The Rydian Chronicles: Mysidia: Fragments Passed.

Discussion in 'Traveler's Tales' started by ARCHIVED-MysidiaDrakkenbane, Mar 2, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-MysidiaDrakkenbane Guest

The Siren continued her journey through the waters of Norrath. From the warmer waters of Zek to the increasingly cooler waters towards Everfrost, she never faltered. Everyone had been on the ship for a few days before the musty snap of snow began to sprinkle the air.
    Mysidia popped her head out of her chambers one day and sniffed the air around her. Her violet eyes brightened when she recognized the scent. “Snow”, she whispered.
    She had recovered physically without any complications. Machene and Xerbius were worried about her mental state, however. She would, without reason, withdraw and stare at the ocean chewing absently at her lip. The look in her eyes was dark… certainly no place anyone wanted to be.
    Who could really blame her? She rarely spoke about her capture and what she had to endure during her time in Zek. When she did speak of it, she could only manage to get part of the story out before stopping and choking up. She was a battle seasoned Druid, so there really wasn’t a reason to become so emotional over a few arena battles. Something else kept her silence – something more sinister and it began to work on her worse than any disease ever could.
    The times where she did not think about her capture, she was her usual self. There was even one night where she allowed herself to become over intoxicated on her brother’s brew. Every crew member joined in song, that night, and much laughter was to be had.
    Feja and Mysidia spent a great deal of time together and Feja found herself apologizing more often than not, for the fact that she could not remain at Mysidia’s side in Everfrost. Mysidia placed a comforting hand on her Kerran friend.
    “Think nothing of it…”, Mysidia would say, “…you have children and a family to take care of. I am not entirely sure how long Pergy will be able to care for them.”
    Raevenwolf had gone down into her cargo area and brought up several fur lined leather cloaks to give to Mysidia, Machene, Xerbius, Faid, and Kryimsson.
    “These’ll help against th’ cold.”, Raeven said nodding at them.
    Mysidia observed Faid speaking to one of Raeven’s crew members. Faid seemed to be very taken by her. In truth, the crew member was particularly alluring. It was the way in which she carried herself.
    She had short white hair and fiery blue eyes. Her height had given her away as a Half Elf, like Raeven, but the woman’s complexion betrayed her human side. She had a small nose piercing accentuating her already beautiful face.
    “Faid seems enamored with her. Who is she?”, Mysidia asked the captain.
    “Me first mate, Draya. I hired her to help me finish buildin’ me ship. She helped me pick out th’ rest o Siren’s crew. A quick one, she is.”, Raeven said and nodded sternly.
    She watched Draya intently and began to see her nimbly lift some of Faid’s coin from his pouch without being detected. She couldn’t help but snicker and turn away.
    “It’s a game they both play. He steals from her, she from ‘im.”, Raeven said.
    One particular afternoon, Mysidia couldn’t help but wrap herself tightly in the luxurious cloak Raeven had given her. The cold was really starting to bite now. The fact that they were still on the water didn’t seem to help any.
    As if the world stood still, the winds had stopped and they were quietly bobbing at sea amidst the casual ripples. Xerbius began to grumble. At the rate they were going, they were lucky if they were going to see the shores of Everfrost by next month.
    Feja came swooping in, in her hawk form, and magically shimmered into her usual shape. She shook her head as she approached Raevenwolf.
    “I am sorry, Captain Wolf. There isn’t a decent wind for miles and the shores of Everfrost are at least another day’s travel.”, Feja said almost apologizing.
    Raeven cursed something fierce. She looked over at Mysidia who was calmly resting on a crate looking at the still ocean. “Can’t ye do somethin’?”
    Mysidia was snapped out of her daydream haze and looked up as she heard something said towards her. Faid walked over to her and began to agree with Raeven.
    “Yeah, aren’t you supposed to be able to control the wind or something?”, he said and made a few fingers gestures to mimic a spell caster.
    Mysidia laughed and shook her head looking down. “You don’t work with very many Druids, do you?”
    Faid looked at her dumbfounded.
    “You can’t control something that isn’t yours to begin with.”, Mysidia mentioned. “We’re merely a vessel of the Natural Energy.”
    “In his defense, sister, you used to be able to make the rains stop and start on a copper, once”, Xerbius added looking up from a book he was studying in.
    “That was years ago and things have changed since then.”, Mysidia added.
    “Have they really? The ability never leaves you, Sid. It’s merely a part of you that is dormant and needs to be awoken.”, Xerbius said.
    “If that’s true, then why are you not able to port?”, Mysidia pointed out.
    “Wizards scribe spells into their books, using words to help them channel their will. And my book was lost many years ago. I have had to start another and these port spells have not surfaced since the Rendering. You, however, are a Druid. The ability lies within you. You tap into energy you already have, to do the things you do.”, Xerbius said removing his reading glasses. “Have you even tried since your awakening?”
