Server Downtime May 29th, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, May 28, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

The US EverQuest 2 Servers will come down on May 29th, 2014 at 7:00 AM Pacific Time for a hotfix. The expected downtime is approximately one hour. *Time Zone Converter

EU servers will come down beginning at 9:00 PM PT (6:00 AM CEST May 30th, 2014) for the same hotfix. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately two hours. *Time Zone Converter

Update Notes will be posted in the Game Update Notes (Live) forum once they are available.
  2. Darzh New Member

Why post EU server down times using American timezones? Fair enough you give a link to a time zone converter but honestly wouldn't it just be a lot more simple to post the EU times in BST? Thanks for the notice though :p
  3. Dark Archon Member

4. Redshift21 Member

5. Jolemai Active Member

BST is only used half the year, so that would just confuse things. This is why GMT is a pain to use because Brits more from GMT to BST in summer. CET (and in the summer CEST) is being used because, arguably, there is a larger population from west Europe than those who use EET (EEST) and so on.

Personally, it should be UTC as UTC remains constant throughout (it's also equal to GMT). Further reading.

tl;dr

The update for EU servers is 0400 UTC, 0500 BST, 0600 CEST, 0700 EEST.
    flameweaver likes this.
  6. Haloek Member

It says June so I am going to guess June 1 still not there yet:)
  7. Orionza Active Member

Awwwwwww darn it. No wonder I can't login! Excited to get back to my questline. lol
  8. Luperza Community Manager

No matter what I do, someone has an issue with it. I have the EU server downtime posted in PDT AND CEST. CEST is not an American timezone. :p

The link to the Time Zone Converter further aids others. I think I have covered all the bases. :)

I know the answer, but I can't tell you yet. :p I can say that it will be in June though! :) :)
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

I use GMT, BST, CET, and AEST (Australia) time on EQ2Wire. I didn't know CET changed to CEST during the summer. :(
  10. Jolemai Active Member

You get the time correct though, and that's the important thing :)
    Feldon likes this.
  11. Luperza Community Manager

Yeah it does. Hehe. It's similar to PDT and PST. :)