Salton the undying in "Hope reborn" quest

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by quester770, Nov 30, 2013.

1. quester770 Member

I'm on this quest and it's the last I have to do to get the hand and access to the bell at Cobalt Scar. I've already done the quest line that ends "A lethal contingency." I was under the impression that you could either do the tradeskill quest line or the adventure (mostly combat) skill line to complete it. Until now, I haven't had to do any combat. I'm only 73rd level, and I don't think I could solo Salton alone.

Well, that is assuming that the blessing you get from Osh in the High Tide quest will not be enough to allow me to solo him. I know it supposed to boost my stats, but as I was saying I'm only 73rd level, not near 98 yet.

Also, to even get that blessing I need to start the quest line beginning at "The Lost Othmir" and I see that quest series forks as well, at the second quest. You have a choice of 3 more quests, which I'm guessing they all need to be done- whatever series they start/end in. Maybe I'm not as close to ending it as I thought!
  2. quester770 Member

And finally, I have the Othmir scouting potions as well, is there any way to get more if I manage to use them all?
  3. quester770 Member

Well..........turns out the wiki is wrong. Either Salton does not appear in that quest, or I managed to avoid him without seeing him, quest is done, hand is equipped!