    Mysidia shifted in her seat uncomfortable. “Some things are easier to remember do than others.”
    “At least try, Sis. We’re sittin’ ducks out ‘ere.”, Kryimsson said egging her on.
    Sighing, Mysidia rose from her seat and began to walk to the bow of the ship. Her eyes scanned over the calm ocean as she tried to find a focal point. She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, closing her eyes.
    She began to pay attention to the sound of the air around her. She remembered how she used to do this when she was younger and what Belle taught her while she was living with her tribe.
    Was it really the energy around her that was different, or simply her inability to connect with it any more? At any rate, she was tired of it and more determined than ever to break this energetic block.
    Her inner being began to search in the area around them, feeling for even the slightest breeze. It was as if her soul was separate from the body she was in and her body was merely being left behind. Her soul “embraced” the natural energy around her. This much she remembered.
    Her soul was an energy conductor in search of any kind of natural movement within the air around them and past them. It was like being outside in the hot sun, and trying to feel the slightest whisper of wind across your face for relief.
    She searched wider with her mind, moving past mountains and fields. Her soul’s energy was on flight for a simple breeze, anything that she could magnify.
    And she found it… Beyond the woods of NekForest, she felt the tiniest breeze.
    Feja approached Machene concerned. “My lord, I do not think this is wise for her. I’m afraid something of this magnitude will drain her back into exhaustion. She has not yet fully healed.”
    Machene placed a hand on Feja’s shoulder and grinned. “She may surprise you, Feja. I’ve been married to her for a good number of years now, and this never gets old for me. Just…watch.”
    Mysidia mentally held on to the feeling of that breeze and began to channel her energy into it, causing it to multiply in size. Her energy began to almost stretch out the breeze like water would to a balloon, without the tension. And as her energy began to fill the breeze, she began to move it along, rolling it from tree to tree and cloud to cloud.
    Beads of sweat began to dot themselves along her brow, but nothing broke her concentration. She took in another breath and released it slowly, feeling the pull of the energy from the earth around her to her chest and back again. The energetic thread was yanking Mysidia forward.
    She continued to push the, now gust, forward with another hard mental shove. Dry mountain air began to trickle and litter the air around them and for a brief moment, you could smell the snap of dead wood from NekForest. Raevenwolf looked around, swearing by her nose on what she smelled.
    “Brell beneath us…”, Raeven murmured.
    “Brell may live beneath the earth, but He has nothing to do with what Sid is doing.”, Xerbius whispered.
    With another large breath, Mysidia continued to push. The tiny hairs along her face began to stick under the sweat and moments later, began to flutter in an oncoming breeze.
    Mysidia began to softly chant several words together. They were inaudible, but most certainly in her native tongue. When she lifted her head and raised her hands to the sky, a powerful “push” came forward and almost threw the large ship into a spin.
    Everyone grabbed on to whatever they could, to stay standing. With that large gust of wind came a steady breeze and the large dark blue sails of the Siren billowed up full of the precious wind.
    The crew cheered. Raeven began to bark orders of manning sails and grabbing various pieces of rope. Mysidia opened up her eyes, realizing what she had done and an exhausted smile spread across her face.
    She had done it. For the first time since her awakening, she began to feel connected to the land once more. She swayed in place and Machene and Xerbius were right there to help her steady herself.
    “That was incredible.”, Faid said with his eyes wide.
    Mysidia gave him a satisfied heavy lidded smile. She looked over to Raevenwolf, barely able to keep her head up.
    “Captain, you might want to prepare yourself for a storm.”, Mysidia said fatigued.
    “Storm? Why?”, Raeven asked.
    “I may have overdone it… a little.”, Mysidia admitted.
    Kryimsson’s eyes widened and he began to scramble and grab his belongings that were “loose” about. “Oh d.amn…”, he mumbled as he ran frantic.
    “I …dunna understand…”, Raeven said as she looked at Kryimsson confused.
    “Iffin’ me sister says she o’er does it, we’re in fer a whollop. Last time Siddie “o’er did” anythin, we were snowbound fer a month.”, Kryimsson said giving Mysidia a stern look as he went below to secure his belongings.
    “You still haven’t forgiven me for that. I was a first year Druid… First year!”, Mysidia said yelling after her brother as she walked below.
    “A month?”, Raeven asked with her eyes wide.
    Xerbius sighed and placed his hand on Raevenwolf’s shoulder. “Yeah.”, he said nodding slowly. “I don’t envy you… Well, I’ll be below!”
    And as Faid, Feja, Austforbeer, and Machene followed suit, they could hear Raevenwolf spitting curses at them the whole way.
    Message Edited by MysidiaClash on 01-26-2007 01:19 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

