The New All Access Plan Information & FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Jemth New Member

Since Vanguard is going to still be up and running when the new plan takes effect it stands to reason it would be included with the other games:
    [...I also want to let current Vanguard members know that we will be upgrading your membership to SOE's new All Access membership. Basically under this new All Access plan, you can continue to enjoy membership benefits in Vanguard until it sunsets, only now, you’ll also have top tier access in our other membership games...]

We do hate the loss of Vanguard. We started playing it from Beta. We tried telling the original Devs when they were asking for player input that they needed to spend more time listening to the more casual players instead of only the hardcore crowd. We knew from experience that the hardcore crowd would be in for a short time then move on. The more casual player would be their mainstay. They wouldn't listen and that is exactly what happened. We loved it but couldn't contend with the folks that treated the game as if it was only theirs and eventually took most of the fun out of playing. It is a good game with fun characters and individualization. Though we hated the crafting system we loved the game. Sorry to see it go.
    suka and Gaelmyst like this.
  2. Sayntlee Member

awww :( No more Wizardry? I just started playing again the controls are poor but I like the originality of it. Better get my playtime in while I can lol.
    suka likes this.
  3. Sayntlee Member

If you pay sub you still have to buy expansions and everything
    suka and Alenna like this.
  4. Sayntlee Member

I'm not a raider and loved the idea, I do play more than one game, well it looks like I'll be down to two games after Wizardry is gone, but players like me would have gotten a better benefit. I have another suggestion though I like to mentor and run lowlevel raids is there any possibility of being able to put the trophys in my house and not just the guild hall? I have like three of God King Anuk's head lol. Thos DP dragons can get expensive looking which is why I don't own any
    suka likes this.
  5. Pariel Active Member

Thanks RadarX - I appreciate you cannot give such a guarantee - you have to pass on the knowledge you are given. The fact remains however, as Pips, Seffrid and others have alluded to, the FAQ and announcement clearly state that a grandfathered EQ2 account that has remained with SOE following the PSS fiasco will "remain with us, and will automatically become SOE All Access members under the new program."

The membership announcement also states all existing individual game memberships to the new All Access plan, which will include the top-tier membership level in all eligible SOE games (EverQuest, EverQuest II, DC Universe Online PC, PlanetSide 2 PC, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and the upcoming EverQuest Next and EQN Landmark)

So from my customer point of view, I am a grandfathered account, so I am covered in the FAQ part...and I am part of the collective term of "all" which surely means my account will be SOE and used for Everquest Next?

Sorry to harp on about it, but I sometimes think you have no idea exactly how much this means to me and probably many others like me. I guess it all boils down to a simple question, one I've personally asked countless times over the past months/years

Can an existing EU based SOE subscriber of EQ2 play Everquest Next on their existing SOE account?

The FAQ and announcement as far as I am concerned state just that and no where can I see anything to suggest otherwise. Can someone please clarify that mine (perhaps our) assumptions and understanding of the FAQ is correct?

Piquet75, Trevynoae, Seffrid and 2 others like this.
  6. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

That's kinda the point, sub and pay for all expacs etc and STILL don't get the whole game. I wouldn't expect an expac for free, happy to pay for the work the devs put in. When they add features (however minor, non-essential or handy) to the main game that I pay a monthly fee for and expect me to pay yet more money, then I (not unreasonably) get fed up,
    Seffrid and Sayntlee like this.
  7. Angua New Member

I see three members asked about whether or not the 25% discount subscription price will be carried over into this new plan. I too have this special discount subscription. Will you still honor the price when we move from an EQ2 sub?
    Gaelmyst likes this.
  8. daicia Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update and I'm happy with the changes. I'm one of those who pays a multi-month recurring and the SC bonus does offset the chance I may not log in as much as I'd like sometimes, due to unpredictable health. Even as ill as I am, I have not had an issue yet logging in and claiming the LoN packs since they changed it to this method. If it's a matter of remembering, why not set up a reminder in your phone or on a calendar? No matter how bad I'm feeling, I tend to log in for at least one event or holiday that's recurring (City Fests, Moonlight Enchantments are even monthly), so that's how I remember.

The major benefit to players is that you no longer have to pay a multi-month to get these benefits. You can sub only when you know you can log in for at least one day and claim it, drop the sub if you can't manage at least a single day log-in. It also means those who use Krono get the benefits too--and some of those players are good friends. I for one am glad that my friends who use Krono and those who can only sub during certain seasons of the year/off and on are at least getting the benefit I've had for so long. I always thought it was a bit strange that they were left out even though they were technically gold members too. If my health declines even further, and I realize I can't manage to log in once a month and want to drop my multi-month recurring, at least the perk is still there when I can pay a month or two here and there as well.

To those angry about having to claim it, why not just pay for the months you can log in for sure now?

