Some Quick Questions and Answers for Tarinax Beta Launch/Server

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by dreamweaver, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Neither Grandmaster research nor Familiars are on Kaladim, and Tarinax is largely a direct port of Kaladim with Factional PvP and Exiles enabled.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

You could have just said you doubt it, but don't know. Instead you have made several comments about other servers.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Actually, I did say "I doubt there will be Familiars; I don't think they were on DT or Seasonal because they weren't there at launch/early expansions," and

"Kaladim can research up to Masters. I suspect that will be the case on Tarinax, but we'll see soon enough."
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I agree that locked twinks can be a problem but only when they are strictly farming undergeared players that are just trying to level, instead of fighting other locked twinks, which isn't as often as you believe. I think a level locked community is fine, if they are all pvp'ing with and against each other for the most part.

I understand you strongly dislike level locking, you made that clear, but hating it so much that you try and pass off your opinion as fact is a bit too much. Whether it's intended or not you're making it seem like level locking was the sole reason or the major reason why pvp failed and people left. There were a multitude of reasons why seasonal failed, as well as the other pvp servers, and it wasn't because of level locked players. There were clearly far more detrimental issues causing the servers to fail.

"Griefers one shotting newbies over and over and running people off the seasonal server", "Griefers killed the server" is an absolute fallacy. I don't want new or returning players thinking that low levels is just all about getting ganked by twinks until they're griefed off the server, cause that's not the case.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Actually, it *is* the case, lol, so we're just going to have to agree to disagree on that one. There are certainly many other problems all the various PvP servers have had over the years (BGs, OP PvP stats, fast travel, guild halls, instanced dungeons, flyers/leapers etc), but OP locked griefers have always been a big one.

Again, the devs have the data mining and retention rates, not you, and for 5 years now (Deathtoll was circa 2016, then Seasonals@2019) they have made PvP XP impossible to shut off. You can slow down your leveling some as a concession by shutting off quest and mob XP, but you can't stop your XP when you're PvPing. That says it all right there.

Even the first Seasonal beta's day 1 that emptied out that beta for good happened due to an oversight where griefers were not limited in what level targets they could kill, and there were constant griefers in the L30s endlessly one-shotting newbies just zoning into the lowbie areas.

Yeah...they were fighting each other honorably, ROFL. Get real. But locked twinks themselves have made locking a non-issue, because locked twinks have killed the PvP server pop for so many years that it will not be allowed to happen anymore, much like the endless exploitation of PvP gear tokens that got PvP gear permanently shelved too. Locked twink griefers can cry all they want, that ship has sailed. Twink at cap, end of story.

If you were getting your way, the devs wouldn't have put off telling you how it's going to be. And they wouldn't have made PvP XP impossible to shut off for the last 5 years, either. ;)
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

As far as PvE goes, are we expecting the same rules and mechanics, marketplace, etc as Kaladim? @Dreamweaver
  7. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

You're overly biased, don't actually care for the overall health of a pvp server and are only worried about how you want the game to play. Just because I understand that locked pvp is a small part of the pvp community doesn't mean I'm one of them. You just can't fathom that someone understands pvp better and would take that stance.
    You can continue lying through your teeth and attempt to push your personal agenda, it's not going to change the fact that locked pvp did not kill the pvp servers.
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

How can we submit beta test feedback? I see there is a forum but no current posts.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Not meaning to spam at all, but just want to make sure everyone knows:

A possible FYI for vets who've played in previous betas who might still have old beta character files hanging around, that could be mixed in with the new Tarinax beta folder files, and might prevent you from logging into the Tarinax beta once it's up.

Right now inside my newly-downloaded Beta server folder, inside the Cache Folder, then inside the Character Folder, then finally inside of another Beta folder is my old defunct 2019 Seasonal 1 beta character folder and info still in there. That same old 2019 beta character still shows on the locked character screen when I try logging into the new beta (beta isn't up yet, I know, but I was checking just in case).

I just deleted that buried 2019 character folder just in case. This same bug happened during the old Freeport F2P server beta and people with older beta character info still in there that got mixed in with the new beta files couldn't log onto the new beta server.

I hope that won't be the case this time, but I deleted my old 2019 Naggy Seasonal beta character folder just in case.

Edited to add: Even after deleting the buried 2019 character folder, that character was still showing up on the locked login screen for me. Others had the same problem.

I just tried Ecno's solution (now Ecno no longer shows any characters, just a greyed out Create Character button as it should be), and that helped me get rid of that old 2019 beta character bug for good. Now my locked beta screen looks just like Ecno's, pic shown below. Here's his fix:

Ecno— Today at 3:56 PM
    Ok deleted everything from betaserver file except the paks, music and ui... revalidated assets and let it reinstall. Good to go with fresh setup... @This is "Actually Siren". @Dreamweaver, 200% Boss of Bord Thanks for heads up... hope others fix that issue too just in case.
    [COLOR=var(--text-link)][IMG][/COLOR]
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Raeven Well-Known Member

So what happened to the updates?
  11. earwiglockpicker New Member

Been trying to get on beta since 4pm est. :(
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

There are new Tarinax Beta forums on the main forum page if you scroll waaaaay down. Just going to check it out myself right now, so not sure how much is there, but Discord is nonstop antsy drumming of fingers on desks with little else to report.

Dreamweaver, 200% Boss of Bord — Today at 6:31 PM EST
    No ETA

Are you guys on Discord? Tarinax PvP has its own channel under TLs. Please PM Dreamweaver for an invite (even if you've been banned in the past like practically all of us have, he may let you back in).

They're hoping to have the beta server up sometime later today, but no guarantees.
    Breanna and Raeven like this.
  13. Raeven Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, Siren.

No, I am not on Discord, nor do I want to be. I don't like running chats, too much info scrolling by too fast. I like to get a static post that I can read any time, like here on forums.

Sounds to me like it is not happening today.
    Sixgauge and Siren like this.
  14. BaKKo27 New Member

oh man, I've joined discord a few days ago, and lemme tell you - you aint missing out on much. No wonder people always say they get banned etc because christttt everyone is so toxic. For a game like this you'd expect a community not be a d*ck to each other huh
    Breanna, Siren and Raeven like this.
  15. Trox New Member

To be fair I think it the same few people that are being d*cks to each other, and seems like the have a bitter riveralry going back to original PvP Server. Usually if you ask a decent question they will answer it pretty good (just be sure to read the pins first) without giving you grief; at least that is what I've seen so far.
    Peak likes this.
  16. Carynn Well-Known Member

What will be available via station cash, if anything? XP, tradeskill, crafting progress potions, etc.

Will anything be available via /claim?
    Siren likes this.