That chapter made me grin. =) Keep up the good work Mysidia.
  3. ARCHIVED-danous Guest

/Cheer - that was really good :smileyhappy:

more.... More.... MORE :smileymad:

hehehe great work, keep it up. :smileywink:
  4. ARCHIVED-MysidiaDrakkenbane Guest

The shores of Everfrost were brutally cold and painfully white. Mysidia was amazed on how blue the water was compared to the white floating icebergs. Her eyes began to drink in the raw natural beauty around her as the sun began to peak through the dismal gray clouds.
    She had her cloak drawn tightly around her where only the tip of her nose and a small part of her chin stuck out from the fur lined hood. She gave a faint smile when she watched several dolphins and whales swim close to the ship, but far enough to be safe. She always appreciated their curiosity.
    When they reached the Everfrost docks, her heart sank deep into her stomach. Nothing looked even remotely familiar. She placed a gentle hand on Machene’s arm and looked up at him.
    “I’m sorry…”, she said quietly. Machene looked down at her with sadness. What was left of his home, was gone. Kryimsson couldn’t believe it, either. The look on his face was one of deep sorrow. It took his breath away.
    “Where’s Halas?”, Kryimsson nearly choked out.
    “Under water, brother.”, Xerbius said placing a hand on his brother’s shoulder.
    Machene was silent as they left the ship. Mysidia was beside herself. If this is what was left of Machene’s home, she couldn’t bare to think what happened to her own.
    Mysidia looked around and the biting wind caught her in her eyes, causing her eyes to tear. She could barely make out several fur traders haggling their prices and a few other Norrathians checking in with the mail. Mysidia always had thought of that as an odd sight. But then again, there really wasn’t one place she couldn’t port herself to. No matter where she wanted to go in Norrath, all she had to do was cast and off she went. She really missed that part of traveling…or lack there of.
    Machene had said a few quiet words to Raevenwolf, Feja, and Austforbeer before walking towards one of the fur traders for information. Xerbius and Kryimsson had said their “fair wells” before joining Machene. When the time came for Mysidia, she embraced Raevenwolf.
    “Thank you for all that you’ve done.”, Mysidia said looking down at the shorter half elf. Raeven nodded.
    “T’was nothin’. Machene’s a good friend o’ mine. He needed help. That’s all there is to it.”, Raeven said and left towards the ship.
    Mysidia looked at Austforbeer and gave him a large smile. “I owe you…both.”, she said as she also looked at Feja.
    “You are Kin-Sha, my lady. That never changes no matter what generation you see and know.”, Feja said hugging Mysidia.
    “I will see you both in a few weeks. Give my best to Maya and Kaige when you see them.”, Mysidia said and backed away from the ship.
    Mysidia waved to them all as they began to slowly sail away. In the distance, she could hear Raevenwolf barking orders to her crew. She turned around and looked at her group.
    “Now what?”, Faid asked looking around. They were standing on an isolated dock. In order to get to the land, they would need a smaller row boat to carry them across.
    “We swim.”, Machene said taking off his cloak.
    “You’re not serious…”, Faid said looking over the side.
    “He would’ve never made it in Halas.”, Kryimsson said and laughed. Mysidia couldn’t help but hide a chuckle. She remembered the constant swim between the entrance to Halas and the large cave before it. Waiting for the raft to show up simply took too long.
    “We’ll freeze as soon as we hit the water!”, Faid exclaimed.
    Mysidia gave Faid an odd look. “You really don’t work with many Druids. I won’t let you freeze.”
    Mysidia removed her cloak and closed her eyes feeling the energy around her. She had been practicing this spell for a few days while they were out at sea. It took her nearly two days to finally get it right. She found, that after her renewing the winds, things began to get easier for her. She wasn’t fighting with the natural energy, trying to make it do what she wanted to. Instead, she was working with it, in conjunction.
    In a matter of seconds, a surreal blue energy began to form around them and lock firmly onto their bodies. Faid looked up shocked as the feeling of being cold subsided almost immediately.
    She then released another spell and ghostly white rings surrounded them all. “Stay close to me and you’ll be able to breathe and see under water, too.”
    “You’re remembering!”, Xerbius said giving her a warm smile.
    “It’s a start anyway.”, Mysidia said and jumped feet first into the water. Faid was expecting a shock of cold to rampage through his system, but he was quite surprised to feel…nothing. He felt the water, but nothing else. It was neither hot nor cold…it simply just ‘was’. Whatever Mysidia had done seemed to protect them against the elements. And not a moment too soon. The moment they had struck out on land, it began to snow.
    When did reach land, they managed to swim up to a nearby camp. They were greeted with large smiles and a warm fire. Several Barbarians were around the campfire already telling their tall tales of previous battles.
    It seemed to be a mixed camp, however, and both sides of the faction (Freeport and Qeynos) seemed to be in each other’s company. Mysidia began to learn it wasn’t so much good versus evil anymore, but different survival methods that determined where you stayed.
    “’Lo, there, Machene!”, Mysidia heard a gruff voice shout through the falling snow. Mysidia turned around to see who called out her husband’s name. The body that followed the voice was the largest Troll Mysidia had ever seen. Mysidia’s eyes widen and she felt herself shrink behind Machene.
