Solo illy with poor gear killed my first named^^

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-IcterusGalbula, Oct 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-IcterusGalbula Guest

I have a level 87 Illusionist with poor gear. I have been leveling quickly and not focusing on anything else. Have mostly legendary gear from named ^ mobs in open world, and apprentice spells above level 79, some master spells level 79 and below.
    I typically cannot do herioc quests.
    Today I finally killed a herioc ^^ named mob, level 83.
    I took a page out of the pvp zergers handbook and mostly just used my pet to attack the mob.
    Rooted the mob, sent in the pet, let the pet attack and used my beam spell. When my pet died I mezzed the mob and recast the pet, then repeated until the mob was dead.
    It was actually pretty simple.
    Maybe this is standard operating procedure for solo illys.
    But it just occured to me.
    Yes, I have a lot to learn about how to maximize the power of my illusionist. But killing that mob was fun and could not resist sharing.
    I should try it on a named ^^^ herioc mob now.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Good job!
    You learned to use your class more effectively by utilizing the abilities that you have.
    I applaud your effort.
    You really need to look at getting your spells beyond apprentice, even Adept is better the roots, mez, pet will be stronger, harder for the mob to resist and it will go much easier. Hell if you are on Everfrost I'll buy you 2 masters I think ya earned em.