Rivervale: Live Heroic Server FAQ [Discussion]

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by dreamweaver, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

Well, there is a bug with the panda right now. That could be the problem.

Another thought. Have you already used the one you're trying to use? Even after you use them, they're still purchasable, which I think is weird.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. parissa Well-Known Member

Unless it was just a bug I took one of my heroic characters to the Coliseum and talked to the ascension trainer... I was able to change to all 4 classes to gain lvl 1 on each of them and I never did the ascension line... I would try and talk to a trainer in CoV or myrist library....
  3. Alarra Well-Known Member

Doing the Chaos Descending Signature line will give you the spells.
    I'm sure they will do something similar for the upcoming expac.

Ascensions also no longer require the pre-requisite quest.
    Just hail the Ascension trainer in Myrist Library.
    Juraiya likes this.
  4. Liral Active Member

Is the token only for adventure or will it boost people on tradeskills too?
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

/comfort
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Its a nice way of saying FTP was a huge mistake to what was once a flagship game without actually admitting to the mistake, well that's how I see it anyway.
    Siren likes this.
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Pretty sure its only for adventure, anything more you have to pay for.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

You can start at level 1 if you wish.
    Jovie, Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  9. Jovie Well-Known Member

There is a lot of gnashing of teeth and foaming at the mouth on this thread. So much anger and woe.

This server, above everything else, is a chance for a fresh start for anyone who wants it. New friends, or sparking the fun with old friends. Server firsts and just a chance to have a fresh slate.

Regarding the economy, it will be fresh for a day or so, but you can count on it being destroyed because of krono and vet bags. So be it.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but i almost never use the broker system anymore because of the costs.

I can say personally that i will sell things on the broker, but i will be reasonable and sell things at costs that they should be, and not based on the gloat of plat in the game.

I will be starting my army of characters at level 1 all, because that is the game i enjoy. Give it a shot, you might too.

So many people rush to the end game, blaze through it and then are bored.
    Stop and smell the roses. Do it over and over again. The devs from the beginning to now have created a pretty great world to explore over and over.

While i was worried about leveling too fast, i remember a tip that someone taught me, which is to use the slider on the AA xp bar to lower to adventure xp. I shall be doing that.

I just hope that Rivervale will be filled with people who want to have FUN and to leave the stress of real life at the door.

So please, if this server makes you angry, stay on your home server. Don't try to ruin others fun because yours is ruined.

Enjoy and God bless :)
    Byakko, Cyrrena, Nele and 2 others like this.
  10. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

For the love of all that is holy, repeat after me: Kronos do not generate plat. They are simply a commodity that is traded between players. They just move plat around that already exists in the economy.

And plat bags are a non issue. It would take you over 13 years of playing EQ2 every single day to generate the equivalent of 1 million plat via loyalty tokens. If you think plat bags are the reason the economy is bonkers on Live...you seriously need to get a clue.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lets face it this server is created for people that had never a chance to really play the last expansions ,
    I only wished they set the jump of spot earlier I wished I could have had a chance to really play the game when the
    Destiny of Velious came out it's from around than I never had a chance to group and fully play the game , wished Fallen Gate had survived longer .
    But still always keep in mind , you don't have to use the free bauble to go straight up to 90 , you can still do it the hard way .
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The worry I see for this, is people will likely do each zone once then move on. Once you level up you're unlikely to go back more. Nobody is really going to raid the lower stuff unless they purposely choose to lock themselves at a tier, as going to a solo zone 5 levels higher will be better loot.

Personally I think it would have been fun if they'd introduced the server at TSO/SF, live XP rates, and unlocked an expac every 1 month until live. 6 months down the line it's a live server, but everyone gets a month on the later expacs. No major catch up for new players either as live XP.

But my suspicion is itemisation from DoV -> CD is probably pretty borked, and they don't want to spend time on them. Hence all the TLE servers die around DoV time, and this ones going straight to endgame.
  13. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I can tell you that the excitement of Destiny of Velious is on all of our minds here on Kaladim, (Not all, but a lot). The server population is incredible right now and it is so easy to find groups at level. The population base is great for Kaladim and I can tell you that we are really sinking our teeth into the content, especially Claymore. These are long quests that most people never did because they were irrelevant. For example, why do Godking on kaladim right now, it's last expansion, so even new players now will never experience the horror of the Peacock line :).
    I really think Kaladim was the answer. There are about 2 of the hundred people in our guild checking out the new server, everyone else is staying on Kaladim. These are great ideas by DGB and I love Holly's answer to why the new server was created. Test it out and see what community comes out of it.
  14. Jovie Well-Known Member

You are an angry elf. I've not given the amount of thought into the economy but keep hearing it spouted over and over, so i went with it. I guess i also heard there was a duping issue some time back, but i have no memory of it.

Regardless, the economy will be broken in quick order, guaranteed. That is ok with me. I tend to not buy things on it anymore. But i like to offer things to others at decent rates.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

P E A C O C K :eek::eek::eek: the horror Naneeje yea I only do that once every server . and even if I wanted to do that one again , you need a raid at the end .
    I already suggested we get a TLE server that goes up every month like on EQ1 or a TLE server that begins at DoV.
    but you still can start at level 0 if that's what you want to do
    In my guild there are some people who level up toons the hard way calling them self hard core wtch means they can't revive themselves or bet suplies from others besides from other hard core players and other rules .
    That would be something I recomend to people who are bored the last month or 2 of each expansion.
    Nele, Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

said mountbatten.

problem is in a fresh start from 0 economy it don't take a million plat to start the inflation cycle. a 1000 plat is enough to start the spiral because once you have a thoughtless heavy hitter buying anything at any price .. the prices only go up from there..
    in an economy that's balanced or at least cash poor .. if you over price it don't sell so you scale it back but with plat bags in the hands of every 'I want it now!' player there is no scaling it back ,put it up for too high a price .. and it sells anyhow.
    the next player setting up a sale wants their 'fair' share of the plat being thrown around and you get inflation that settles in stratosphere .
    It's why I questioned the no transfers .. but you get all your /claim's, which I'm surmising includes loyalty tokens.. so unless the plat bags are removed from the rivervale merchants list . there's no point in disallowing transfers. or they could always stipulate that transfers are character only .
  17. parissa Well-Known Member

Are the gear up events gonna be on rivervale too? well i guess starting at the 4th week? and the double loot for Chaos Descending?
  18. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Everyone on the server will be earning loyalty tokens, and I doubt there are thousands of people out there with thousands of tokens saved up, just waiting for the opportunity to dump them all into a new server. Yes, inflation will be potentially higher than without the plat bags, but with things like infusion acting as plat sinks, I think people are seriously exaggerating the long-term effect it will have. It seems like a lot of hullabaloo over nothing.

Prices will reflect what people are willing to pay. Sure, if Rockefeller comes along and decides to buy a bunch of overpriced tat simply because he can, that's cool and all, but that doesn't mean said prices will "stick", just because one guy was an idiot and decided to pay through the nose at some point in the past. The market will react based upon supply and demand.
    Juraiya likes this.
  19. Jovie Well-Known Member

Between my four accounts i have about 1000 loyalty points, but i am honest in saying that i only use those to support my personal guild hall costs.
    I used to pay for shinys to complete collections, but damn the prices are always insane. So i just pull up my pants and go find them myself!
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  20. Vunder Well-Known Member

The thought of coming back and doing all the idiotic grinding these last couple xpacs have forced me to do makes me not want to come back.

Epic 2.0 I could do that, not a big deal. But the ascension and spells and infusions. nope.
    Rhodris and Mizgamer62 like this.