Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 2014

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Quick! The Frostfell Elf passed out! Everyone, do the clapping resurrection (hey, it worked for Tinkerbell...)! ;->

Uwk
    /rapidly_ducking
    Glenorian likes this.
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

LOL . . . *starts clapping frantically and chanting, "I do believe, I do believe I do believe in elves!*

FROSTFELL my dear is CHTISTMAS in Norrath and it's the most wonderful time of the year! (now admit it. . you just sang that part!)
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have basically just been decorating the home with the colors and ideas suggested by my Santee. She did not specifically request a Frostfell theme, so I am adding a few Frostfell items, but the main theme of the house will not be Frostfell related. Should she decide she only wants the Frostfell decor up during the Frostfell season, she can take it down and put it back up again next year, if she chooses. :)
  4. Aislynn Member

If you really want to do something Frostfell, even though not requested by your Santee, you could always leave your Santee a book and save both a general layout and a layout with a few tasteful Frostfell decorations. You could offer to pop in and load both for your Santee, so they can save both layouts, and use whichever one suits them. Just a thought.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh, what a fantastic idea, Aislynn :)
  6. Xenie New Member

I'm getting the rooms finished first- so that no matter what, I'm done by the deadline! After the rooms are done, I'm going to go back and "decorate" for Frostfell. Basically just like you do in your real home- you just add your holiday stuff to the decor you already have in place. Nothing will really be holiday themed per se- just holiday decorations put up here and there.
  7. Xenie New Member

Great idea! I think I will do the same for my Santee. I've gone over a bit too lol but I'm having a blast :) I've also "finished" the same room about 3 times now because I keep changing my mind, so that adds to the cost. Of course if I wasn't so lazy and just MADE the items instead of buying them off the broker (because I don't want to take the time to go to the bank & get the components, then craft them) I'd probably save a ton :)
  8. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

does anyone here on Guk see red shinies from the Earring of the Solstice? I need collectibles for "Halas Blizzard grizzly trophy" please? :)
    [IMG]
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I know some people will procrastinate until the very end. This is something that the people putting this on do not want to have happen but people are human.
    I am just going to decorate according to my persons instructions and if they do not get me the things they offered to get on SC or anything else. . well they can just put it in themselves when they finally see the house.

On the other hand . . some may think that they they offered too much when they signed up and are afraid of the size of the house. In my opinion they perhaps should have said that they didn't want to decocrate . .and just wanted to get a decorated house. That's like signing up for a gift exchange and then not getting your person a gift! OUCH! There is more happines in giving than in recieving but . . . that only goes so far. When you promise something you should come through . .even if it's just ONE room.
    So I would say . . . just go by the instructions. . . maybe leave a little "present" if they didn't say anything about frostfell. something that they can choose to keep or put away if they don't want it.
  10. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

*blinks* I really should read the forums more often. I am so lost in this thread now.
  11. Aexia New Member

I can only speak for myself here, two of my guild members are afk as one is in the hospital with a terminal illness that was totally unexpected and won't likely make it through the year, (also happens to be my brother). Thus I have picked up the decorating of their homes on top of mine. I am not procrastinating, but have a scheduled amount of time to spend on each home so they are all as lovely as they deserve for the holiday.

But, I also informed Jazabelle of this as soon as I could.
  12. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

In my case, we are DIBELS testing this week and last week. I'm one of the few people at my school trained and certified to do it, so I must test students on top of my regular duties. I'm not procrastinating. I just won't see any truly free time until next week. But then, I expected that would happen, which is why I already told the hubs I would be on the computer all weekend long and for most of that week. It gives me another week to tweak things. :)

I read back and saw the mention of grottos. Jazabelle already knows this, but I have stockpiles of grotto plants and tiles as well as special event stuffs. If you still need something, let me know. If I have it, I'll get it to you. No charge, just send it back my way when grottos open again in January. (I, for one, know I will be busy with Frostfell as soon as I finish my Santee's house.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oookaayyy... (trying to parse this) So, when you're working with the layout(s) for your Santee, and you save the layout to your computer to save time/effort/etc., afterwards, if they want both layouts, you come in while they're there and they save whichever layout to their computer, then save the other that you bring up, if they like that one too? :confused:

Uwk
    tired kitteh X-P
    Glenorian and Aislynn like this.
  14. Aislynn Member

Well, if you save both layouts you can offer both layouts. The Santee would need to save the current layout under whatever name they choose (let's say "SH2014-HolidayDecor", just as an example). Then, once they had done that, you could load up the other layout, and they would save it as something different, e.g. "SH2014". That way, should they want to do so, each year they can easily put up their Frostfell decorations in that particular home with just the click of a button :)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! I've often wondered how people were "gifting" layouts to folks; now I get it! :)

Uwk
    Glenorian, Sapphirius and Aislynn like this.
  16. JesDyr Well-Known Member

You can always just email them the file .. or use any one of the many ways to share a file on the net and just send them a link
  17. Glenorian Well-Known Member

Great suggestions all, I was leaning towards just putting up a tree maybe with some stockings, but was curious what others had in mind. Also, whenver I mentioned the swap to others, I would get the response of "Well it's for Frostfell isn't it?" so I got a little paranoid that maybe I wasn't thinking Frostfelly enough :) It looks like I have the right idea and will continue on. It's been fun so far!
  18. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Pfft. Don't stress about it. I did a house last year where the owner didn't want it decked top to bottom in Frostfell, so it's really personal taste. I think that, if an owner didn't want Frostfell touches, they would say it in their book. As for me, I told my secret santa not to be afraid to festoon my house in Frostfell decorations.
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have been plugging away at the home I'm decorating, in hopes to have it done in time for Frostfell (on the 11th), as I plan to plug away at leveling my other crafting characters during Frostfell. Looks like I'll just about make it too. I made sure not to rush myself to the point of doing a tacky job as well, and I think I have succeeded in this. Even tore down a few things I didn't like and redid them, with much better results in the end. I've about finished the home and pretty much just have the Frostfell stuff to add. I'm really excited about the home and can't wait until my Santee gets to see it. Hope I can be there to see her response, too. :D
  20. Table Lamp New Member

Mindful meditations for you and your family.