Remove broker restrictions

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by FuRiouSOne, Mar 12, 2024.

1. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Please put the broker back the way it was with no plat listing/buying limit. The limitation has done nothing to help the economy but has only made the economy more annoying. Give us our free market back, thanks.

Remove ability to sell krono on broker would be fine too.

What you can do to try and fix the economy is fix the duping exploits which are still in game somehow and introduce more plat sink options such as money sink items, higher repair bills for raid gear by tier, infusion similar system, fast travel fee, reduce 100% commission free broker boxes to 90%.

People selling $31 20 pack bundle crates for 1 krono tells me duping is still rampant.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Kronos can be sold in broker .. just with limit 50.000.000 ;)

I'm sure platin explids still exist, otherwise paying 5-7 B platin for Kronos would not be possible.

But even with reopening broker (which will not happen soon) has the problem of maximum database limit (and this was 4B platin)
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

They were saying they could turn off the ability to sell Krono on broker. Never said you couldn't currently.

Database limit of 4 billion? It could be turned up but that would probably be fine as a limit versus 50 million.

This one does not make sense to me. The bundle pack isn't bought with plat is it? I don't see how something that has a 30 dollar value is being sold for something that has a 20 dollar value. Each side of this transaction is a real life purchase at some point. I know you can buy Krono for plat from another player but if you're purchasing a 30 dollar bundle pack, shouldn't you be able to just buy the Krono directly and save 10 dollars?
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The broker plat limit should be lower. Much lower. 7 million.
    Tkia, Twyla and MikeBob2023 like this.
  5. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Then you would see much less items on broker with our current economy
    Forestchild likes this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

You genuinely want collection pieces to be sold for 4 Trillion-with-a-T platinum? Because that's how everything will be priced. As long as people will be greedy, they will continue to raise the price on everything and make it prohibitively expensive to anyone who hasn't just put down a 2nd mortgage on buying kronos for a non-fungible currency that they will never actually own.
    AOE1, Tkia and Twyla like this.
  7. Cyna New Member

Games doin fine leave it the way it is, rather see server mergers more than anything concerning messing up the broker "again"
  8. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

supply and demand, If a collection piece is worth 4t then someone will buy it, if not it will just fall off or the person will lower to reasonable price.
  9. Evilary Well-Known Member

When you put a limit on a currency, you really just mess up the whole system if no other fix is put in. You want to make item A a super duper rare recipe and sell on the broker. It takes materials B-F. Material B, C, and F all cost the max. There goes your potential to make this item and sell on the broker since you already would be selling at a loss due to the cap.

Yes, some people are going to put items up on the broker for the max price, not matter what the max price is. This is not a reason to lower, raise, or leave the max price alone. You don't want to pay 4 trillion plat for a shiny, you don't have to buy it just because someone lists it ya know.
  10. Kenn Well-Known Member

If they could fix the dupping, but to do it, they have to wipe the plat to zero. Would you vote yes?
    Raeven and Geroblue like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Pretend inflation is a silly thing to do.

I've seen items that drop off under level 12 mobs in Antonoica go for thousands of plat. They should go for 1 to 5 gold pieces.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My opinion is players who do that should be perma-banned from any game anywhere.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

People should be perma-banned from all games for selling stuff in na game at market value? lol ok
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

10k plat for a 2 gp item isn't market value. Its just pixels on a screen, not actual historical armor.

edit: Okay, one million plat maximum
    MikeBob2023 likes this.
  15. Okeechobee New Member

Market value is what people are willing to pay. Whether you can stomach it or not.
    Dude likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I survived a hurricane at sea. I have plenty of stomach.

I cannot see any justification for a Mitigation five, or even a Mitigation twenty item going on the broker for more that a few gold.

But if folks want to move platinum around, create your all's own chat channel, password it, and post things like 'I need a trillion platinum ! send tell to.'.

Nobody needs to involve the rest of us.
    Twyla likes this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

No worries. Please DM me when you post these so that I can sell them for what they're actually worth. You get what you want and I get what I want. Win, win, right?
  18. Evilary Well-Known Member

I don't see what surviving a hurricane has to do with this at all but ok...

I want to buy item A off the broker, cheapest selling point is 5 plat. I have item B which is just as rare as item A. Short of sending the person a tell or mail to offer a trade the best option is to sell item B for 5 plat and then buy item A.

Another way to look at it is I spend half my play time running dungeons, receive vendor junk worth 150 plat. If I did that in 1 hour, my worth could be considered 150 plat per hour. Why would I sell something that I worked hard to get for a mere handful of gold when I can get a handful of plat from doing my regular content?

Yet another way to look at it. Bob, Sam, Steve, Legoloslol, Bob2, etc can all go get the item. They don't want to waste their time. I decide to sell the item for 50 million plat, they buy it. It was worth the 50 million plat to them to not waste their time.

This was a free market system until they put a limit on the price you could sell items for. Free market system, you base it on what someone is willing to pay. If they don't think it is worth the price, they will not purchase it. Easy peasy, so simple anyone can do it.
    SolarFaire and Dude like this.
  19. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

So bring back our free market!
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I've never had large amounts of plat, so that point is moot.

Up thread someone said I had no stomach for something. I pointed out they are mistaken.
    MikeBob2023 likes this.