RoK Pre-Order box questions answered here

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Thornyblade, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Shmogg wrote:
    You got a better response then I did, i called them and spoke to Tim, he took the information and said he would email the group that handles promotions and someone would get back to me with in 72 business hours
  2. ARCHIVED-Darikin Guest

EdwardSteeleye wrote:
    I too would like to know if you get the pet (burynai). I ordered in my local EB Games store 2-3 months ago I think it was, nothing I saw or heard anything at the time said it had to be online only pre-order. I didn't see until yesterday that it was online only orders and I had no way of being able to get the order online. SOE should have made it clear from the begining and not only a matter of days before the expansion is launched and done so quietly too it seems because I never saw an announcement clarifying it was online only. I really hope they give every activation this week the burynai. SOE's marketing team needs to all be fired and hire a new team that knows what they are doing!
  3. ARCHIVED-Verlaine Guest

I preordered through gamestop as well. No key for the pet. Called them and they told me that they have never recieved a key to provide to customers from sony. [I cannot control my vocabulary] I ordered online from gamestop from a link provided by sony and they dont have the keys for the pet?
  4. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Verlaine wrote:

side point - there are some people here claiming they recieved their key on the 10th for the pet, no idea who to believe - Tim and gamestops customer support said that he would email the prommotions department at gamestop about it and to expcet a response in about 72 business hours. Not a happy camper atm with gamestop
  5. ARCHIVED-Swordmage Guest

I just spoke with the GameStop help desk. The person said that SOE changed the offer from boxed to download only last week and that I would need to contact SOE about it; they had originally expected to get a pre-order box or something to give out at launch.
  6. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Swordmage wrote:
    Sorry the gamestop "expert" is smoking something
    The DD order and the retail box order are exactly the same, the pre-oder bonus onlly applied to retail online pre-order
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=391005
    Gallenite wrote on 11/08/07
    Hi, folks - I've asked the marketing team that handles sales, downloads, retailers, and online for the simple explanation of how this works via the various means of distribution -- Hope this clears things up.

- Scott

_______

From retailers, the Burynai Seeker House Pet is only available for customers who pre-order online. There should be disclaimers on the retailers' sites. This is the only way that the retailers can manage the accounts to distribute the keys via email. The store employees should be instructed to tell people this when asked, but this doesn't always occur with in-store preorders. We try to make sure it's as clear as possible.

In short:
    • Anyone who pre-orders from a retailer online should get an email from the retailer with the upgrade item key. The game key is in the physical box.
    • If you pre-order the digital download from the station store, the preorder grant is seamless.
    • If you pre-ordered digitally through Direct2Drive, you should get two keys as well (upgrade and game).
  7. ARCHIVED-Khanon Guest

This whole problem stems from people's aversion to...reading... As far as I've seen, everywhere I've seen it, it's said "only available with the online pre-order." *shrugs* I didn't think the wording had to be any simpler...
  8. ARCHIVED-Kirianna1 Guest

Khanon wrote:
    That apparently includes YOU.. considering the FAQ stated:

Ok now for the SOE FAQ

[EQ2] Rise of Kunark Pre-Order FAQ

Rise of Kunark frequently asked questions

Q: When will I be able to order my copy of Rise of Kunark (RoK)?
    A: Pre-Orders are available now and will be taken until 11:59 on Nov. 12, 2007

Q: What is included with purchase?
    A: In addition to the new Kunark zones, this all-in-one compilation includes all previous expansions (Desert of Flames, Kingdom of Sky and Echoes of Faywder) and all the adventure packs (The Bloodline Chronicles, Splitpaw Saga and The Fallen Dynasty)

Q: If I pre-order now, will I get all the exsisting content immediately?
    A: No. you will not be charged or have access to any of the existing content being added to your account until the launch of ROK.

Q: When does ROK go live?
    A: Ruins of Kunark is scheduled to go live November 13th, 2007

Q: Are there any special items for getting a the Pre-Order?
    A: Yes, Each pre-order, (digital or retail version) will get a special Pre-Order Bonus Burynai Seeker House pet. which can be claimed once per account.

Q: Where can I order?
    A: You can pre-order from our Station Store or from Participating Retail Stores

Q: Is there a place where I can find more information on Rise of Kunark?
    A: Visit our newly updated website for more details on EverQuest II and Rise of Kunark!

Do YOU see where it states "online orders only"?

Also, the gamestop site said NOTHING about it being for online orders only until a week ago. I ordered mine more than a month ago so I would have no way of knowing anything changed.

On top of that, since there has been confusion in the past with these expansions and pre-orders, the day we pre-ordered we asked the online retailer if there was any difference at all from the DD, online, or retail pre-orders. They said no as long as you pre-ordered you got all the bonuses. That's what GM's have said as well.

