Returning player, needs information on combat mechanics

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Brindal, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Brindal New Member

SO I am a returning player who hasn't played in a few years and I am completely out of touch with the game/combat mechanics. Does anyone know where I can get a breakdown on how the combat mechanics now work.

For example:-

1. DPS/Haste/Flurry - Are there caps on any of these
    2. AE Autoattack - Is there any point in having more than 100%
    3. Multiattack - Is there a cap on this?
    4. What is strikethrough?
    5. How does block work?
    6. Is there a cap on ability reuse?
    7. Is there a casting speed cap?
    8. What is accuracy and how does that work?

I am playing a zerker and need to know where to focus my attention in terms of stats. Are 6 sec delay weapons the way to go or should I be duel wielding (tanking heroics and soloing).

There seems to be very little easily accessible information on the mechanics and I feel like I am playing blind. Can anyone help me out here.
  2. Brindal New Member

Just found the wiki, which has helped a lot but any comments would be appreciated, specifically about how to spec a zerker.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

4. Malchore Active Member

I have an alt zerker, and I had the same questions as you Brindal.

Some of your questions are addressed (though not completely answered) here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/help-tweaking-zerk-stats-adorns.546285/

I can answer a few.
    2) Zerkers (assuming you have completed the Epic Repercussions quest) automatically get 100% AE Auto as part of their epic. And no, you don't need more than 100. A lot of tank gear will have AE Auto on it. The good news is that it reforges nicely into other stats (like Hate Gain or DPS.)

4) Your target has DEFENSE abilities, and like you it can Block or Parry your attack. Strikethrough allows you to ignore a Block or Parry and get in a successful attack anyway. The cap is 100.

6) and 7). Casting and Reuse speed caps at 100 each. I keep my Reuse speed as close to 85 as I can. Casting speed I don't worry about too much. I keep it at 30-something. I use temporary adornments on my weapons to make up for the missing 15%. AAs can make up for Casting Speed. Gear can increase your Reuse speed.