Requests

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Puckbone, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Puckbone Member

Greetings!

Where does one go on these forums to submit requests/suggestions for in game mechanics? I know there are many things people consider to be of higher priority than the things I am about to suggest, but I think all people will benefit from these--whether soloer or raider--regardless.

One thing I would like to see is a clear button on any and all search windows. Everything from crafting to broker to tracking. It's a little thing, but everyone who uses any of these will benefit. So much nicer to hit the clear button rather than have to backspace to the beginning of the search window just to clear it before inputting the next search.

The search engine for the in game map should be like the search engine for the broker. The in game map will only show you exact matches for places you type into the search window. It should respond like the broker window (and crafting) so it displays everything that matches the partial type entries. Again, everyone who uses the in game map will benefit. (actually, I think the map I use is the add-on app I (and most people) use, but the request still stands)

I am a casual player (albeit All-Access). I understand that class balance and gear drops and zone updates are of great concern, but the suggestions I put forth would help everyone just the same.

Thanks for your time. 8o)

Puckbone
  2. Aivet Well-Known Member

You can do this by going into options (the shortcut is Alt+o, or select it from the EQII menu). Click on "User Interface" on the left, then "Map Window". There is an option labelled "Match Word Fragments". If you can't see this option, click the button labelled "Advanced" in the top right corner of the window. It works for both the standard map and the EQ2Map addon.
    Rhyashaa likes this.
  3. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

For Feedback, in game, use "/feedback" (without quotes).

The feedback was tied in with the /bug function and it might seem a bit confusing at first because the available options are limited on trying to place an idea into a particular category. If it is something not covered in the drop menu, the header/title can be used to generalize the idea and then the body can be used to fill in whatever details are needed to best describe it. Constructive ideas, from what I understand, are always welcome through feedback.

As far as the game's default map goes, I use the default ui and refer to the default game map constantly and it is quite robust and does not require exact matches. For example, I can type in "G" (without the quotes) and everything from general goods to greater faydark shows up in a drop down menu which I can then select whichever item I am interested in to find it's location. This list can vary, depending on where I am.

I can also click on the "Find" button and it will locate areas of interest in the area that I am in. Once again, a drop menu displays and I can click on whichever item I am looking for or may find of interest and it will flash on the map.

The in game map is really useful for finding things and is better than asking a guard. It is a great improvement over the old map or the requirement to hail a guard to find something.

Also, in a current zone, if I click on the button with the zone's name, a drop down menu displays and will show in greater detail areas of interest if additional in-game maps are available.

Points of interest (POI) can be added by the player. So if a player NOT using EQ2 maps stumbles across a scrap of paper in the middle of the Commanlands, hidden under a rock, the spot can be marked so that in the future, the place is easier to find.
  4. Puckbone Member

Thank you AiVet! It makes sense that there would be a way to search with fragmented text. It makes a nice (better) difference.

I'm still waiting for the CLEAR button, though...8o)

(Also, thanks Sandyfoot, I will use /feedback for this)
  5. Rhyashaa Member

There is a clear button on my windows. But I use DrumsUI so maybe it was added by it. On the tracking window if I hover my cursor in the typing area there's an X I can click that will clear the text. On the broker there is an actual "Clear" button. I believe my crafting window is the same as my tracking window with the X clearing any text I've entered.

I did not know about the Map option Aivet mentions. Thanks! I'm going to go do that as that was also an irritation for me.