Producer's Letter -- Looking Ahead!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Windstalker, Sep 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-marsbeautyqueen Guest

NICE!
    A new expansion in only 2 months!
    We have 2 screen shots to show how awesome it is!
    No beta?
    Lots of rehash of old zones?
    I thought DoV was a crazy grab for money.... OH! someone said it was free content... um sorry, no.
    Who knows, maybe EQ2 can rise up to the top someday? Maybe if you're not in a raid or standing in SS or all-server bgs, you will start coming across an entire zone w/ more than 30 /cough10, players. We can only hope.
  2. ARCHIVED-Halo of G4 Guest

Rehashed zones isn't new with EQ2. It's been this way since it came out in 04. Kingdom Of Sky was a large rehash *refer to previous post*
  3. ARCHIVED-njade Guest

Quote from other topic, but I think it suits better here :)
    Vinyard@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yeah, it was the same with Sentinel's Fate. Lots of my friends who had already left game, came back and bought that x-pac only becuase Kiara did such a wonderfull job with previews and she got us all (players) so hyped about it.
    Right now we have 2 months untill new x-pac and we've seen only 2 screenshots... Rift x-pac is going to be realeased in the same time as CoE and they have already plenty of trailers, zone infos and articles from which we can see that it looks really good.
    I wish Community Manager and Producer were a bit more involved and showed some initiative that they care and want to get players back... And we still have that Fansite Roundtable forum, which is completly forgotten by EQ2 team, we don't have zone tours anymore as we used to have and not to mention links to fansites on everquest2.com should be updated.
    So please give us more screenshots and info about incoming zones, mobs, events and battles we are going to face soon. I wouldn't mind to see CoE trailer as well
  4. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Kinya@Splitpaw wrote:
    My work here is done. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-marsbeautyqueen Guest

Interesting to read the original post by Holly, I read a lot of... we're working on this, devoloping that. In other words a lot of stuff that doesn't appear to be finished yet from her comments, and with 2 months to release... and not even notes out to anyone on beta invite try-outs?
    Rift gave us a hit, Sotr another, GWII...? I know for the last 2 weeks I've not even been compelled to log in because of the later of these. I know i'm not alone because our entire family went the same way.
    I saw the news on the release of "information" for this xpac, but its dismal and dissapointing at this point. I'd rather run around in an MMO where every area i go to I'm w/ people doing stuff, besides just being around a ton of people, the world itself also seems to move. And when I'm saying people, I mean even in the oddest spots, full raid size, non-forced, non-punished groups+ on an overflow instance.
    Best part is its just plain fun. Saddly after 9 years of eq2 i had lost that feeling couple years ago and it only has gotten worse. I will miss my friends I made along the way, the game took a weird turn imo. Which is really sad because it has so many really awesome features you won't find anywhere. The only thing lacking is fun - social involvement outside of raids and a moving, breathing world.
    I never even intended to "move on", it was a gift for my bday, what an eye opener...
  6. ARCHIVED-marsbeautyqueen Guest

Did I miss something or is half of the original post gone? Just saying...
  7. ARCHIVED-Citadelli Guest

Unless I'm going crazy yes....? Gah i hope not. /scared
  8. ARCHIVED-inspire1444568 Guest

Developers should play duo each healer subclasses in a couple heal\tank or heal\scout or... maybe heal\mage in heroic areas of this addon
    .and think
  9. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

theriatis wrote:
    Since my original reply was deleted, I'm giving this another go, and will try to be "constructive" this time:
    I would save your vacation days. Traditionally, every time new content is put in, the servers tend to go up and down a lot for about a week.
    CONSTRUCTIVE PART BELOW:
    To prevent this from happening in the future, SoE could give the content at least a month of testing, depending on how much content is being added to the game. This would give them enough time to go through all the /feedback and /bug reports so that the content could be released with as few problems as possible.
    They seem to be doing this with the new expansion. Testing is up on Beta server (I think). If people would like to help, you can copy your character over by doing /beta copy, and chosing the Beta server from the dropdown menu on the launcher.
  10. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Raienya wrote:
    It's Sept 18 and we're over 2 months away from the expac yet. I guess there will be a Beta signup and NDA like in past years (based on Abby's post)?
  11. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Can you possibly link the post you are referring to? I tried to do a search for posts from Abby, and came up empty.
  12. ARCHIVED-Uwkete-of-Crushbone Guest

Xelrek wrote:
    That would be cool! I've got at least one character that would love it. :)
    Not sure about new content for those of us below level 90, though...just sayin'. :-(
    Uwk
  13. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Raienya wrote:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521240