The Keeper of Nihility - Unable to reach lower Obelisk

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Jgok, Dec 12, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Jgok Guest

The Keeper of Nihility in Obelisk of Lost Souls appears to once again be making trouble...

I went in today on the Permafrost server, initially on my Paladin, to help some guildmates complete the "Summoning the Creator" quest. There were already two groups camping the named for that quest, so I decided to log on the main and take them down to the lower levels for some exp and maybe even loot.

I got my Conjuror there, and opened the locked door in the entrance room. My guildmates followed me down to the triangular level where spawns the Keeper of Nihility, we went into the Keeper's room, and lo and behold, he was up! So I confidently move forward, ready to spawn the little ring event. I target the big blobby thing, hit the "H" key... and... nothing. zip. zilch. nada.

I can hail his pet all I want, I can stand right underneath the Keeper himself and do all the mean emotes I can think of, but I can't seem to get him ticked off enough to send his buddies after me. When I hit the "H" key to hail him, you don't even see "Hail, The Keeper of Nihility." I tried disbanding and hailing him outside of the group, I tried having a guildie who was not red to the Keeper do the same, I had the naked low-level Scout that was in the room when we got there try hailing him (after promising a rez, of course :p ), nothing. Asking in /ooc got me a few /tells stating that others were having the same problem.

Of course, when the Keeper of Nihility is up, the door behind him is locked... So I couldn't get past him, and couldn't kill him... Good thing I already have To Speak As A Dragon completed...

After about 20 minutes of frustration, we finaly gave up, I sent a bug report, and we went to Vault of Dust for the little time we had left online. (46 Mystic, 50 Berserker, 56 Conjuror... and we creamed em :p )