Simply cannot decide! - Help a player decide?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Elco, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Elco Guest

Okay! I don't post very often at all in the forums! as you can see! I'm more of a reader than a writer :)
    I'm posting today to try and resolve my indecisiveness around picking a tank! I've never really played a tank role before in any game, I would really enjoy trying the role out! So I instantely think! I'll roll a guardian! the class is basically the 100% tank in the game, or so I think - Now after reading a while I start to find out, Crusaders are better tanks/damage dealers/healers all around.... and Guardians struggle at holding aggro....... I tried out the Crusader class to see if I'd enjoy it, and I never did, both SK and Pally seem too.....caster based for my type/idea of fighter
    So now I'm stuck, do I roll a Guardian, and play through and make it my class, or do I wait til' the expansion arrives, and find out what the class is like then?

on a ending note! I can't help but say I'm REALLY disappointed to find out the class that is basically designed and described as a wall of steel, and supposed to be the No1 tank compared to others, is actually worse than Crusaders, who were originally a backup tank.
    I wish Sony would stop nerfing, and build ontop of the changes.
    Endless nerfing just makes every class feel the same, it's the imbalances of a game that make it's classes diverse.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Just roll a guardian.
  3. ARCHIVED-RafaelSmith Guest

Since you don't like "caster" based then perhaps Zerker would be a good choice.
    While Zerker doesn't have the easy-mode aggro that a Crusader does they are not quite as frustrating as Guard.
    Good luck with whatever choice.......I can't even fathom trying to roll and gearup a tank class from scratch in todays game especially a Guard.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

T9 is coming; everyone will be on equal ground more or less.
  5. ARCHIVED-Maamadex Guest

How far did you try the crusaders exactly?