Prestige houses: your favorites?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Odeletta, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Odeletta New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm back from a very long break from EQ2 (2011/early Velious to be exact), returning 95% to enjoy the housing features again. I have quite a bit of SC for some reason, and am looking to invest in another prestige home to build up again. (I have the Tenebrous Isle home that was a work in progress when I left, but I feel I need to reaquaint myself with the house editor before i go back to it :) ).

I've taken a tour of the many prestige homes, and am having difficulty picking one to start with again. My little Arasai is so tiny in those big homes it becomes a bit daunting. But after re-familiarizing myself with the Homeshow posts I'm reminded that you can turn everything into anything.

So what are your favorite prestige homes, and why? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
  2. Morg Well-Known Member

After having most of the older prestige homes, I have found a new love for the city housing haha.
    Ok, while that is true, The vale of halfpint delight is just the right size for the smaller races, while still offering open land that you can build on if you want to increase the size of your abode.
    I also love that it has day/night sunrise and sunset instead of full on Noon time bright like the Tenebrous Isle does.

Galleon of dreams, is glitchy for some things, but I really enjoy it. Maybe it's the inner pirate in me coming out.

I love my thurgadin home, I had a tiny village in there, then took it down. I will be re-making it with homes for my arasai and ratonga sized characters as well as a little larger for my half elf characters. I love the waterfall area! so beautiful and relaxing!
    I have seriously thought of ditching all my homes and having all my characters live in thurgadin, but then, where would I store all my stuff??!!

With the NEW pitch and roll coming into game this month, you might not need the editor. Unless you will need it to line up tiles. I eyeball mine hehe.
    Anyway, that's my 2c worth of what and why :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Odeletta New Member

Oo, building an arasai sized village sounds like fun. I remember seeing something like that in pictures of a Felwithe mansion. Would just have to pick the right home to build one in. I do like the Halfling vale too, and maybe it has potential :D
  4. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Favourite house -- Tenebrous Tangle island. It was gifted to me by some anonymous super-nice player, and I loved the pure potential it had to build ANYTHING my ickle ratty heart desired. I don't feel constrained by pre-made walls or boundaries, and I was able to be super creative without sweating an item count. It also was open without feeling overwhelming.

Least favourite house -- Felwithe Mansion or Opera House, it's a tie. The Felwithe Mansion was one that I stepped into, and I was so overwhelmed that I drew a complete blank on what to build. It's a nightmare for me to work with. The opera house I loved the idea of, but while the other houses are squared up, this one is on a wonky diagonal, so moving things with notepad is a horror show. I used to hate the Everfrost Summer Home until I embraced it and build a love chapel.
  5. Brujita Member

Well I really like a lot of them, but my favorite is the Felwithe and the TT Island.
  6. Odeletta New Member

I think I'll buy the Vale for starters, and maybe a small apartment for practice. Just wish I could tell how many houses I have now ...
  7. Galldora Well-Known Member

My favorite place, to be sure, is the Tenebrous Isle. I like the Storm Tower Isle too, if only we were able to ditch the tower. I'd love to see more housing sites that do not have readymade structures.
  8. pumancat Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm only enjoying the Halfpint island at this time. Believe it or not, I have it set up as a home for my human, and is quite cozy. I don't post pics or anything, cause it's fairly simplstic. Anyway, that's it, I don't like any of the other monstrous sized or cramped prestiege homes.
  9. Afista Well-Known Member

For a normal sized house, I love the floorplan to the Uncanny Estate. The walls/floors can be a bit touchy to work with, but it's a nice size home that's not too overwhelming. But, my absolute favorite place is the Vale of Halfpint Delight. I'm not so crazy about how tiny the halfling hole is, but the island itself is beautiful and just overall a great atmosphere.

Welcome back to the game!
  10. Shamus9 Active Member

I am new to EQ2 & having a blast discovering everything including housing! I purchased the AoD CE, which includes the Lavastorm Prestige Home for each character on my account. I put trees & flowers (garden stuff) all over the lower level & furniture upstairs. I love the tall but cozy feel of it.