    “Kaglaaz, well met!”, Machene said and gave the Troll a good strong handshake.
    Kaglaaz stood several feet taller than Mysidia with an unusual reddish tint to his skin and several large face piercings that added to his monstrous appearance.
    “Kag, these are my brothers-in-law, Kryimsson and Xerbius.”, Machene said and backed away so that the proper greetings could commence. Xerbius and Kryimsson didn’t seem to mind shaking the troll’s hand.
    “And this is my wife, Mysidia.”, Machene said with a sense of pride in his voice. Kag recognized it and nodded slowly extending his hand.
    “Ah. Woof lady.”, Kag said softer. Mysidia peered up at the large troll and gently took his hand to shake it. She couldn’t quite understand why, but there was a certain charm about the Troll that made her smile. He was also the first Troll she had ever shaken hands with.
    “How did you two…?”, Mysidia asked not entirely sure the history between them.
    Kaglaaz laughed and slapped his knee. “Machene here help Kag clomp Giants gud for dere toeses.”
    Mysidia, unsure of her new large friend, looked over at Machene for a translation. It was going to take her a bit to get used to Kag. She had never really worked with a Troll before and was taught to stay away from them.
    “Kag here needed help finishing a Lore quest for the giants. He kept me alive while I took the hits for him.”, Machene said.
    Mysidia looked Kag over for a few minutes before asking, “A shaman?”
    “Nar, Inquisitor!”, Kag said proud.
    Mysidia raised her eyebrow. A cleric? She blinked.
    “You nar see a Troll before?”, Kag asked looking at Mysidia. The look of confusion was clearly written on her face.
    “I’ve never been this close to one, no. But…”, she looked at Kag and gave him another soft smile, “..if my husband trusts you to heal him, then that’s enough for me.”
    “And Tusk, Boxx, and Ammora. Where are they?”, Machene asked. Mysidia had to remember that Machene was adjusting to the new world long before Mysidia had awoken into it.
    “Dey head to Permafrost. Tusk knows where dey keep dere shinies.”, Kag said and winked.
    Machene laughed and gave a heartfilled slap on Kag’s arm. They both walked off together towards another large fire and Mysidia was left giving them both an odd look.
    “It’s only natural, sis, that Machene found friends while you were asleep. Five hundred years is quite a long time to be gone.”, Xerbius said noticing the look on Mysidia’s face.
    “Aye. Machene’s a good judge o’ character. If he trusts the Troll. There’s a good reason for it.”, Kryimsson added and walked towards the fire.
    Shaking off her preconceived notions, Mysidia followed them all around the bonfire. Kryimsson, of course, brought out a bottle of his brew and began to share to anyone who asked for a [I cannot control my vocabulary]. A [I cannot control my vocabulary] was all they needed.
    Mysidia leaned over to him, eventually and asked. “How is it, no matter where we go, you always seem to have a bottle of Rydian Ale?”
    “I keep me brewin’ stuff on me. Several of th’ towns have brewin’ stations now. If we stop, I stock up. Which reminds me, next major town, I have to brew some more.”, Kryimsson said as he looked at two lonely bottles at the bottom of one of his bags.
    Mysidia sat quietly and observed the men around her talking about battles of past days. There were a few women about, but the men population greatly outnumbered the fairer sex.
    Mysidia couldn’t help but smile down into her tankard when she heard some of the stories the men told. Most of them, obviously were grossly exaggerated. Some even spoke of making runs to Permafrost. Mysidia remembered her first encounter with the large Frost Giant city.
    “An what about ye, lass? Ifin’ ye sit around the fire, ye have to tell a tale.”, one of the Barbarian men said in her direction.
    Mysidia lifted her eyes and looked at a young Barbarian male that addressed her. She then turned her gaze over to her husband who held a knowing smile on his face. He nodded at her to encourage her to speak.
    “I remember Permafrost…but these were the days when Norrath was much younger than it is now.”, Mysidia started. A small hush fell over the huddled campfire mass. A few of them whispered the word Rendering. Mysidia nodded.
    “Yes. I was alive before the Rendering. I have seen the great walls of Halas.”, she said. “The Permafrost I remember was the days of when the Mighty Lady Vox was alive. And she was very angry with me.”
    “Who wasn’t Vox angry at?” one of the men jested and laughed.
    Mysidia laughed with them and nodded. “Aye, that is true. But I am sure you would be particularly sore if your mate had fallen to the blade of the intruder that was now in your house.”
    “You beat Lord Nagafen?”, one of the older Barbarians said. Mysidia nodded. “Now you are lying.”
    Mysidia decided that retelling the tale of Nagafen would probably be better than rehashing a Permafrost story.
    So, she started her tale. Machene and Mysidia were down in Solsek finishing up a task they were given. They were on their way out when a friend of Mysidia’s had asked for their aid. It was a friend’s guild and they were in need of Mysidia’s healing abilities. Mysidia simply couldn’t say no. She saw the tears in her friends’ eyes.
    Machene and she had agreed and off they went to do battle with Lord Nagafen. The guild leader, being a paladin, had no choice but to be up at the front line, using her lay hands as needed.
    She did, however, set up a healing “train” of sorts along the walkway towards Nagafen’s lair. The warriors would run back and get healed as needed and then back up to the front lines to do battle.
    In theory, it was a brilliant idea. But as any major general can tell you, things that look great on paper never seem to pan out that way. And before long, many of the warriors had dropped due to exhaustion …or worse.
