RIP my old kitty Patches, real life and in game.

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Tenchigirl15, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

thank you. gona make one right now. :) I'm almost done her grave so I'll probably post pictures later on today. ;)
  2. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

Patches's grave and memorial garden

name: Justinalynn

server: Freeport

my house is still unfinished but you all welcome to visit to see her grave in my finished back yard. ;)

[IMG]

her custom tomb stone I made by 2 grave markers, and the reason why I choose a pink rose because her collar and tags is pink.

[IMG]

used a notebook for her engraved name on her tombstone.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I put 2 sympathy poem cards from Aggy and Shamus9, thanks you guys so much for the poems. it mean's so much for me((hugs))

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

view my back yard (just the inside of the house is unfinished)

[IMG]

Justinalynn miss's her much as I do.

[IMG]

here's her real life memorial garden for her and all my inlaw's pets that passed away. we planted flower seeds that look's like her coloring a couple weeks ago and their sprouting out nicely. my mother in law gave me a cat solar light for her grave and it really makes a glow around her flowers.

[IMG]
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nice job! :~-)

Uwk
    Tenchigirl15 likes this.
  4. Dexella Associate Producer

So sorry to hear about the loss of Patches. :( I think you've done a wonderful job creating an in-game memorial to her.

~Dexella
    Tenchigirl15 likes this.
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about Patches. I am so crying my eyes out right now. I love the memorial you created in your house. I am a huge animal lover (almost became a vet but I am highly allergic to some animals). I have two cats currently and they are getting up there in age too but not sure exactly how old they are since we adopted them. I have had tons of pets over the years including a bunch of ferrets. Ferrets tend to get all kinds of cancers. I found that my ferrets would get so depressed if one of the ferrets was no longer around. I realize this wont help you with Jasmine but maybe this might help other pet parents out there. When one of my ferrets died, I brought the ferret home to be buried in the yard. For some reason I decided to let the other ferrets look and touch the ferret that had passed away. I wasn't sure how I felt about it until later I realized they were not all depressed like previous loses. Them being able to "say goodbye" gave them some closure. I live in a townhouse now so cannot bury my babies but I know that I will bring the brother in to the vet to say goodbye when that sad day comes (not to be in room when it happens just to have vet bring my baby back into waiting room so his brother and I can say goodbye). Since I have done this I have heard a few stories of this helping other pets cope with the lose of their special buddies.

May our loves ones always warm our hearts and minds when we think of all the wonderful times spent together.

Rinah
  6. Rawl Well-Known Member

Every being who comes into our life experience is here to help us love and live life more fully. The physical form we and they take falls away after a time, but the spirit endures. Those who have made a heart felt connection with us remain with us long after their physical form fades away. Know that you are always together, and will be more fully together again and again throughout all of eternity. Peace! Love! Happiness! (Love never dies, it just changes forms.)
  7. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

thanks Uwk ((hug)) :)

thanks Dexella, it was hard to let her go but we all knew it was her time. ((hug))

I just had to make her memorial since I had her in the game as "a Stray alley cat". I'm keeping her in my Guk server house since it's already been published, but the house I'm remodeling in Freeport server it's going to be just in-game Jasmine this time.

thanks Rinah ((hug)) tho we did thought about Jasmine seeing Patches after we buried her but my husband was to upset to think about that before we put her in the ground that night. in that morning we showed Jasmine her grave but she was little confused on where Patches was. she smell's her scent but end up looking for her. next time whenever our pets pass away in the future, I'll do the same thing. ;)

thanks Rawl, that's very beautiful. :') ((hug)) you type that yourself?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  8. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

thanks CityKitty, ((hug)) I'm sorry for your loss as well. it is hard. :( I totally agree about with some people don't understand at all when it comes to a loss of a pet. including when my mother in law's dog passed away a few years ago, my husband's grandmother known as her mother in law told her "animals don't have souls" to her face and her grief hit her hard after she told her that. I told her "I believe they do have souls because how would they be alive if they don'thave one?" she felt a lot better afterwords.

thanks Kattt (hug)

thanks Margaret (hug) it is hard to let her go, but we knew it was her time. :(

thanks Ladymist ((hug)) I just read that link. that poor kitty. :( tho that banner just gave me the idea. ;)

thank's Kisy ((hug)) I know she's in my heart forever now. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

thanks Finora ((hug)) 18 years was a long time for her. I wish pets can stay longer with you. :(

thanks Afista ((hug))

thanks Karrane ((hug))

thanks pumancat ((hug)) she was my little mosaic kitty. ;)

sorry I didn't reply you earlier but I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's Patches. I know he's up there playing with my Patches in heaven. ((hug))

here's my short sympathy poem to you that my animal hospital gave me a sympathy card when my Patches passed.

"with sympathy"

"The joy your friend added to your life will remain in your heart forever"

hope that helps. :)
  10. Rawl Well-Known Member

Yes I did :)
  11. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

I really like it. thank you for putting such nice words to the post. can I copy and paste it as a card and put it on her grave in my new halas house? I wanna treasure that forever. ((hug))
  12. Cyliena Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of your loss.. as a cat mommy it breaks my heart, but it sounds like Patches lived a very long and wonderful life.

My brother lost his dog back in December and shared this poem:

*hugs*
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

sorry I didn't reply you earlier but I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's Patches. I know he's up there playing with my Patches in heaven. ((hug))

here's my short sympathy poem to you that my animal hospital gave me a sympathy card when my Patches passed.

"with sympathy"

"The joy your friend added to your life will remain in your heart forever"

hope that helps. :)

Thanks, Cyliena and Tenchi! Those both helped, and the longer excerpt definitely made me go for the Kleenex. :~)

And in vengeance's sake for that:

http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/kipling/dinah_in_heaven.html

http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/kipling/his_apologies.html

Both way too long to repeat in entirety here, but necessary to read all. Whatever else people may think of Kipling, he could definitely get 'em on the page. ;->

Uwk
    Tenchigirl15 and Cyliena like this.
  14. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

thanks Cyliena ((hug)) it's very beautiful. I'm gona copy and paste it as another card and put it on her grave if you don't mind. ;)

your welcome ((hug)) both of his poams are beautiful. dethenly love Dinah in heaven one. it's got a powerful meaning to it. ;)
  15. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I don't mind, it's not my work anyway. :)
    Tenchigirl15 likes this.
  16. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

thanks Rawl snd Cyliena again for the beautiful poems. I will treasure them forever. :) ((hugs)) and Orarinah I just added yours as a card if you don't mind also. ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Margaret and Cyliena like this.