the fix details - pics of the spell changes

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Fennir, Mar 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-DarkLegacy2005 Guest

If you never are the MT shouldnt you just be able to sit pretty at ~20m and shoot off all your ranged CA's, come close for some melee CA's, back out, rinse and repeat? No need for the root?
  2. ARCHIVED-IllusiveThoughts Guest

fyi your trying to compare apples to oranges. It would be illogical to compare 2 spells from two different subclasses directly against each other. The only semi fair way to compare is with a classes dps. which takes a bigger slice of the overal damage dealt.
  3. ARCHIVED-CrimsonValerian Guest

Sounds like the devs are finally on the right path for you guys which i'm glad to hear *yeah an assassin so what*. That focus fire is ridiculous though my god, at adept 3 my murderous focus level 58 i think spell is only around 52% dps increase thats insane, and on a 5 minute reuse timer not 1 minute. Now i have something to bi tch at the devs about.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sirlutt Guest

how long does it last though ?
  5. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

murderous focus is the equivalent of our brutal instinct, which is also on a 5 minute timer
  6. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Note it only lasts 10 Seconds, and with a 7 Second Delay bow, you gain maybe 1-2 Shots worth of benefit. Whereas withthe 36second Assasin spell combined with dual wielding auto attack (1.2sec delay) you get considerablly more use from it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ail Guest

/agree.
    Some people won't be happy until they get a god mode button....
  8. ARCHIVED-Ail Guest

Yeah well ranged critical works on arts too...
    Focus fire + triple shot or
    Focus Fire + sniping shot is gonna be murder....
  9. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

I'm already making the macro:smileytongue:
  10. ARCHIVED-CrimsonValerian Guest

Ah my bad, its the only short duration dps increaser assassins get you guys get 2?
  11. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

we share honed reflexes (bloodlines) which is on the same 5m recast 36s duration as our instinct line

so we have 3 when all is said and done. if you guys are lagging behind us after the fix i'd say you deserve a similar 10s duration 60s recast 50% melee crit buff. it's a very nice idea and a great way to improve an almost useless skill (which is why i bet assassins never noticed we had it before).
  12. ARCHIVED-CrimsonValerian Guest

I agree especially if from what i'm hearing from other posts in this forum, if rangers right now are only lagging by 100 dps behind an assassin with at the same level being broke as you are, as soon as these fixes go in i expect that rangers will surpass us on the dps charts but who knows what the margin will be. I don't care if its a 100-200 dps difference between the 2 predator classes but if its higher i'm gonna ......play my templar /sigh. Kidding!! I'm never that bored.
  13. ARCHIVED-syncline Guest

Cool... Good to see SOME inproving! Sure sure 4 seconds but its 20 seconds recast.. So just kite out this along with the stun. Root... ranged attack .. stun.. ranged attack.. Root... ranged attack .. stun.. ranged attack
    Should work well.. Gotta make focus fire so instead of 10 seconds its ONE shot or something. So you have plenty of time to get the head shot in (sniper shot).

Just my 2 copper
  14. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Ok so Focus Fire + Agility Critical AA + Faster cast timer AA = 10 secs of POWA!

Crank up Triple Fire and I think we'll be very happy.
    Message Edited by valleyboy1 on 03-07-200601:37 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-syncline Guest

Ohhhhhh... wait... Focus Fire + Agi crit hit aa lvl8 + Honed Reflexes (i think it is) + sniper shot = HEAD SHOT!
    G-G-G-G-G-GOD LIKE!

lol :manvery-happy:
  16. ARCHIVED-hieronymus Guest

try 400-500. During raiding courts last night the assassin was doing 1000-1100 consistantly every fight where the rangers were doing around 600. Now thats quite a big difference. Buts lets wait and see if a 4 second stun will help us bridge that huge gap.
  17. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Remember these changes aren't live yet and if you guys keep throwing around phrases like "God Like" they will never make it there.
  18. ARCHIVED-Xevik Guest

Sound like good changes. :) Wouldn't mind seeing a few more improvements made and/or the cost of arrows going down, but this is definitely going to help a lot. :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

Agreed on both. These changes sound like exactly what we need. I look forward to them hitting the live servers!
  20. ARCHIVED-syncline Guest

aw man... there not?.. well.. [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] these changing are the suck... O_O