Response (GM Chandrokk)

If you desire to get the house pet you will need to pre order though as this is a pre order reward. You may pre order from a retail location or direct from the station store. Either way as long as you pre order you will get the pet.
    So it's NOT a matter of having an "aversion to...reading..." it's a matter of INCORRECT INFORMATION being posted and given out all over the place. It's a matter of someone screwing up somewhere... and causing a ton of confusion.
  9. ARCHIVED-Verlaine Guest

I preordered online through gamestop. Not preodered at the store, still no pet =(
  10. ARCHIVED-DthDragon Guest

I preordered through the gamestop website also and have not received the pet either. I hope SOE fixes this soon.
  11. ARCHIVED-dragonhawke Guest

It's very frustrating to order a product, and then find that it is not as advertised.

The RoK FAQ clearly stated, at the time, that it was digital or retail orders only.

Now, I log in, set everything up, and find that this was not the case.

SoE, quite simply, you screwed up. You, as a company, need to fix this. I still have my receipt that can easily prove that I preordered this game, as I am sure many others have.

Bait and switch is still illegal in many states.

You can chalk me up to being an unhappy customer, especially after all the years I have played your games and bought your products.
  12. ARCHIVED-Darikin Guest

Kiandra, thanks for finding that! Thats what I read a while ago when I did my pre-order in store. I have my pre-order receipt, SOE better give everyone who pre-ordered online or retail the burynai pet! To go changing this, what was it, about a week before release apparently, so I've read by some is ridiculous they would do this!
  13. ARCHIVED-LoraJ Guest

I pre-ordered in store at Game Stop. At the time we were under the impression that we would be getting the pet. Should we petition or something and send the wording from the FAQ above?
  14. ARCHIVED-slubins Guest

I decided to pre-order a few weeks ago from EB Games (brick and mortar). No where (as posted above) indicated that I would NOT be able to get the Burnyai pet. Why must this be so complicated? I will be following this thread and talking to EB (who will probably shoot me over to SOE). I bought 3 copies of the game for my accounts. This is absolutely silly. However, I will let SOE work on this before I go nuclear. I would like someone from SOE to clearly make a statement on what to do if you find yourself in this situation.
    The ads do seem different, and if they are changed that is so seriously messed up. Over the last month I have purchased the Equinox mag (for beta) and did NOT get and now apparently my Burnyai house pet is in jeopardy. I have been with SOE since 1999.
    Can we clear this up???
  15. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

Khanon wrote:
    You are wrong, plain and simple.

If you note when the dev posted the info regarding the preorder: Gallenite wrote on 11/08/07

Yes, that's the 8th November, which was on Thursday, just 6 days before launch.

Up until this time all information posted (and the official webpage) said as long as you preordered you would have got the pet - SOE said, (as shown above) that preorder from a shop OR preorder the digital download, would be fine.

Then they changed the criteria!

Instead providing a very simple mechanism in place - (where the person who preorders the game simply gives the store an email address), they changed it so that no store orders would get the pet, only online preorders.

Changing the rules 6 days before launch, when the majority of people had preordered weeks ago is the issue here.

Many people don't spend their life on the forums and after reading the Kunark ordering page, most would have expected that the information given there was correct. They would have ordered, expecting to receive what they had bee promised and may not have seen the change posted elsewhere!
  16. ARCHIVED-sexieladie Guest

I just called the soe phone support and talked to the guy about not getting the burynui pet. He said that it was a a miscommunication with the marketing department but that SOE was going to fix it for the people that did preorder the retail version at the stores. I called 1-858-537-0898 option 3 option 1 option 1. And they activated it for me over the phone so I would call and make a fuss.
  17. ARCHIVED-Xelphneigh Guest

Swordmage wrote:
    AH HA!

So they changed the rules AFTER the fact that most of us had already gleefully placed out chips.. I sent feedback but come on.. Someone is NOT telling the truth here and facts of my dealings with both establishments.. GameStop has never done me wrong.. Maybe there is a first for everything, but...
  18. ARCHIVED-Xelphneigh Guest

sexieladie wrote:
    Good to hear. I have feedback sent so we'll see.

I'm glad they are stepping up as this clearly was a massive mis-communication based on the number of threads and varying response each had, many containing TSR's, GM's and the such.
  19. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Gawd I just HATE HATE HATE calling SOE. Press 1 for EQ2 support, then another 5 min. message and I'm back to another round of listening for numbers to press. I tried the 3-1-1 option that was mentioned in a few previous posts, but no luck. Hung up and dialed again, same run around on the phone with the automated voice "press this for that option". Grrr...
    I just want my house pet. I just want to play. Instead, I'm foraging roots in TT all night.
    Thanks SOE. Thanks gameSTOP. Thanks for nothing.
  20. ARCHIVED-Roux11 Guest

Gallenite wrote:
    Well thank you for the post, but thats simply not good enough. Your own posted info in the FAQ stated the preorder from the store would include the bonus pet. So how now that you told us what happened, and now that we have shown you the various pieces of misinformation provided to the purchasing public, how are you going to fix it?