Tarinax patched?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Squall Leonheart, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-FuRiouSQ Guest

Outch 9 tanks? Well everyone has different ways and different strats.
  2. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Funny, your a noob and have nfc what your talking about. I haven't played my ranger in 3 months for Raids, I raid with my Inquisitor. Thanks for trying though, good luck next time.

Have a nice day
  3. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

I wish I had seen this before 2 people already said what a stupid comment that was.
  4. ARCHIVED-waldemar2 Guest

I totally agree with you.

My guild wasn't successful at farming Tarniax yet, so we got ***** because now he's really to hard (for us) to beat him now, so it's difficult to get the stupid claymore update. I wish we have gone to DT the day before they fixed him... -.-
    Message Edited by waldemar2 on 08-02-2006 02:05 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-dingo2882 Guest

For the first time ever, I agree w/ TheEasternKing. I'm in shock to be honest.

And Esar, he was making a generalization regarding the 99%.

-------------

Only about 10% of EC members post on these forums with any sort of regularity. If you dont like individuals in EC, take your complaints up with them, I'm tired of mindless guild hating like this, directed at my guild or others; its pretty weak. About half a dozen other guilds had members post pretty much exactly the same comments as EC members, but apparently first guy got his feelings hurt by Miroh or someone in some other thread and feels he has to try to derail this thread to bash on us and spout off attempted propaganda like "we have a bad rep" because he saw our members posting in it. Jumping down our throats and attacking us when some of our members benignly post their opinions IS trolling/guild hating, btw, in point of fact. And to bring it up again 4 pages in the thread later isnt any better, other guy, I was just going to let it slide since first guy didnt repost.

EC is just like most of the other high end guilds, or guilds in general for that matter: lots of good people and a few members that are outspoken on the forums. Rarely ever is there complete consensus over any issue among the guild, and we discuss various topics like this one in ventrillo with people voicing their various viewpoints. Some people come to post here, some people dont. Taking the comments of one or two individuals within a guild(and I seriously doubt either of these two are familiar with more than 2-3 EC members) as justification to talk trash about the whole guild is pretty lame and simplistic. I've seen people jump down our throats in one thread(Why oj? for example) just to change their minds and repost in another thread the exact opinion theyve used as grounds for bashing usas their own.

As far as Tarinax is concerned, I'm glad he's fixed and a real challenge now, and I'd give up my claymore reward in a heartbeat with no ill will towards SOE if they decided to roll back the quests. I'd just get it again in a few days anyway and it'd be just as weak of an upgrade as it was before. In my opinion, the final mob for the quest line in each tier should be one of the more difficult encounters in the tier, and I hope this is the way the future tiers with be structured. Darathar and Godking were too easy relative to other mobs. Just because its part of a quest doesnt mean it should be easy, and I think people have a hard time with this. Everyone can get the quest in their journal and they get upset if its something thats going to be out of their reach. I guess its too much of a tease, but not every quest should be completable by everybody. I totally agree with several of the previous posters though that this change is incredibly late, but that goes without saying I think.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jounar Guest

If the devs fix the crappy claymore rewards all they have to do is put in a new final quest where you have to kill Tari again to get the fixed version of the reward :)

And while I do agree that 5 months is way late to fix this mob, it balances out when you consider how trival they made they DT access quests when they nerfed and instanced all the contested mobs it used to have.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sanju Guest

I'm also glad he's fixed, and less of a pushover than he was. I'd hesitate to call him a "real challenge", though. He's still pretty darn easy.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Our templar had a good idea last night. Break the proc on every claymore item and cut the stats in half. If you want the regular, fixed item, go prove you can kill the real tarinax.
  9. ARCHIVED-perano Guest

Was Tarinax hot fixed like recentily ??

because a i've been hearing he no longer spawns the adds when you get in the water is this true ?
  10. ARCHIVED-Screename116 Guest

Jeez there are stupid people posting these days. First you so called "uber guilds" You need to quit speaking for everyone that plays the game, and quit trying to get it changed to suit you and make you more "uber". You act like soe should bendover backwards for you just because your good at a game. Quit bringing up the idiotic idea of nerfing people's claymore rewards, because most of them werent that good in the first place. /Bow to ishbu.

Cant wait to hear the rest of your goons express their feelings about how good they are and how everyone else sucks.
    Message Edited by Screename116 on 08-02-2006 10:27 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

SOE should also make it so if you dont kill tarinax on the first pull, you cant pull him again for a period of 1 month. That way you have to not only kill the real tarinax but you have to do it well without lame strats like Death Coordination.

Oh and if more than 3 people die, SOE should have tarinax deathtouch the whole raid.
  12. ARCHIVED-Screename116 Guest

*** Zones and Population ***

- Adds associated with the Tarinax encounter will now despawn as soon as they are no longer engaged.

Any uber people have a problem with this?
  13. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Any wannabe players have a problem with some people doing things better than them?
  14. ARCHIVED-Screename116 Guest

I have no problem with people that are better than me, but i am no wannabe. My only beef is that you try and get things changed to suit YOU. Think about others before you blurt stuff out.
  15. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Let me look over all the threads. Nope, not seeing any crusades about fixing tarinax. Everyone who tried him knew he wasnt working properly though. SOE realized it and finally got around to fixing it.

All I see is that your upset at better guilds/players because they realized this needed to be fixed and made harder. Now wannabes like you are all mad at them for no reason.
  16. ARCHIVED-Screename116 Guest

I said what my beef was, you saying that everyone's claymore rewards should be broken. Thats it...
  17. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

I cant beleive anyone took that seriously.....
  18. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

I'm glad this mob was finally fixxed. We was far too easy for an orange mob and the fix makes him a bit more challenging now. Good deal. Now just upgrade the loot some more and you will have yourselves a winner. 100 point poison ward on a pair of boots is insulting.
  19. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

The fight really isnt any harder. There are 2 small things that need dealing with that arent a big deal at all. If you could kill it before and you cant kill it now on at least your second trip into the zone since the changes, thats just sad.
  20. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

*** Zones and Population ***

- Adds associated with the Tarinax encounter will now despawn as soon as they are no longer engaged.

this is a good fix. you guys see that fraps with 150 adds? lol