    The healers were beyond exhausted, reviving and healing the wounded and fallen. Mysidia had moved up to the front of the healing line and watched with horror as her husband fell to the fiery breath of Nagafen.
    The large red dragon seemed to sneer in her direction and Mysidia could feel her ire raise. Machene’s job as her Catta Thaeja was to protect Mysidia at all cost. Forfeiting his life could have been a factor, but Mysidia couldn’t face that. She had lost one “Knight Protector” in battle. She was not about to lose a second.
    Grabbing her two handed staff firmly, she charged up to the front lines and stood before the large massive dragon. He looked down at the tiny Rydian and laughed.
    “Insignificant pest… I shall smite you like all the others.”, Nagafen said and laughed. Mysidia, never lost her ground. As Nagafen’s fiery breath cascaded down onto Mysidia, she threw up her hand and held strong with a large magic ice shield around her.
    Nagafen, thinking he had killed the tiny Druidess, stopped his onslaught to see his victory. Much to his surprise, she stood before him, smoke curling off her armor like some ethereal blaze. Her eyes lit up in a voluminous violet inferno and with her staff, she pointed it and shot out a devastating ice blast that punctured Nagafen’s thick scaly hide.
    Nagafen grabbed his arm and yelled. He shot an incredulous look at Mysidia. She still stood before him, defiant as ever. “How DARE you, WHELP!? You will PAY for what you have done!”, he roared and shot down another cast of fiery breath.
    Mysidia was there, raising her arms to throw up her ice shield one more time. The intensity pushed her back towards the door, her feet, sliding on the ground beneath her. The heat started to melt her armor onto her flesh and she began to scream under the searing pain.
    Machene yelled out for her. She turned her attention and looked at her husband’s badly burned body. Anger raged through every limb and seeped out every pore. With a huge surge, she threw her energy into the shield ahead of her and blasted Nagafen’s breath off.
    She swung her staff, hoping to get a cheap shot in on the enormous beast. Her wooden staff, however, was merely a toothpick to him and he quickly swiped it away. He outright laughed at her feeble attempt to do any damage physically. Mysidia realized that it was magic versus might with this and she had to rely on her natural power to win the fight. She didn’t have a choice. It was either win or die.
    Nagafen’s taloned paw came and swiped Mysidia effortlessly off her feet and over towards the corner. Her body slammed up against the cavern wall and she felt the familiar whoosh of wind escape her lungs.
    She coughed and sputtered pathetically, trying to get the air back in.
    Nagafen laughed. “You cannot best me, child. I am Lord Nagafen! Master of Solsek! Lord of the Flame! You are but an insect to me!”
    Mysidia slowly rose up to her feet. She began to wobble her way slowly towards Nagafen. She squinted up into his face. “I am Mysidia Drakkenbane. Hierophant and Chosen Child of Tunare. Empress of the Rydian Empire and I say I can!”
    Gathering up her energy, she surged forth a frigid icy blast of intense proportions. A large blue white bolt shot from Mysidia’s hands and crashed hard onto Nagafen’s battle worn body. Nagafen stumbled back, shocked at the tiny Druidess.
    She didn’t stop. She continued one ice bolt after another. As he began to stumble back, she began her advance. The air began to snap crisply with the ripples of magic energy being surged through it.
    With a final cry to the heavens, Mysidia clapped her hands together and threw forth a gigantic ice ball that crashed into the side of Nagafen’s head, crushing his jaw. Blood sprayed out of the open wound and Nagafen fell silent to the ground. Mysidia fell to her knees and an awed hush fell over the remaining people.
    They had won and Mysidia had gotten in the final blow.
    When Mysidia had finished her story, she looked around at the faces that were keenly attuned to hers. She had accomplished what few had. Knocking Nagafen out was one thing, but she got in the final blow. It was usually the warriors who had those bragging rights.
    “But yer a healer…”, one managed to say.
    “No. She is a Druid. She does far more than just heal, boy. And I know that voice…” a deep gruff voice said. It was an older voice, calmer, and tempered with patience. The moment, Mysidia had heard her, her eyes lit up as did Machene’s.
    The circle around the campfire parted and an old Barbarian with long white hair hobbled towards them. His skin was intricately scarred under years and years of ritual tattooing. His once green eyes were now gray with age that seemed to blend in with his hair. Mysidia instantly ran up to the man and gave him a warm hug.
    “Who is that?”, Faid asked Xerbius.
    With a respective head bow, Xerbius replied. “Bearsoul. He’s a Shaman of the Old World. He helped Mysidia on a vision quest when she was younger to help her tap into her energy. Much our power stems from our heritage and Bearsoul helped Mysidia recognize it and use it. Without him, Mysidia wouldn’t be the Druid she is today.”
    “That would make him over five hundred years old.”, Faid gasped.
    “Yes, it would. Don’t be so fixated on the here and now, Faid. Destinies have no timeline and finish when they are done. Bearsoul’s has not finished yet.”, Xerbius said and walked over to the Shaman.
    “Bearsoul.”, Mysidia whispered.
    “Aye, lass. It is good to see you, too.”, Bearsoul said with a warm smile. He gently took Mysidia’s hand and gave it a paternal squeeze before joining them around the fire. He then turned and looked right at Kryimsson. “Now, how about sparing some of your fine brew for this old man?”
  5. ARCHIVED-Yamene Guest