Then, I discovered that I could tour houses & promptly fell completely in love with the Vale of Haflings. On a summer night in my real life home, I hear tree frogs, crickets, whippoorwhills & owls, (howling coyotes as well) from twilight to just before dawn. All of my life, I have spent as much time as possible outdoors- I am decidedly a country mouse!

Touring the Vale feels just like coming home. It is my favorite place of all. If there were cabins in the woods available, I would probably long for one of those too, but for now, I am saving up for a Vale for each of my characters!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I love the idea of "bare land plots," and even the big houses...the main issue I have there is actually how to fill the place. When we only had 1 house, my main place with Uwk got so full I couldn't even get into it these days, but I broke down and used my rent-free New Halas Magical Manor (from LoN) and 7-year veteran reward, the Mistmoore Estate. Grabbed the portal for it, plunked it into the NHMM, and told my old house to move all its stuff to there. Nowadays, I know I can "wall off" areas I don't need/want to decorate (when I first saw the Mistmoore place, it was very daunting), so although it's serving almost as a warehouse now, I can see it holding my Nights of the Dead stuff in one room/wing and Frostfell in another. But what to do with the rest of the house, now, that's an issue, since the middle areas will be so empty... :-/

Oh, and I broke down and got the Hua Mein place, too...mainly for the "real" water, and farmland possibility. Or I could just leave it as is and relax there. ;->

Having probably over 800 to nearly 900 house items in house vaults, bank storage, etc. back in the old days was a quandary about where to put them all; nowadays, I'll need to expand to fit the space(s). Uwk's a wee bit generic (though I have ideas for an armorsmith's bachelor pad...). :-/

For other characters, some sort of came with "pre-loaded" themes; the Provisioners, for instance (one of mine is setting up a series of themed restaurants and other eateries; she's on Test, where we got 4 prestige models to test for virtually free...another Provie is focusing on his personal kitchen, storage place, and organic greenhouse in New Halas). While it may be a massive pain in the ... neck to grind levels on it, you gotta admit they get the BEST house items in the game! ;->

Other characters I'd deliberately made for a distinct fictional purpose: there's a "bat-winged" Arasai male that I deliberately set up to betray from Shadowknight to Paladin, working on his "Bat Cave" in Kelethin (how big do those Coins of Winning get when you scale them up?); a male Erudite Fury who looks an awful lot like Abe Sapien from Hellboy; and a bunch of stuff for another alt on Splitpaw that would work for depicting the Jimmy Buffet song, "Beach House on the Moon." Which meant, of course, I just HAD to get the Personal Planetarium...and one of these days, I'm gonna get him enough t-port pads to break-out past the invisible wall to the moon. :)

Uwk
  12. grlnxtdr Active Member

I am Currently working on a Gorowyn 6 room (LoN reward), a Hua mein retreat, a Vale of Halfpint Delight, and my second TT Island. I Also have a court of the Masters, an Uncanny, and a Research Sanctum that I have not started on yet. You can Check out my Completed TT island on Guk Server under Hall of Fame (Welcome to the Jungle), as well as The Wedding Chapel, also under Hall of Fame. The Wedding Chapel is a New Halas 6 room (LoN Reward) that was a Joint Effort of myself and two other Decorators on our Server as a Gift for our Wonderfull Guides, who got Married in Game and are engaged in RL. By Far, my Favorites are the TT Island and the Hua Mein Retrest.
  13. Alanducar Active Member

I am not sure if i have a particular favorite perse but i really love open area plots that give the oppertunity to come up with some really creative homes and areas. That being said i am sure there are a few prestige homes that fit this category as most often they have a selection of homes that are open and available for personal interpretations of what the players feel are their ideal homes. Now if only they implement the ability to own more than 1 house of each type into game soon i can get started on other creative outlets on the flat surface/bare prestige homes. :)
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I solved that "restriction" by having a ton of alts...I figure you can place portals to other alts' places, but be careful there; I've heard there are problems sometimes with that. :-/

Uwk
  15. Alanducar Active Member

Yeah i heard about that as well, i am perfectly fine with just having one home act as the main hub of my decorating activity on any prestige home i own across my 11 characters. But it would be nice if i didn't have to make more just to have an open space to work with every time.