Producer's Letter: Happy Holidays and more!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I fail to see why this is taking anything away from a gold acct, as though it was something only gold accts got and so only we would be affected. The Goblin Games have been available to everyone, with everyone getting free tickets every month. Yes, gold accts were getting more tickets a month, but this change is still across the board and hits everyone. They're not just taking it away from golds.

Meanwhile, items are being added to the Loyalty Merchants for gold players only. So it seems they are, in fact, adding more perks to being a gold member.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Avahlynn and Tariya like this.
  3. Spindle Well-Known Member

Thanks Feldon! Great summary. Really helps the shopping list.
  4. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Actually all accounts, only difference is gold got 3 tickets and F2P got 1
  5. Circadian Member

Not seeing more benefits...if anything less.
  6. Foxblade New Member

I hope they add pridewing to the vet reward merchant since you need goblin tickets to get it , would be nice =)
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I want to see more expansion items. So much of what went on the vendor today was world event items, which we were never told about. I'm very disappointed and feel misled. I picked up a month of gold expecting to see items like the paintings from Desert of Flames and they're not there. I then see the titles I picked up from world events are there. Any that I actually earned are now meaningless. What's the point of this anyway?! Most of the people that even look at these probably won't even know what they're associated with. I want them off the vendor and I want to see the rest of the expansion items on there (CEs included).
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I like a lot of the stuff added to the loyalty merchant, thank you! Particularly the griffon tower - I happened to be out of town the weekend of that event and by the time I got home it was over. Titles don't interest me (though I see how some who earned them could be upset they're for sale too), but the house items are great!

Only thing that made me sad - no baby dragons! Yes, I know there are some on the marketplace, but those do not have the color range/combinations of the original baby dragons, and they have those horns on top that I'm not a big fan of. Please consider adding them to the merchant too? Please?
  9. Sucuri Active Member

Took a break from the game for a bit, came back to see the gambling goblin thing gone. Was there ever an official statement as to why it was being removed? Did they ever put the pridewing somewhere else in the game to obtain it? I swore I seen someone in game on a black version of this thing, they took off before I could ask about it. Where did that come from, was I seeing things?! I know this is an older post, but some answers would be kinda nice here.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

As far as I know, the Pridewing has never been made available through another means like the Marketplace. There's never been an official explanation for why the Goblin Games were shut down but word around the watercooler was that it may have come close to some states' legal definition of gambling. Equally likely is there weren't enough tickets being bought to justify its continued existence.
  11. Csipi Active Member

What you saw was Alberich the Wise. It's a mount that you buy from the city status vendors. It costs a mere paltry 300 million status and 2100 plat.

There is a small chance that you can get the mount from the random status item pouch sold for 32,500 status and 1p.

Also you should know its a no trade mount so if you do try to get one make sure its on a character you actually use.
  12. Sucuri Active Member

Thanks Feldon and Csipi :)

I guessed as much on the goblin thing, kinda a bummer the original pridewing was never added elsewhere on the marketplace, or in game. I had gone through a good 5000 tickets trying to get that thing..... ><

I have like 50k plat, that isn't an issue, but wow on the 300 mill SP cost o_O