The All Access will be nice for some players I know too, so that's happy making. I thought Landmark and EQN were F2P, so it'll be interesting to see if the mysterious "special promotions" mentioned in the announcement mean anything in those games. If so, I might take more than a short tour in those.

I may not have played Vanguard or the other games that are going the way of the dinosaurs, but I do feel bad for fans of those games. I liked someone's suggestion of allowing a player maintained legacy server for Vangaurd (sorry I didn't grab your name and idea to quote). I'd love to see something like that happen and it'd be interesting good-press for SOE, especially in an era where indie developers get so much love and Kickstarter money. Ha! There ya go...donate it to a dedicated mega fan, cut your responsibilit, write it off for taxes, and let that mega fan run a Kickstarter to keep it alive. ;)

My sympathies to the European players who still have to wait for some answers. The wait for this announcement felt like it took forever, so I can only imagine your frustration.
    suka likes this.
  9. beagley Well-Known Member

From the FAQ - hope this helps

10. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with the changes (tho.. I would have liked to have had a chance to vote on the 2k SC voucher) I don't mind /claim ing my 500 sc a month. I can't wait to see what kind of deals and special offers gold subs can take advantage of. Hopefully there are some double sc days in there!
  11. flameweaver Well-Known Member

From the first post in this thread :

We will be upgrading all existing individual game memberships to the new All Access plan, which will include the top-tier membership level in all eligible SOE games (EverQuest, EverQuest II, DC Universe Online PC, PlanetSide 2 PC, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and the upcoming EverQuest Next and EQN Landmark) for one, low monthly rate of $14.99 (with extra savings for 3, 6 and 12 month plans).
    There will be discounts, whether at 25% or not I guess remains to be seen.
    Gaelmyst likes this.
  12. Brainfreeze New Member

so what about the folks out there that pay per month using game cards. We pay 15$ a month but do receive the same station cash benefits. we do get no percentage off, no extra station cash, is there anything that can happen for these folks? I am one of such folks. I pay 15 dollars a month for the gold account and if I want anything extra I have to buy another 15 dollar card to get it. any plans for these folks?
  13. Brainfreeze New Member

so what about the folks out there that pay per month using game cards. We pay 15$ a month but do receive the same station cash benefits. we do get no percentage off, no extra station cash, is there anything that can happen for these folks? I am one of such folks. I pay 15 dollars a month for the gold account and if I want anything extra I have to buy another 15 dollar card to get it. any plans for these folks?

**We pay 15$ a month but do receive the same station** we pay 15 dollars a month but do not receive the same station cash benefits. sry I missed a word.
  14. beagley Well-Known Member

According to the FAQ

Does that answer the question?
  15. Brainfreeze New Member

yes, thank you.
  16. Vhardamis New Member

Very true there are exceptions to the rules and always will be instances such as that.

I would, gladly in fact, give up any of my perks to pass them over to someone serving. But I had a pretty good feeling the people braving the world to keep us safe aren't the ones wasting time whining on this thread about having to take a 5 minute action on their part to keep said perks.
  17. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I like the subscription changes and if I find myself in a situation where I cannot log on for a month to claim my SC, I will ask either family or close friends. Either way, it's a $5 convenience loss and not the biggest thing ever if you miss a month.

It's sad to see Vanguard going. I loved the concept of it, played it for awhile ... and I guess I'm part of the reason it left, because I didn't keep with it and wasn't there to assist in profit earning. I hope the newest IP they're working on keeps some of the elements of VG that were unique.
    suka and Gaelmyst like this.
  18. BoomBoom New Member

Why can't you just include Vanguard and leave it as is on one server since we will be forced to have all access anyhow? I was already all access and purchased that sub so I can play Vanguard along with EQ2. I do not play the other games. I don't have time. I know the end game peeps was new content but I would be happy to play it as is through all the classes although I take time to enjoy my games unlike power levelers who treat MMOs as single player games with a social aspect. I do not really understand that mentality.
  19. daicia Well-Known Member

It's not free to run or maintain a server though. It costs them money and there wasn't enough interest. I feel for you, since SWG players went though the same loss of a game world we loved, but it's not realistic for a company to pay to upkeep a game that drains money from their pockets--and that's what they've indicated has happened with Vanguard.

Since your wish won't likely happen for monetary reasons, I think it'd be better for them to release the intellectual property and let fans run their own legacy servers. Real mega-fans could pitch in for server upkeep and still play the game as much as they want.

You aren't being forced to have all access, you're being given all access for the same price as a single-game sub; Smed won't come to your house with a gun and make you play extra games if you don't have time or interest. ;) In essence, All Access price has dropped so it's the same as a normal, single month sub here in EQ2 and they will be keeping all of the mufti-month sub pricing from what I've seen.
    Belenos and Gaelmyst like this.
  20. Ayumi New Member

but Smed said they will keep Planetside 1 server running with no future updates and no marketplace.
    so if they can do that for Planetside, why cant they do that for the 4 games they are closing?
    Gaelmyst likes this.