Server Consolidation Naming Polls on Tuesday, Sept. 8

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I have characters on Permafrost and Freeport so I too will be emptying my shared banks, just in case.

How many naming votes will I get; one for each server or just one per account, which seems unfair since I am on both affected servers?

BTW, I paid a ton of cash to move off Freeport about a year ago and created a new alt guild. This merger stinks for me because even if I wanted to move characters during the free move week I am stuck with two guilds (100 & 74) on the Freeport-Plus and none on any other server I might choose to move to.
    Rose and Siren like this.
  2. Loxfin New Member

Go old school with it... how about Highkeep or one of the old servers ... maybe make it so only active accounts logged in in the last 60 day that are over 10 years old can name the new servers....
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got characters on both side on Nagafen ( sorry was just to curious about what the other side was up to )
    so I will make shure to clear the shared bank just to simplify matters.
    the good news is the other servers I play on don't end up on the same server so at least I don't need to worry about that
    ( I hope )
    I will hand out a case of champagne when everything goes well and some cheesecake and crackers with melted cheese and
    macaroni and cheese and cheeseballs and and and .
    Rose, Prissetta and Rhodris like this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

buy new slots? -- oh- i forgot. this is eq2 not eq1. you have a slot for each one. why delete them? in eq1 you would have a certain number of slots on each server but here you have a certain amount of slots - period. so no, no problem. keep them all.
    Rose and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Any "extra" slots you've purchased (above 7 for US-based [or non-US-based], 7 for Test server, and 7 for non-US-based [or US-based; whichever region you're not based in]) are yours to keep. You're fine, Kiru. I have 61 characters on my Gold account, on....seven? Yeah, seven servers now (the newest being the TLE PvE server), and four Silver accounts with some more. ;->

Uwk
    leader of The Uwkian Horde (unofficial title, not a guild name :D)
    Rose and Prissetta like this.
  6. Zookeeper Active Member

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That was just CRUEL and UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT!!!
    I haven't had white cake with Buttercream Frosting in centuries. Now, I've got a raging craving. /sigh....
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You can have all my buttercream frosting! :D

Uwk
    who really, really got tired of it long ago, and is spoiled for stabilized whipped cream :)
    Rose, Prissetta and Lodrelhai like this.
  8. Solzak Member

Agreed, but its gotta be Cheesecake for me... Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake with Cherries.
  9. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Wow packing up the shared banks ain't gonna be an easy task. WTF!!
    Btw where is this poll?
    OOPS lol in game mail
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Yup! My two twin guilds are in the same boat as you. So shortly, my Nagafen guild, which launched with the server in Feb. 2006, is shortly going to reside on Freeport Next (haha) with its twin PvE guild that's only seven levels lower. I may just keep the second guild for extra storage and another guild hall, though.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

gosh this discussion has gone to the backers :p
    my biggest problem now is that than they did the Launchpad maintenance
    I was not able to log into one of my accounts anymore ( forgot the password and the e mail I used )
    I hope I can figure it all out before we get mixed together on a mixing bowl to make a new cake.
  12. Rose Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, but I did know my old password and the email. I just had to change the password. ...not sure why that happened with only one account, but it is always a good idea to keep a copy of your passwords and login information somewhere safe, just in case. With all the passwords and logins we need to keep track of now, that is the only solution, going forward. I hope you got the problem solved. ...and then, just yesterday, I could not log into the forums, submitted a petition ticket, and then this evening it finally let me in. Not sure what the login problems are arising from, but from what I have read on different forums, it seems to be on all levels ---accounts, forums and game.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Rose Well-Known Member

Okay...original reason I came to post here, when it would not let me login yesterday, was concerning the consolidation naming polls. I liked the idea of Protector Realm for our server merge, because I realized that there is a prefix title, in game, that everyone can have called "Protector". We could all be Protector (your name) on the Protector Realm. The title is now available to purchase for 5 Loyalty currency, if you don't already have it.. :)

PS...just wanted to add that I will be fine with any of the choices that win, as they are all good...just wanted to point out the Protector thing. :)
  14. Losadunai Active Member

Cleft's? 's? Cleft?

Ok ignoring the misplaced ' I am not going to be able to vote for the Rujark one. I get what the word Cleft means but I suddenlly have visions of cleft lipped orcs and that just ain't where I wanna live LOL

Thanks for the poll. Now to chew over the other two names I don't dislike and cast my precious pence.

(Yeah I know, late to the party. There's this whole, real world thing, I've been spending time in lately. The graphics aren't half bad at certain times of day!)
  15. Phyr Member

YES! Whipped Cream Icing FTW!!!! Tis the Best.
    Rose, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Juni like this.