stop sharing room vault across properties ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Took a 37 warden and her merc to Lesser Faydark. First mob I see, near the horse and stablemaster, is 60th.

So went to Lavastorm. First mob is 35, but doesn't attack me. So I looked to the left and see something bigger. Its 81st.

Went back to Steamfont. There are mobs in Steamfont which are still 8 levels, about, above my highest level characters. So I'll stick there for awhile.

If LF is darker than GF, I wont like it. Mostly why I skip GF now. Can't see my character's area, even with personal torch in the display settings.

Haven't tried Everfrost yet. As for snow blindness, if the character is wearing a great helm, full head coverage with eye slits, thats the same as wearing snow goggles. Shouldn't be any snow blindness with that.

If just a helm, iron hat, with a nose guard, then I can see how that character would get snow blindness.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Gero if you're having problems seeing turn your gamma up. That's what I did, I used to have horrible darkness turned up my gamma and voila I can see. Lavastrom is level 50 max, the mobs you see to the left that are level 80+ were added for the void shard quest they are just there in that one section of the beech the rest of lavastorm should be 50 and below. Lesser Faydark is not a dark zone but it is a pita getting around, unless you use the horses. But I like to run around everywhere so I can collect the shinies :)
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, definitely learned my lesson about Lavastorm..."note to self: do not go past that bunch of rocks off to the left. Got it." But yeah, LS can be dark and gloomy even at high noon with the gamma up, simply due to the cloud cover and particulates in the air. :-/

Unfortunately, turning up the gamma level will also make Everfrost worse, though at least they have a variety of altitudes of ground cover, different shades and hues of ice and snow, more rocks and mountains here and there than in Frostfell Village (which, when they first brought in that mountain off to the back, was so damn blinding, folks were actually coming down with headaches in RL; I learned quickly to focus on something like the iced-over water [poor sharks! :(] and the mountainsides around it at high noon). And unless you're going 1st person camera the entire time, Gero (which I wouldn't recommend, even if I didn't get motion-sick from it; you lose the clue that there might be something big about to pounce on you from behind, or even the side), yes, you will get bothered by a too-bright expanse of just blinding white; doesn't matter what you're wearing on your toon's head. :-/

Uwk
    who strongly, seriously recommended wearing sunglasses In RL that first year in the modified Frostfell Village
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I turned my Gamma up as well. It took playing with it a few times in different zones to get it to where I could see in the darker zones but not have the lighter zones look washed out.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Is this my computer gamma ? I can't seem to find the gamma setting in the DarqUI.

Did see a warning in chat after patch that said some non-default UIs were experiencing a slow down. Didn't see it today, but I did notice combat zooms by faster than before. I'm frantially plressinjg keys on my keyboard and not much is happening. Same for crafting.

I did check for DarkUI updates, last one was July 18, 2019.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Gamma is under your options for EQ2, I'm not on to see exactly where. Try options - lighting maybe, next time I log in I'll try to find it if you haven't found it by then.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll try Thursday. Its almost night night time for me.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Not under lighting. That lets me tell the servers how many lights I want in my area.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

DarqUI updated yesterday, 8/28.
    https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19176
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Try Options - Display. Sorry I really need to log in and find it for you but I'm making dinner right now.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ok logged on and got it for you. Make sure you have advanced and not basic turned on. There is a button in the upper right hand corner for that. Anyhow it's under Options - Display - Color Correction. There is a slider for overall gamma. I have mine near the middle a little below, and it doesn't do horrible things to me in places like Everfrost.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, no wonder I couldn't find it.

Thanks !
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I thought I had a fuel depot for Shartara. Can't check that character's vaults, etc. because the toon isn't available, locked out due to f2p. I'll check inventory download when I can.

So I have 2 of each depot, except fuel, on Maj'Dul. I checked in Broker, but the cheapest was well beyond what I have on my characters.

I'll work on Tinkering after Frostfell.

Now I just need to get Maj'Dul FF fuels up higher than I currently have them. All okay on Skyfire.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gero! My Dacci on Maj'Dul can whip up a Fuel Depot or two for you; just send me an in-game mail. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have an account on all access, I'll send an in game mail from there.

Thanks !

edit: Since the game is down for maintanance... the character on Maj'Dul is Dragolah.

My apologies for typing wrong server on this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No worries; once it lets us back in again... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm back in... but things are slow, then speed up, then normal. Hamsters need some feed, or something.

edit: Got Dragolah up to Tinker 12/205 doing daily Tinker in Raven's Nest.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think you're gonna need a greater Tinker score than that, love. Hang on, I'll be in. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, its my first day tinkering. I bought some recipes, all red, cannot scribe.