Rain in every zone

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Vordreth, May 10, 2013.

1. Vordreth Member

Earlier today, I logged into my character in the Withered Lands, and it happened to be raining at the time. I used my call to home, and after zoning to Gorowyn, I noticed that the rain came with me. At first I thought it to be a simple glitch and shrugged it off, but after traveling around a bit, I found it to be raining in every zone, indoor or out, it didn't matter. If I camp to character select, it even rains there.

I tried one of my other characters, and everything was normal, but as soon as I logged back into my main again, there was the rain. I've done two file scans, restarted the game multiple times, restarted my PC, and nothing seems to work. I'm at the point where I feel the only option is a re-install, but I wanted to ask around here first to see if anyone has had this issue, or that perhaps someone knows of a file I can delete and download again that might fix it.

Any help will be much appreciated.
  2. Vordreth Member

Well, even a complete re-install of the game didn't resolve this, so I can only assume that it's somehow flagged on my character from SOE's end, if that's even possible. I even tried touring the Storm Tower Isle and turning it off from there, with no luck.

I could really use some help with this. Rain tends to bog my outdated pc down, so it is making the game borderline unplayable in some zones.

EDIT: After doing some searching, I found this thread on the old forums. http://archive.eq2wire.com/showthread.php?t=522920 It would seem that this person was never provided with a solution, which is discouraging.
  3. Vordreth Member

Solution found. As it turns out, it was quest-related. Apparently a quest started the rain, but as it's always raining off and on in Withered Lands, I thought nothing of it and logged out shortly afterward. Upon logging in, I ported out instead of questing, and the rain followed, leading me to suspect a glitch. It might be a good idea to adjust this quest so that it only rains in the Withered Lands when running, and not in every single zone of the game, including homes.
    Feldon likes this.
  4. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Vordeth thanks for looking into this. I will make sure I add this to my report and make sure that, if it is a bugged quest, it gets correct. Thanks again!
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

I would love to see more varied weather effects in game... hm I think that may be a decent post.
  6. Vordreth Member

The quest itself isn't bugged, I'm pretty sure, though I did submit a /bug report prior to figuring it out. The rain in every zone is more likely an oversight than an actual flaw. The story started with one of the sifaye down in the swamp area, and was related to the dragons altering the weather. The goal was to acquire a device from the giants in the ruins in order to stop the rain. The device shuts off the rain, followed by a dragon shouting at you and turning it back on again, though thankfully not permanently the second time. Had I paid more attention when I got the quest, and completed it then, I likely would never have encountered any issues. It was only because I left the zone during the middle of the quest that it had any impact on me whatsoever.

It was actually pretty interesting being able to see it rain in zones that have never seen a drop of rain before, which makes me wonder why we don't have weather in all outdoor zones.
  7. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Yea that's an interesting idea (about outdoor weather). I'll report the bug and will definitely make sure it's escalated . Thanks again!