Researched BoZ furnitures need to be researched again?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cusashorn, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I just finished research and earned the discovery for the Yazdani Vanquisher off the BoZ tradeskill researcher. I'm happy from this, but I immediately noticed that if I want to obtain a 2nd one, I will need to spend another 8 days to research it-- 8 more days to research a furniture item that I have already researched.

Shouldn't these things be moved over to the status merchant or some other merchant to buy at will?
    Stormkat, Kattt, Aggy and 3 others like this.
  2. Evilary Well-Known Member

But then you wouldn't have content. This gives you content for longer.
    Lateana likes this.
  3. Kattt Well-Known Member

I too would like to know the answer to this. Researching a single item over and over is a way too much. If getting a "fix" takes a little time, I could be okay with that. But keeping it this way would not be good, to say the least. Hoping we get an answer on this.
  4. Denmum Developer

This was answered in a different thread. Here is the response/reasoning:

5. Kiche New Member

Except there is no "unlock" to then buy the item in quantity... its 8 days per single item... 8 days to unlock would be manageable but if I have to wait 8 days for each if i want 4 or 5 of something, then I'll pass thanks. The currency system was/is far more preferred in this instance... it didn't take me 8 days per item to get currency to buy something, or if it did, at least it felt engaging... this is just needless waiting for nothing of benefit.
    Kattt, Quiarrah, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  6. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Eight days to make a vase or a shelf is insane, no thank you!

You know, the more I look at the current state of the game, the more I beleive that developers have lost any sence of reality, inspiration and such. The game is meant to be fun, The year of Darkpaw is meant to be a celebration, instead we have a boring, dull grind with layers of RNG on top of layers fo RNG. And I do not mean crafting alone.
    Kattt, Tkia, Quiarrah and 2 others like this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Four days with the daily TS.

Give a development team the ability to make the game they want and they will. Most of the time gating and forcing methods to continue to engage the playerbase with daily mundane stuff is the business being conducted higher up.

No development team ever wants to make a game not fun.
    Tkia, Twyla and Breanna like this.
  8. Denmum Developer

We ARE taking your feedback into account for future content. It is, however, here to stay for this expansion.

This type of research was an expansion feature that was used for many types of research. It works better for some types of items than for others, and it doesn't have the features in it that are being request for things like furniture. :(
  9. Ndiar Active Member

Do the Bivouac TS quest in AW and you will get a research reducer. I think it is 24 hours every time you complete the quest if I recall.
  10. Denmum Developer

Yes. It is also a source of Year of Darkpaw Doubloons, and now mastercrafted mount patterns as well.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Skarltar Member

i really hate this kind of gating. It isn't fun as someone has said and would rather more engaging content that takes time rather than just a timer. It feels very much like a mobile game mechanic and honestly wished EQ2 would steer clear of this kind of mechanic. If the business is concerned about keeping players through out the expansion lifetime, I think it would be better to have streaks for sub lengths that offer some content or quests. Kind of like the old loyalty claimables. To me this makes more sense than massive time gates to draw content out. Maybe do more things with faction grinds? I never had an issue with those. Especially when you unlock quests and items as you increase your faction tier. Just my little bit of feedback.
    Twyla and Kattt like this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

With that given I would think there would be 2 possible solutions:
    1. Don't use that system for rurniture at all.
    2. Have the research be for a permanent recipe scroll instead of a single item. I could handle 8 days to research a recipe if I could then make as many as I like when I like of the item. This would make it similar to the blue coin carpenter recipe system in Cobalt Scar.
    Twyla, Cusashorn and Kattt like this.