Seasoned MMO player LF a Guild

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Gersh, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Gersh New Member

Already thinking about one guild that I saw a post from one of their members, but want to introduce myself either way and see who all is still out there and active. :) I'm a "seasoned" mmo player from other mmo's including, but not limited to: WoW, SWTOR, Rift, GW2, FFXIV, SWG, Aion...

I used to have time to be a hard-core raider if I wanted (though I've always enjoyed finding new players to group with and other things), but now I'm older and have to be more casual due to real-life needs. I'm a 32-year old guy and don't mind all sorts of talk, but prefer to keep it clean as much as possible. I've played all roles in games, but prefer tanking and healing rather than dps roles. Support is fine too, but most games I've played with support roles you really need to be an RP player to enjoy or have an alternate setup.

I'm just familiarizing myself with EQ2 and I hope to play the game at least until another interesting game is out, if not a lot longer. I love depth in gameplay, and that's what drew me to FFXIV before wanting to try out this game. I enjoy down times of resource gathering and crafting. What I am leaning towards currently is probably a tank role for either Guardian / Paladin / Shadowknight and supporting Armorer role. If healers are low I'll gladly go towards that - I've tried Warden at 85 and so far that seems fun.

I have noticed in my brief trial time (hour or 2 this morning) that the UI didn't seem to allow 2 hotkey bars at a time though you had to flip through many. I'm assuming something off of EQ2Interface or another download site?

Anyways - I hope to contribute more to a guild than take out from it. Hit me up with a reply if you want or let me know about your guild! I appreciate it, and hope to see you in game! Good hunting!
    Sayntlee likes this.
  2. Sayntlee Member

I just wanted to say welcome to EQ2 . I decided within a week of f2p I wanted to be a premium player of this game lol. That's odd about the hot key bars. I have three that you can access using numbers and then ctrl+ and alt + and 7 point and click bars lol.
  3. Enoibia Well-Known Member

To get all you hotbars to display, you need to right click and select hotbar settings, then uncheck "show spinner".
  4. Jolemai Active Member

Gersh, what timezone are you?
  5. Gersh New Member

I'm EST in the US, but my schedule is a bit crazy currently. My current work hours are 11:30 AM - 8:00 PM but I will either be working a second job or transferring to a new position with overtime soon...we'll see. I prefer to be a night owl. :)

And thanks all for the tips on the hotbar - I'll try to see what I can do with it soon.
  6. m_s_1 New Member