Question about Zerker Aggro

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Ahlana, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

I know nothing about zerkers. But we have aquired two in our guild as of recent and they are providing a "DPS" role in the group.
    We are a family/casual guild so two zerkers while not the optimal group setup, does give us more dps than the 3 or 4 people we usually do DoV dungeons with lol.
    But I have run into a problem as a tank, and that is even with better gear and spells and going defensive while still doing 2-3x more DPS than either zerker, somehow I keep losing aggro to them. I have checked their buffs and there was one I asked them to remove but while that did help some, I still seem to lose it to them from time to time.
    Parser shows me with the most amount of threat going out and I am not losing aggro to the Brig that does 4x more damage than them and twice as much as me... so what gives?
    Is there another buff they have that I need to have them take off? Am I doomed to losing aggro to zerkers? Is the sky blue?
  2. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

make sure they're not being idiotic and using snaps like sneering assault or cry of the warrior which have damage components associated with them solely for that additional damage.
    plenty of mobs also have memwipes, which is better to wipe onto another tank than a dead DPS so..

but i suspect they're being dumb and hitting insolence, SA or CotW. which will instantly yank aggro but only for a second or 2, insolence is our only decent snap, even SA's force target does not seem to actually work for us over other tank aggro tools. i have tested it in PQs and it only holds aggro for about 1 second then peels off again to another tank(don't get me started on the amount of broken tools in this game).
  3. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Lyger@Permafrost wrote:
    I will check the parses for the snaps. Having them take off a buff Aggressive Defense (or something like that) seemed to help.
    These aren't memwipe mobs though. But I will definently check for the snaps.
  4. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

also check to see if they have any scouts dumping hate on them, or a dirge buffing them up as a tank(hate buffs).