The EQ2 Time-Locked Server Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vinyard, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

What can be done about all the t2-t6 gear (mostly fabled) that was never revamped with the new stat system, still has old stat combos like wis and agi, str and wis, int and agi etc. and made worthless for too long now.

And to add on; not only are the stat combos insufficient but the stats themselves are very low, like a level 20 fabled piece that grants 2 agi and 5 wis.
  2. Maxxen Member

I can't wait for the live servers. So excited :)
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

I'll be on the TLE PvE Beta server with bells on if you allow me to. I want to make sure this is the best experience for those of use who came later to the game I'll tell my brother and my friends who were there since day one and see if they want to help make it a good experience for those who were there from the beginning
  4. Dauvien Member

First time in ages I read over an EQ2 thread (found the eq2wire article so came to read things over). I like what I'm reading here from the dev's comments and the community suggestions so far. I know the discussion of how the timeline server will progress is still up in the air (timer based on main raid mob kill seems fine), just want to add a suggestion not seen yet.

After the timer countdown starts for the next Timeline to open up, would it be possible to use the Agnostic code on the Raids (zone in selection between normal raid vs agnostic version)? Could allow groups of friends who don't/can't raid anymore to play the content for the experience. Agnostic version of raid content could have agnostic loot tables so those putting in the raid time don't feel burned for the efforts (yet giving groups something else to work toward after they've completed the heroic content waiting for the next timeline).

I'm in agreement on a few big requests too:
    • no Mercs, population should be sound enough for groups
    • minimize fast travel
    • unlock key features based on the expansions (AA amount/trees, mount types, secondary crafting skills)
    • no guild halls (keeps the cities active), housing is fine for personal space/decorating
  5. SandsMans Active Member

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but in an effort to not tank the economy right away, maybe the 75 plat bags that you can get off the Loyalty merchant shouldn't be available right away. Or were those merchants not going to be in at all initially?
    Gourdon and Regolas like this.
  6. Jazhara Member

Im not sure if harvesting has been discussed yet, but I would def like to see harvesting rares be reduced back to the rate it was during Shattered Lands.

If the xp gained is lowered, and the journey takes much longer to get to 50; This would make having crafted armor quite worth investing into. Im sure people would like to also be able to spend some time harvesting for rares and actually make them feel "rare". It would create more demand for them in a newly done economy.

Anyone else agree with this?

-Jaz
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

Definitely need to control inflation better.
  8. Jazhara Member

I would prefer not to see any loyalty merchants on the server until the proper xpac they started to release them anyway. That would solve the problem =-)

-Jaz
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

Agree. I wouldn't like to see loyalty merchants. It's too easy.

And inflation only really went super out of control when people could solo kunark raids, so as long as the coin split system is in place whereby you get coin based on the number of players, then it should be ok for a while.
  10. Gninja Developer

We plan to not have loyalty merchants active on these servers. You will however be able to earn loyalty tokens you are able to spend on your other servers since they are account wide.

We are looking at how easy the beginning of the game currently is and will likely make adjustments to bring back the challenge at least to some degree.
    Xevran, Ardur Duradan, Alenna and 2 others like this.
  11. Gninja Developer

Me too!
    KhaineUK likes this.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

Please no group xp debt.
    Siren likes this.
  13. Pantz Active Member

when you get to SF please restrict all items that came out after 2010... those dirty over 100 stat DoV items.
  14. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

What will happen between RoK and TSO? With the removal of crit mit, there is almost no reason to get shard gear anymore.
  15. Josgar Active Member

Will the general starting areas be Halas, Gorowyn, Kelethin, Neriak since the cities aren't being reverted? Or will we start with Kelethin and Neriak only since Kunark / Velious will be locked?

Also...

High Elves Rule!
  16. Pantz Active Member

what u talking about shard gear is still the best tso gear... most of it has been updated
  17. Crowder Member

You should read more than the last few pages. that is not happening..
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...server-discussion-thread.560708/#post-6209529
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

19. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Avirodar likes this.
  20. Pantz Active Member

i can't really tell which is better since i don't play tanks but it's different for different classes. indeed some of the stuff from VP is better for some classes and for some classes the T3 shard armor from wards of elements is better. For other classes the T4 TSO x4 raid armor is the best. many of the classes will find the T2 legendary shard shoulders the best with the +8 combat arts or spell damage. some classes best for mix and match. It's ALL good :)