[p]this is a great story, i enjoyed reading it and hope there will be more soon.=)[/p][p]Yams[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-MysidiaDrakkenbane Guest

[p]Thanks for reading.[/p][p] I don't know when I'm going to update this. I've taken a break from the game. I had gotten EQ2 burnout BIG TIME. Plus, my brothers convinced me to play with them over on WoW, so I've been having fun with them. [/p][p]I won't abandonded my story completely, but as of now it's put on hold until I can get a feel for Everquest again.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Ekuthh Guest

[p]Understand completely. I've suffered the same thing several times since starting to play EQ2. Take a break, gather your energies and come back home to us when you're ready.[/p][p]I'll be looking for you.[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Yamene Guest

[size="x-small"][face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]knwo what ya mean, ive been taking a break from eq2 as well been playing van gaurd[/face][/size]
  9. ARCHIVED-danous Guest

I have to often take breaks from EQ2... sometimes it gets a bit repetitive. Take care and I look forward to hearing more about Mysida :)
  10. ARCHIVED-MysidiaDrakkenbane Guest

Another chapter is in the works. Yes, folks, I'm writing again. =)
  11. ARCHIVED-Tainda Guest

Yay Yay Yay!!
  12. ARCHIVED-niko_teen Guest

[p]/twitch /twitch /twitch[/p][p]Arg W.T.F. [/p][p]/sigh hmmm gunna need that chapter soon i think. you're not even writting and yet I'm twitching[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Ekuthh Guest

[p]You twitch anyway, niko... [/p][p]Cut back on the caffeine, cigs and beer and it won't happen so much.[/p][p] [/p][p]Probably because you'd be dead... 8)[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-janell Guest

woot yea your back :) we missed you ...hugs....
  15. ARCHIVED-keegan the 1st Guest

Yay! Welcome back Mysidia! =D careful though, by announcing that you'll have lots of twitchy lurkers out after you :D me included =P
  16. ARCHIVED-niko_teen Guest

[p]Hence why i called her out on the forums.[/p][p]*rallys the Troops and gives them a speak about making ready to storm the Rydian Citadel and demand a new installment quickly*[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-MysidiaDrakkenbane Guest

