Start Visions of Vetrovia (VoV) Tradeskill Timeline with Boosted Character

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Oradim, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Oradim Well-Known Member

I recently took advantage of the Level 125 Tradeskill Boost Holiday Bundle from the Marketplace for 2 of my characters. I have applied the boost to both and have completed the Ballads of Zimara tradeskill line successfully. Both characters are now reported (correctly) as level 130 in their respective professions.

I would now like to go back and complete the Growf line to get the harvest reduction buff (after turning over goblin etc.)

It's my understanding that there are now currently two paths to seeing Growf:
    Complete The Seeds of Growf from the KA tradeskill line
    - or -
    Complete Were is the Messenger from the VoV tradeskill line

I was hoping to complete the Were is the Messenger line in order to make Growf show up to start that line. Though I do love the KA tradeskill goblins (even if I am not dead!).

However, I do not have the email from Captain Ethan Darani nor does Jerol on Isle of Mara offer me the email/quest to start the VoV tradeskill line.

I've read in the announcement posting here about Jerol possibly offering the email/quest:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/visions-of-vetrovia-tradeskills.601857/

Copying text for convenience (from Denmum's post):
    Of course that announcement post is from 2+ years ago now (as of my typing this).

I don't recall deleting email from Ethan for starting the VoV tradeskill line, but I suppose it is possible.Though in that case I had hoped that Jerol would have an email for me. Jerol did have 11 other emails for me but none are the one of concern here.

Note: I have not completed other tradeskill lines outside of the Ballads of Zimara line after boosting.

Is there a way to start the VoV tradeskill timeline with a freshly (tradeskill) boosted character having done the above?

Cheers,
    Oradim
  2. Denmum Developer

Jerol should have that quest email for you, and it is troubling that he does not. Please let me know the names of the two crafters (on AB, I presume) that are missing the email and I will do some digging for you.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Oradim Well-Known Member

Cheers, Mum.

Yep, both are on AB
    Cioleth
    Kaarbrell

Appreciate any information you may be able to dig up. Even if it shows that I did something silly!

Oh, one other thing, I just remembered and no idea if it will turn out to be relevant: I deleted characters with these names about a month ago and created new characters with the same names as I wanted to change the classes from what they were originally. Both characters had completed tradeskill and adventure signature lines up to and including Renewal of Ro. So they both previously completed the VoV tradeskill line. Could be nothing but, as I just remembered, thought I would toss that out there too.
  4. Evilary Well-Known Member

I deleted a re created a character on Test server and never got the boost. I wonder if there is some issue of renaming characters the same name as a character that was already on the account.
  5. Denmum Developer

Is it possible that the new versions of them were created during the great mail downtime snafu? Quest mail got lost into the ether during that time. I'll give Jerol a nudge after my upcoming team meeting and see if I can figure out why he doesn't want to share nicely. You may also want to double-check your quest journal to make sure you don't have it accepted and lurking already, while I do the digging on my end.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Oradim Well-Known Member

Thanks so much again.

I've checked quest journal etc. and don't have the quest already.

I'm not sure when the great mail snafu was, but I recall hearing something about it fairly recently.

Here's the creation time as reported by /played for each:
    Cioleth - Creation Time: Thu Nov 23 14:46:35 2023
    Kaarbrell - Creation Time: Thu Nov 23 15:09:54 2023

Not sure if that is US/Pacific or US/Eastern (my home timezone) or otherwise.

I purchased and used the Tradeskill boosts from the Marketplace on Dec 31 so not same time as the characters were (re)created.

My bags are stocked with the needed materials and fuels and I'm camped just in front of Jerol. So, no pressure! J/K to be clear as I know sometimes reading pixels on a screen can hide the good natured intent of appreciative jokes!
  7. Denmum Developer

Aha! Jerol was only set to deliver the mail if you were between 120 and 125 in your tradeskill collection! Bad Jerol, naughty Jerol! (Mum was a brand new dev back then and slipped on a tiny bit of code!) I'm fixing him now, and it "should" be ready for the patch on the 9th. Scurrying to get the fix in to QA now.
    Twyla and Rattophaxe like this.
  8. Oradim Well-Known Member

Aha! Sounds like mystery potentially solved! Understood around "should" etc. And be careful on that code - it can be like sliding around on the ice in Frostfell Wonderland Village. Or so I have heard.
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Oradim Well-Known Member

Following up to confirm that Jerol was friendly today and had new email with a Teal Batik Tapestry for both of my characters we've been discussing here. Representative Mairen is now eager to speak with both of them.

Thanks again Mum, much appreciated.
    Twyla and Denmum like this.
  10. Armil New Member

I am now having the same Trouble and can't seem to get him to send the mail to me so I can get access the quest as well. He isn't giving me a tapestry either. I have no way to start the VoV tradeskill timeline.