the 90 item. It is completely appropriate that with the introduction of T10 rares from withered lands to be reflected in the rewards for the daily apprentice quests.
  8. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Kesugeo@Nektulos wrote:
    The level 90 reactant produces level 90 recipes for level 90 gear. The next logical step is level 100 reactants.
  9. ARCHIVED-Meunayil Guest

How so? T11 would make level 100 items.
    The tiers are 0 - 9, so T9 is 80-89 and T10 is 90 - 92 (in this games case right now). So if the TS apprentice is giving out colassel reactants (90 items), then it leads to say they SHOULD be giving out T10 rares / raws (90-92).
  10. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Kesugeo@Nektulos wrote:
    I concur with this. I was disappointed, but not shocked, to see that our apprentices were not updated for 90+ crafters. The daily crafting quest should've been updated to use T10 mats instead and T10 harvests should've been added to the reward table.
  11. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Please stop using tiers in this conversation. You've been getting them mixed up from the beginning. I'm not sure you understand or know what you want here.
    The current max reward from the TAs is an 80-89 rare harvest and a level 90 reactant. It's the same in the preceding level ranges. 70-79 rare and level 80 reactant and so on...
    The next logical step is 90-99 rare harvest and a level 100 reactant, NOT 90-99 rare harvests and a level 90 reactant.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    My 86 Sage gets 80-89 common/rare harvests and the level 80 reactant. She has been getting this since she hit 80 Sage back in January.
    My four level 90 crafters get 80-89 common/rare harvests and the level 90 reactant. To follow through with what my level 80s crafter gets, they should be getting 90-99 common/rare harvests.

Understand better now? If not, here's the full breakdown, as I've had a crafter of every tier that can do apprentices now:
    Crafter Level 10-19 (Tier 2): Receives level 10-19 harvests (T2); Level 10 reactant (T2)
    Crafter Level 20-29 (Tier 3): Receives level 20-29 harvests (T3); Level 20 reactant (T3)
    Crafter Level 30-39 (Tier 4): Receives level 30-39 harvests (T4); Level 30 reactant (T4)
    Crafter Level 40-49 (Tier 5): Receives level 40-49 harvests (T5); Level 40 reactant (T5)
    Crafter Level 50-59 (Tier 6): Receives level 50-59 harvests (T6); Level 50 reactant (T6)
    Crafter Level 60-69 (Tier 7): Receives level 60-69 harvests (T7); Level 60 reactant (T7)
    Crafter Level 70-79 (Tier 8): Receives level 70-79 harvests (T8); Level 70 reactant (T8)
    Crafter Level 80-89 (Tier 9): Receives level 80-89 harvests (T9); Level 80 reactant (T9)
    Crafter Level 90-92 (Tier 10): Receives level 80-89 harvests (T9); Level 90 reactant (T10)

Tier 1 (level 1-9) is not applicable here because T1 crafters cannot have apprentices. A level 100 reactant would be Tier 11, which does not exist, because that would cover levels 100-109. They should've never removed the tier descriptions from crafting materials, evidentally people are confused by which tier is which now.
  13. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

Wullailduo@Splitpaw wrote:
    i disagree. if you've ever turned in the daily quest at 89 and received a momentous reactant...you should understand. tier of reactants drop like this: crafting level / 10, drop remainder

harvests drop from TS quest like this: rares/common tier = (current crafting level +10)/10, drop remainder. that means t10 harvests should drop from 90+ crafter turn ins.

the current system is breaking its rules. if they are gonna hold out on reactants until you finish tier, but give you harvests a full 10 levels earlier, why buck the system now? its inconsistent.

its particularly unfair to pure crafters, who have one t10 zone to harvest in, which is a flustercluck of mobs and geometry. we went up 2 levels, requiring new tier rares, and new demand, but received 1 zone, which is unfavorable to harvesting in the first place.

90+ turn ins currently are breaking the harvest reward scheme.
  14. ARCHIVED-ReddyKY Guest

ratbast wrote:
    Come on...you get a pack pony...and we have guild harvesters...please spare me. (By the way I wish neither of those had went in...but the something for nothing crowd won out.)
  15. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

ReddyKY wrote:
    They're referring to rares, which neither the pack pony nor the guild harvesters assist with. The common mats are not really a concern; they're already 1c each on EF broker.
  16. ARCHIVED-Tollymore Guest

Threads like this remind me why SOE's designers can and should ignore most of the whining on the forums.
  17. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Tollymore wrote:
    The OP pointed out that t10 is inconsistant with the previous 9 teirs of recipes. Are you saying apprentices shouldn't try to be consistant?
  18. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I want my level 91 and 92 crafters to get T10 rares too. It is the right thing to do.
  19. ARCHIVED-Meunayil Guest

The only reason why 90+ crafters are being given T9 rares / raws or using T9 components for that matter is the T10 stuff had not been introduced. Now that they have the discrepancy needs to be changed.
  20. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    the daily quest is a level 90 quest. Rewards match that level.