TLE (PvE) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gninja, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystfit Well-Known Member

That was disappointing to me and I will re roll to something else I guess. A mystic with no pet is no funsies.
    Jaden likes this.
  2. Odyssey Active Member

I have seen basically 0 mystics/defilers
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I looked carefully at the healer base skills that are not AA based. For two-boxing, where one character follows the other and I switch between them, I am trying a mystic. Good buffs and such. I don't want a class that will be as helpless fighting as a templar or inquisitor will be. And I really don't feel the loss of the pet is too bad, as those spirit pets are soooo squishy.

I am also going to have a fury on the other account.
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Holy Meatbeast! The XP nerf we just got is a bit extreme. They won't sell many XP potions in the store like this. With the 200% vitality and the best XP potion, it is now at a slug's crawl of a pace.
  5. Kaerkor New Member

Not sure if this is relatable or not, but was fighting through the Half-Elf racial instance (Willow Wood) at level two and receiving less than one percent on kills - on level mobs.
  6. Kendayar Active Member

They wanted a challenge, they said. It was too easy, they said.

Now at launch levels of exp, they realized they really didn't know what they wanted after all.
    Belenos and Kuulei like this.
  7. Kaerkor New Member

I actually really hope it stays this way. Only issue is that those who start in Qeynos or Freeport will have a tough time getting to level five, where most of the beginner quests are.
    Jaden likes this.
  8. Anomander New Member

This is truly great news.
    Jaden likes this.
  9. Hyiero Active Member

XP levels are actually a little slower than what they were at launch, killing ^^^ white con mobs in a group with vitality at launch yielded about 1-1.5% a kill, killing a white ^^^ in a group with vitality and a 50% xp pot going yields about .75% a kill, where last night it was yielding like 8% a kill. Double the current xp rate and I feel like it will be just right.

Side Note: Tradeskill XP is spot on I feel
  10. Yuudai Member

There was an xp patch? So you get less xp from quests and monster now?
  11. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

OK. Here's a test for those thinking this nerf is a good thing. Make a character in Darklight Wood. Go through the quests solo, no higher levels helping, just the quest reward gear. See how far you get when you can't even equip most of the quest gear and the zombies/skeletons that are level 8 are pounding on you at level 3.
  12. Peak Nagafun

It's a decent start, but it needs a little further fine tuning.
    Thinwizzy likes this.
  13. Dixa Active Member

a 30% xp nerf was warranted. this is like a 99% xp nerf. it is too much. it is everquest 1, and todays player and payers are not going to stick with it. they will go back to live, get frustrated and leave entirely or at the very least stop subbing.
  14. Anomander New Member

I had some harsh words for DG earlier in this thread. Tonight's XP nerf is a (very slight) overstep in the right direction. I am thrilled that you guys are listening to feedback and willing to bring the challenge and sense of risk versus reward back into this game. I am on standby, ready to eat my hat. Please keep it up.
    Ametha likes this.
  15. GorGusEyes1 New Member

I am having the same issue. It also only lets me make a lvl 85 heroic instead of a lvl 90. Any help or suggestions?
  16. GorGusEyes1 New Member

17. TeholB New Member

Killing a lvl 4 as a lvl 2 is granting .6% in DLW. I will admit, this is extreme and doesn't seem correct, haha. Perhaps the xp penalty needs to be applied in different tiers, rather than as an overall nerf to every level. The curve should increase past 10, past 20, etc.
  18. TeholB New Member

You can fix the DEVL warning by copying the contents of your Live folder into the beta one. Make sure you don't include the beta folder itself or you'll have to crazy nesting. Copy over anything it prompts you to.
  19. Gourdon Well-Known Member

This is definitely something to consider, though I suspect you're exaggerating a bit. Part of the notion is that you will have to travel to more than one zone to level up through a tier or you will have to grind or do dungeons. Needing to be active in more than one zone is probably a better idea starting with tier 2 rather than tier 1, so it might make sense for the significant xp reduction to be applied maybe at 8th level rather than at 1st.
  20. TeholB New Member

No, he's not exaggerating. I just tried it. I am in favor of a harsh leveling curve, but this seems like it goes beyond launch levels, tbh. Try it and see how you feel.
    Alenna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.