Time-Locked Expansion Server FAQ (June 16)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Koschei New Member

I think if you struggle to see that, this is not going to be an enjoyable exercise for either of us.
  2. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Don't be THAT type of exile person ya pleb
  3. Gankednshanked Active Member

So you're not going to answer me?
    Koschei likes this.
  4. hartsia New Member

it will be polled. chill out
  5. Muligan New Member

Max nostalgia... PvP...

My kind of words...
    Deadlyne likes this.
  6. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

can you further illustrate what type of person prefers exile?
    Koschei likes this.
  7. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

stop being a troll. Making a vague statement and not following up with an actual description isnt really going to help anything move foreward.
    Koschei likes this.
  8. Lumyr New Member

30 or 60 days before unlock/vote for unlock feels like way to short time if you want to re-live the old EQ2 days. Hopefully that time will be increased, if not I hope the community will say vote no for the next ex-pack. Please let us experience all the content and not rush through it.
  9. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

That's the whole point voting. If people don't want to move on that fast, they'll vote no. If the majority do, they'll vote to unlock. If you go against what the majority want, then you're going to lose that majority and the servers will die.
  10. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Will you be able to loot the folks you kill?
  11. Grayven Member

"Majority vote 2/3 of the population."

Does this mean "over half of the people who vote, which must include 67% of the population", or did the word 'majority' get misused?
    Jaden and Seefar like this.
  12. Fetish Well-Known Member

Could we please get a clarification on this. Does this apply to bought races, like Freebloods? ...or does it mean that, at character creation, you could choose a Dark Elf for Qeynos or a Halfling in Freeport?
    Siren likes this.
  13. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

On gear drops from lower level mobs in particular:

Of course we should not have the stats that are currently on gear level 30 and below. But could you please restore the neat unique items that dropped from mobs like Rageclaw, Twiggle, and others? They made fighting those mobs more special.
  14. Fetish Well-Known Member

2/3 is a majority...as is 51%...the term was not misused, just stipulated as to how much of a majority.
    Deadlyne likes this.
  15. Nakitar New Member

i have one small issue with this timelock server.... why cant we have the isle of refuge as a starting area? i really think the majority will prefer to start there characters there. does this also mean that the suburbs remain locked and we will still have the new freeport and queynos?
    SmoothJams and Faelynn like this.
  16. Gankednshanked Active Member

Could we get a Dev post regarding current itemization thoughts?
    Fetish likes this.
  17. Slant Well-Known Member

I REALLY hope PvEers don't screw the PvP server for us with these polls
    This isn't meant to be hateful in anyway at all.
    Fetish likes this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

Please let the PVE server have guildhalls
    Wulfhammer likes this.
  19. Fetish Well-Known Member

I'll play Devil's Advocate...though in reality I could swing either way. The question in the poll lumped in not having exile with there being no betrayal option. On the old red servers, there was a fair amount of faction hopping. While some of it was fun, like "smuggling" goods from one side to another before the broker was shared on both sides, a lot of it was viewed as fair weather friends, or people going where the fight was easier. The betrayal quest was/is ridiculously easy and on a server that is faction vs faction (vs faction?), the ability to change sides so easily can be seen as killing a lot of that faction vs faction feel. ...and I am basing that feeling on having played on the red servers before betrayal was an option there.

I loved Exile. FFA PvP is sooooooo much more fun...and my preference would actually to have everyone flagged FFA...where you choose the city you live in, but PvP is determined by guild vs guild vs soloer vs people you like vs people you hate vs gnomes vs Halflings vs whoever you want to kill...but that is drifting from the thought exercise. There was something to be said about team vs team...and that feeling can get muted when teams are switched by an easy quest that has no cool down.

However I loath the idea of playing a goody two shoes Halfling...and would miss the merchants in Freeport telling my Halflings "We don't sell lollipops and rainbows here...", so if no Exile were to mean no betrayal...then I don't see how it would be that hard of a choice. Exile faction wins.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

They need to wait longer for word-of-mouth to spread once these servers launch, otherwise, some returning players could miss out on quite a bit of the early content.

And the bottom choice in the "unlocking content speed" question doesn't even show on the page unless you think to scroll down, which some people may not realize is the case. Maybe the polling window could be made bigger to accommodate it, or else the polls results could be "off" concerning that question.