Shield Bash ? I'm a berserker, i don't use shields.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Draxredd, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Draxredd Guest

What a pity some of our precious skills are used for stuff like Shield bash and its various upgrades. I'm a dualwielder, so i'd largely prefer a strike taking advantage of my two blades instead of a skill sitting largely ignored in my toolbar. I even have a name for this possible attack : " SLI Strike" ( it's a nvidia sponsored game, remember ?)

Feel the power of the SLI Strike !
  2. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

not really, I use shield all the time... might not fit the image some have of berserker..but anytime doing ^^ mobs im using a shield.

BTW its only 1 skill..maybe 2 if unintended bug on 2nd

We have a ton of skills more worthy of the complaint bin IMO than this one.
    Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 12-08-2004 07:31 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

i use shield ALL the time when tanking,saves some mana for healer,and u get an upgrade for shield bash later which dont require a shield to use.
  4. ARCHIVED-Karma187 Guest

you sir are ignorant.
    use a good orange 1 handed weapon and a orange shield.
    vs 2 dual wield or a 2hded.
    now compare vs soloing group ^^ greens.
    you almost die with dual wield..with shield and 1hd you lose about 20% health only.
    what i do is have both on hand. Dual wield/2hd when with a healer...when soloing 1hd/shield.
  5. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

I have been soloing group^^ greens for the last few days using DH and crappy armor (all but one piece is blue, one is green)... I lose about 25% health if I take it casual, less if I push the issue... group^ greens puts me about 15% loss of health and group greens are effectively NO loss of health... all assuming no casters in the encounter against me... and yes, if I had a shield I would lose even less health, but it doesn't have the panache I like... nor (to my non-technical observation) does it go quite as fast...
  6. ARCHIVED-Karma187 Guest

lemme guess you're low 20s?
    high 20s group ^^ greens scale a bit differently.
  7. ARCHIVED-Draxredd Guest

I'm a barbarian berserker. Being ignorant is paramount.
  8. ARCHIVED-Grimveld Guest

There are times when a shield is called for and other times when DPS weapons are called for. Use the right tool for the job.
  9. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

If I answer your question are you going to insult me too?
  10. ARCHIVED-Spaceweed Guest

Come and solo some ^^greens in Stormhold ;)
  11. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

I am planning on hitting there again... note though I did mention "no casters" :) I know my limits..

I will prolly go visiting there again in the next couple days, since i have some quests and writs for there..
  12. ARCHIVED-Del-Kozar Guest

Does anyone know of any good quests for 1h slashing weapons? Right now at mid way to 21 im still using the 2h axe you recieve for completing the zerker quest. My healers would appreciate it =P
  13. ARCHIVED-GenesisForgoten Guest

the replacement skill you get later doesn't require a shield but has same effect.
  14. ARCHIVED-asteldian Guest

I hate the fact that shields are so 'vital'. Zerker should be 2h or dual wielding almost always, crusader should be 2hing and guardian should be sword and shield-its stupid that shield is so important that even monks use them
  15. ARCHIVED-GenesisForgoten Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

I think you're on your own here Drax. I love being able to switch to a shield if I need to.
  17. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Lol if your not using a Shield when tanking then your missing out oh 200+ AC increase ( ask healers if they notice a difference in healing ... ) For me at least i use duel wield when dps , their isnt any really fast high dmg 2H that are nice yet ( 1.8 speed and below )

Strykr Destructicus
    26 Berserker
    AB
  18. ARCHIVED-Flagen Guest

I use a shield all the time, in fact shield slam is one of my most use skills, great to have a few seconds for the healer to catch up if the mob is really tough. I also have a pair of good dual wield weapons and a good two handed sword. I'm ready for any situation, but if I am main tank the shield is always on. We are tanks before we are damage dealers, let the scouts and the mages do the damage, my job is to hold agro and not die.

Don't forget a shield can block an attack completely as well as raise your armor class a good 15-20%.
  19. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

As a berserker, your gonna be tankling most of the time. Zerkers are sub par dps while not tanking, as they cant use many abilities that will draw agro from the main tank. Shield helps alot and a zerkers primary role is to tank.
  20. ARCHIVED-Tessius Guest

I'd love to try out a good 1h/shield combo, but I can't find anything good. Can anyone in Freeport reccomend a good 1h and/or tower shield to get? Been checking the brokers regularly, but there's nothing there that's even remotely well-priced.