[p]Not a large chapter by any means...but I am writing again which is a good thing. Enjoy![/p][p] [/p][p]Everfrost was a different world in the early morning hours. Usually, the snows from the night before have filled in the divots and impressions left by the animals and humanoids that walked through the pristine whiteness. Now the freshly fallen flakes have cleaned the man made impurities, smoothing it out in a virginal blanket.[/p][p]Hues of pink and purple began to paint their way onto the canvas sky as the sun started to do its traditional daily climb to the horizon line. Mysidia sat atop an icy ledge, looking down at her group mate's camp. She was in wolf form and the winds that shaped the jagged snowdrift dunes, blew powder flakes onto her muzzle that spotted into fuzzy slushy dew.[/p][p]Mysidia was restless. The various sounds during the night kept her awake and instead of trying to fight for sleep, she merely took the job as night watch to ensure her camp's safety. Machene knew that Mysidia wouldn't sleep well. As much as her heart belongs in the outside open air, new places always made Mysidia edgy. She lived a life of constantly having to look over her shoulder. She never knew if there was an Iksar around the corner, ready to capture her at moment's notice. Old habits truly do die hard.[/p][p]Bearsoul had led them all towards his hut in the mountains, where he said it would be safer than down in the valley. Barring the fact that the Barbarians in the camp get rather rowdy after hours of drinking down stale swill, ice goblins and wolves had a tendency to snatch an opportunity where it would present itself and drunken slumbered men were always such an opportunity. [/p][p]No matter how much Bearsoul assured their safety, Mysidia was always up at the sound of every yip or crackle. Even the snaps from the firewood made her jump. Between living in slave pens and ceremonial Iksars, sleeping sound was a constant battle with her.[/p][p]Machene rolled over and felt the furs next to him. He popped open an eye when he felt the cool temperature. He realized that Mysidia was up and had left some time ago. In peering outside of his tent, he scanned over several trails of muddy paw prints outlining the camp. She had been up for more than just a few hours.[/p][p]Machene pulled on his fur cloak and boots and headed out into the frigid morning air. Wisps of breath rolled off his mouth as he gave a solid look around. From the looks of things, Mysidia had patrolled and paced most of the night. Over next to the fire, a freshly slain and cleaned elk rested, ready for cooking. Machene wasn't quite sure if it was Bearsoul who had caught such a large beast or if Mysidia had done it herself.[/p][p]No sooner had the thought struck him that Bearsoul came yawning out of his hut. He gave a large stretch and scratched at his head through muffled gray hair. Machene noticed he only had on long johns and no shoes. He shivered just looking at him. Bearsoul noticed Machene and laughed.[/p][p]"Antonica life has soften ye, boy.", Bearsoul said and continued to laugh.[/p][p]Kryimsson stumbled out of his tent, obviously still inebriated from the previous night's activities. He peered at the elk that rested near his tent and grunted with a sloppy grin on his face.[/p][p]Mysidia quietly padded her way down the ledge and towards the camp when she recognized several of them awake. She kept her distance until she was able to morph back into her usual form. [/p][p]"Morning.", Machene said smiling at her.[/p][p]"Morning.", she mumbled back. She did little to hide the exhaustion on her face. Machene knew that she'd sleep better when they were back on Raevenwolf's ship.[/p][p]"You had an early start.", Machene began to say "Any luck in finding their trail?"[/p][p]"It snowed during the night, so there is little as far as a footpath or trail I could follow. And not knowing their scent, I couldn't track anything. When we've had a decent meal, we can start heading out towards Permafrost and see if we can pick up anything along the way. Kaglaaz did say that it had been a few days since they were last seen.", Mysidia said.[/p][p]"Was the elk your doing?", Machene said looking over at the kill. [/p][p]Mysidia nodded. "It is an offering to Bearsoul for allowing us to stay at his camp."[/p][p]"An' a fine offering it be, great lady. That'll last me a good month out here and the furs will fetch me a decent price at the harbor.", Bearsoul said smiling broadly. "I'll get to cuttin' it down now. Kryimsson, help me drag this."