Question for Guilds

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Celestia, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

This isn't a recruit me thing or anything.

I have a question. So when you go inactive from the game for a little bit (like me) is it okay to stay in the guild until you are active again?

Like for those of you who are actually in raiding/grouping/interactive guilds?

I ask this, because when I was younger and playing actively I was in a guild that kicked me out because I was gone for...about a 6 month period or something like that. They did this spring cleaning type thing where if you weren't active, you got kicked after so much time.

Because of this, when I join a new guild now, and I did before I went on this "sabbatical" from the game, I feel weird just leaving my character in there. It's like I know someone might say something, so I feel like I should leave just to save them the trouble? If that makes sense.

It's like...you feel bad for leaving but you expect they're going to kick you anyway so you feel bad for staying too.

Has this happened to anyone else? Are we allowed to stay in the guild if we go on break?
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

It's completely different for every guild. Ii know guilds that boot you if you're gone for any time, guilds that won't kick you if you let them know you're going to be away, guilds that are filled with people that haven't logged in for years, and just about any other combination you can think of.
    Twyla, Breanna and Celestia like this.
  3. Bluhr Member

I recently petitioned for leadership in my guild because no leader had logged in for over three years. When I took over, I didn't kick any members out, but I demoted them to a rank called AFK (Away From Keyboard). This limits their access to some guild services so if someone picks up their accounts, they can't cause mischief. Otherwise there's no reason I have to clean out the ranks of guild members. I understand why some active guilds might do it though, and I've had the same happen to me in the past. It's just a preference of guild leadership.
    Twyla and Celestia like this.
  4. Twyla Well-Known Member

The only guild members I've kicked out (except for one that was a mean and foul-mouthed individual) have been two that due to physical illness (stroke and brain cancer) told me they can no longer even use a computer. I have one that I am watching, my dearest friend who introduced me to this game, she is going blind so I will probably be kicking her out when she tells me she has lost all vision.
    Celestia likes this.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your answers. :D