Ranger Updates

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Lockeye, Mar 3, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-klepp Guest

any news on the issues we've had is good news. But this really doesnt sound too profound to me? Dont get me wrong, any increase will be most welcome. But we went back 55% to go forward 5%? I mean, you can keep the root (that probably wont effect heroics) if ya give back thorny trap and devitalizing arrow on the move. Oh, and how about making stream shot useful again? I guess we can kiss our proc's goodbye so thats fine, but shouldnt multiple arrow consuming CA's have a shot at proccing per shot? Im happy something is getting bumped, but they nerf'd alot more than they are fixing it sounds to me. Of course he just could have came across as more subtle regarding whats being changed..
  2. ARCHIVED-Dirtgirl Guest

If you look at how rarely the Devs reply to posts by clicing on the red Development link up top, you will understand why we can appreciate hearing anything at all, and especially to see it actually posted on our board as opposed to some out of the mainstream thread. Sure, we would rather not have been broken in the first place, and it would have been nice if SOE had thought far enough ahead to see this was gonna happen....but just be glad youre not a chanter. They havnt been right since LU13.
  3. ARCHIVED-mactell Guest

We have 2 summon abilities, one summons a stack(15 at app1, 35 at adept1,60? at master1) and has a 15 minute reuse timer. The other ability is a melee combat art that summons 1 arrow at all levels of difficulty. The skills are both upgraded periodically to summon current tier arrows, but the biggest issue is that the way we recieve the updates, you get out of date arrows through most of 40's and 50's. Also, all of our summoned arrows are no-trade no-value.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bithnar Guest

Unfortunately no, our summoned line is messed up at lvl 47 I can only summon lvl 30 arrows at lvl 48 I can summon lvl 40 arrows and not sure what lvl the lvl 62 spell summons. The arrows are already no trade, no value. I can only summon 65 arrows every 15 (or 10 cant remember) mins and thats using a Master II spell. Adept I's only summon 30.
  5. ARCHIVED-Demlar Guest

Thank you very much Lockeye. It's great to get some dev feedback and know that the honest effort rangers have been putting in through feedbacks and posts on these boards showing we needed some work have been heard. Thank you for working on things to bring Rangers back to where we should be.
  6. ARCHIVED-GoGuard Guest

What remains to be seen from the changes coming is whether or not this puts up back up to tier 1 DPS. It is nice to see that our concerns are being addressed.

With that being said, I hope SOE continues to monitor and improve the class if this proves not to be enough to put us where we should be in the DPS tiers.

Swampsong Danger'Toad
    51 Ranger
    Lucan D'Lere
  7. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

My interpretation is that this is a much needed proposal to help fix soloing, (primarily).
  8. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

Not kissing anyone ****. We told the devs we are broke and asked that they look at finding a way to fix us. We also asked that they address the issue in these here Ranger forums. Both of which are being done. I personnally feel it's bad form to spit in the face of someone who is doing what you asked them to do.
    I'm showing my appreciation for addressing our issues like we asked. I got over EQ1 a long time ago. By the way, for those so excited about jumping to Vanguard when it's released... Many of the old EQ1 devs are now doing developement for Vanguard.
  9. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

Thank you guys so much for this. These sound like they should help a lot with where we were hurting. And thank you, Lockeye, for communicating this to us. I can't express how much it's appreciated.
    *dances*
  10. ARCHIVED-defect9 Guest

Thank you so much. I'm not a ranger, never played one (yet), though have grouped with one or two, and am glad to see things being brought back into balance.

-Hey my name is Jared, too
  11. ARCHIVED-DataOutlaw Guest

Um... how will this apply to PvP? Will the lunge root in PvP also? I would *love* to be able to nail down a fleeing freetard coward by mahsing Lunge when they first turn tail to give me time to finish them off or apply a Snare so my groupmates have a better chance at finishing them off before they can sprint away. *wink*
  12. ARCHIVED-Laiane Guest

Thank you, Jared, for taking the time to communicate with us.

I'm excited. I want to go kill stuff now....

When will this update be hitting the live servers?
  13. ARCHIVED-Masterage Guest

As an Assassin, and loyal servant of Freeport......

I'm glad to see these changes :smileyhappy:

Go Ranger! Go!
  14. ARCHIVED-jackalpire Guest

Thats awesome great job. Can you now do this for all the classes that are having problems? thanks.
  15. ARCHIVED-godfetish2 Guest

I love hearing that we are going to get a little loving in return. One question though, will we be able to respec? I assume that the changes could be class altering in a way and may affect our past choices...pretty easy choice for me between a root master 2, hidden shot or leg shot...

Please let us /respec!

Root 4 teh win!
  16. ARCHIVED-deaks Guest

Consider compensating for the inherently higher miss rate of ranged auto-attack as well (recently talked about by Moorgard, see below).

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=combat&message.id=96626#M96626
  17. ARCHIVED-KudLenka Guest

I LUV U! :)

i mean, this is great! Not only that we are getting a nice new root which is lovely abd the overall dmg should go up as well. I enjoy the fact that you ae communicating maybe even more. Its always nice to see some dev feedback to played feedback.

Now i only wonder if anything will be done about multiple target solo encounters as those are common and present majority of instanced zones mobs. At lvl 28 i have only one multitarget ranged combat art and no way to effectively deal with multiple enemies in close combat. I can manage blues sometimes but yellow groups of four in splitpaw are literally killing me so i wonder if its design flaw or if i am just lame.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ghartan Guest

Grats to the Rangers ...

... I just wish they would address Illusionist issues as fast as they address Ranger issues (going on 4 months now since the last real comment on Illusionists).:smileysad:
  19. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

No worries Xen, you are at the level where Rangers really start becoming Rangers. As you level, you'll start receiving more/better ranged skills which will surpass your melee skills by a large amount. I think it was around lvls 28-30 that I actually started feeling like a Ranger. Up until lvl 28 we are basically nothing more than better looking, yet much less effective, Assassins.:smileytongue:
    No offense to our predator friends from the other side.:smileyhappy:
  20. ARCHIVED-S'ilk Guest

I am wondering they said they was increasing Damage rating 33% but what about attack rating while using bow will that still be way low?