[/p][p]Machene walked over to Mysidia and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Are you all right?"[/p][p]Mysidia sighed, the circles under her eyes confirming her exhaustion. "Yes. I'll be fine. We had better pack some extra rations with us if we're heading into the mountains. Some of those drifts are really quite deep and we'll be burning off more energy than we should be, out here."[/p][p]Machene nodded. It was going to take them a good day's ride to get out to the Permafrost gates, and that was if the weather was agreeable. [/p][p]"So...who's up for an Elk steak and eggs?", Bearsoul said holding up a thick slab of freshly skinned and sliced meat. A wide grin spread across all of their faces and they began to walk towards Bearsoul's hut.[/p][p]+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++[/p][p]Salty ice slosh wavered against the frozen wooden harbor. Seals and snowgulls dotted the oceanic scene as a large dark wooden ship made its way silently into the Everfrost Docks. The ocean was calmer today and barely rustled up a hiss from splashing waves. There was just something oddly eerie and calm about the weather around them. Not that this was unheard of, but it never took the "off" feeling away from it all, either.[/p][p]Several of the shipmates had started to tack down and unload their cargo. Several of them had their proper documents in hand and a few of the Harbor Masters were giving a scrutinous eye since they had noticed the seal from Freeport had adorned the bow of the ship.[/p][p]Akahsha, using her sneaking abilities, quietly moved passed the guards and towards the small boat that would carry her to the Barbarian camp across the way. It seemed that no matter how hard she tried, Mysidia was constantly two steps ahead of her. She didn't like that. She wasn't used to that. Akahsha proudly carried the title of Mistress of the Blade among her "collegues". Getting that title meant you were there waiting for the prey, not chasing after it.[/p][p]She quietly placed her pack into the boat when a voice from the distance shouted towards her. [/p][p]"You! You there!", a man's voice said in the distance. [/p][p]Akahsha looked up and watched the man approach her with a swift step. She grumbled under her breath and withdrew her dagger that was hidden amongst the many layers she wore. [/p][p]"Ugh. Too many variables.", she muttered to herself. She knew that a skirmish here would draw attention, so using her daggers was an extreme last resort. She was going to have to use some of that charm and flair she remembered hearing her mother used to have.[/p][p]"You! That boat is not for the taking. You will have to rent it like everyone else!", the man said in a haughty tone. The moment he got to her, he folded his arms in a self righteous manner.[/p][p]It took her great restraint to not just roll her eyes and stab him right there, but she could hear her mother's voice scream at her over and over "DIPLOMACY!" She kept her ire and merely batted her silver colored eyes.[/p][p]"Oh, many pardons, sir. And where abouts would I give my deposit?", she asked in a naïve tone.[/p][p]The man seemed to loosen his stance some when he realized that she wasn't going to be any trouble. [/p][p]"That would be me, miss. I own this boat, here.", he said "It'll be 10 gold. Five each way."[/p][p]She began to clench her jaw. Oh how she LOATHED being civil to someone who was subservient to her. When she was done with her mission, she thought she would make a point to come back here and force Mr. Boat Watchman into slavery. The thought of having him on his knees in front of her made her insides grin wickedly.[/p][p]With a slight of hand, she withdrew her purse and sprinkled a topical poison on one of the coins. She wasn't going to get the money back, but that doesn't mean he should be alive to enjoy it, either.[/p][p]And as she sailed quietly on the boat, she couldn't help but choke a giggle as she heard the human begin to gargle for his last few breaths. She paid a pretty penny for that poison and she was happy to know that her money was well spent. Pity, she thought, that she couldn't observe the effects first hand. Hearing it would simply have to do.[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-niko_teen Guest

19. ARCHIVED-keegan the 1st Guest

yay! thank you Mysidia :D
  20. ARCHIVED-AvalonSpirit Guest

[p]WOOT welcome back[/p][p] [/p]