Station Launcher error

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-Old Relic, Oct 15, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Old Relic Guest

I can't even log into EQ2 because I am getting the following error when I run the launcher:

There was a problem moving C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest II\Ip_temp\Everquest2.exe_delta_11037_444.patched to C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest II\Everquest2.exe. Please make sure the game is not running

Last time I had this issue I had to remove the launcer completely and reload it, but the problem seems to be when I reload the program the next time I use it.
  2. ARCHIVED-Old Relic Guest

Just switched users since LDL is no longer active. Not sure if that matters at all.
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

I would highly recommend making the transition to our latest LaunchPad for Everquest II which I've linked for you below. Get the full download verison and install it over your existing EQII game folder. This will avoid having to re-download the bulk of the game.
    [EQII] LaunchPad
  4. ARCHIVED-Old Relic Guest

I have tried your link a few times and all it does for me is open Adobe and when I accept that download the next thing that happens is the old EQ2 (only) launcher and after that updates and I hit PLAY that launcher crashes.
    The only thing that works is when I re-download the Sony (all game) launcher. After I re-download that it works fine the first time after the download but then when I rerun the game it gives me the same error I posted on the begining of this thread.
    Not sure what to do except keep re-downloading the launcher but that s.ucks and is such a waist of time.
    I hope we can figure this out.
  5. ARCHIVED-Old Relic Guest

Acutually for it to work, I must first uninstal the launcer and re-download it. Fixing and modifing it doesn't work, I need to completely remove it
  6. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Zartox@Crushbone wrote:
    The launcher I linked, EQ2 specific, is the latest and only support method of patching at this time. It is not an older method.
    Do you have any firewall or antivirus software? Make sure you disable them including Windows Firewall and restart that LaunchPad I linked above. Can't support the station launcher.
  7. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Zartox@Crushbone wrote:
    You probably need to install Adobe Flash. Go to Adobe and install the latest flash player.
    Until a few days ago I was using the original brown EQ II launcher that didn't use Flash. It was the one that had a webpage loading for the news. I downloaded the launcher that puts a desktop icon with big white S on a black background and just installed into my eq2 directory. All it did was install the launcher. The launcher now being used is the Flash-enabled launcher, still brown.