Pre order for Shadow Odyssey w/ bear mounts and pets???

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Elquinjena, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Kirstie Guest

Mynervia@Guk wrote:
    They were for sale in some areas of the station store for a short period of time. But the expansion only digital download at the same price as the all-in-one pack was eventually removed because it was pretty confusing as several people have said.
    As a totally irrelevant bit of trivia, most of our expansions (except RoK) are still available as single digital download purchases from the Station Launcher.
    - K
  2. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

Kirstie wrote:
    Last year Europeans could get the digital download, and receive the pre-order bonus, without any trouble, and without any expense other than the normal price and a small bank charge for the foreign exchange. If Global Collect is involved this time, does that mean non-Americans will be ripped off with the expansion cost in the same way as every month with our subscriptions?
  3. ARCHIVED-Glaucus Guest

Kirstie wrote:
    Ive been unable to find anything further on this bolded point above. On the fan faire cloak, mine also is listed as "One Per Charecter, 1 Total". Ive seen other posts with discussions about this but no word from anyone other then you Kirstie, can you please follow up on that and let us know? Many of us play on multiple servers and would love to be able to claim on all charecters rather then just the one. Thanks for looking into that for us all!

Glaucus
  4. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Daysy wrote:
    You know you can change how you pay based on which ever way gives you the best exchange rate. You can pay in US dollars and have your bank convert it for a fee, or you can pay via Global Collect and pay at the inflated exchange rate which is how GC makes thier money.
  5. ARCHIVED-Syndic Guest

kela wrote:
    You'd think so but no international customers can now only pay in their own currency which is using the worst case scenario currency exchange rates so we pay an extra $4USD a month than US players (in some cases), expansion purchase would be much worse than this. Sony likes to bleed people dry whenever they can I guess.
  6. ARCHIVED-Llew ap Dwr Guest

You'd think so but no international customers can now only pay in their own currency which is using the worst case scenario currency exchange rates so we pay an extra $4USD a month than US players (in some cases), expansion purchase would be much worse than this. Sony likes to bleed people dry whenever they can I guess.
    mind you the US dollar aint what it was....
  7. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

shadowgate wrote:
    I'm angry about that as well. I have to pay for 2 day shipping and there's a Gamestop 15 minutes from my house
  8. ARCHIVED-Zenithan Guest

Does the preorder from the station have the pet/mount?
  9. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Alondnar@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    From a Redname post earlier in this thread.

Kirstie wrote:
    Sence the Digital Download refures to the one from the station store, and the "Retail Box" refures to games bought from a third party(like gamestop). That means that no you will not get the Dire Bear mount as your item... You will however get an item(based on another dev post), they just are not ready to release what it is.
  10. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

kela wrote:
    how can they do that considering 95% of pc games selling stores wont have it at launch day?
    sorry, but mmorgps are competitive by definition and with eq2 soe's digital download is the only way to make sure that you actually get it on launch day.
    rememeber rok? in the us shops only had a few copies and sold out... in the uk the only retail chain for games only got a handful of copies for the whole country which they refused to sell on launch day. amazon failed to deliver preordered copies for several weeks.
    Soe really should make it fair and have the preorder dd be identical to the retail one.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zenithan Guest

That really shocks me since with the living legacy promotion they encourage you to preorder through SoE to get that cloak and discount. So they ask you to do it through them but give people who buy it in the store a reward? Seems backwards.
  12. ARCHIVED-DragonMaster2385 Guest

They encourage retail sales to make their vendors happy . . . plain and simple. And Alondnar, I think your signature is very unappreciative of the situation. Only the Animations have multi core support. They haven't upgraded the engine in three years, so I imagine they are doing one system at a time. I just hope they keep the developement coming!
  13. ARCHIVED-Chaly Guest

Retail sales? Not in my neck of the woods, and that's with about 15 game stores less than 20 minutes away. I might, if I'm lucky, find a very dusty copy of PoF buried in a corner.
  14. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

I live nowhere near ANY game store, or anything more than a gas station for example!
    On occasions when I have ventured to where the stores are located (RoK as one example) there was no Everquest ANYTHING, not the original, not EQ2, nothing.
    So if I pre-order from some internet retail giant imaginary store I pay shipping and get a mount? Or if I pre-order from the comfort of my own home via DD I get a code but no bear mount?
    I wish y'all would be a little more consistent with regards to who gets what when and how cause frankly it's confusing and last time was pretty screwed up.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zarador Guest

Bloodfang@Nagafen wrote:
    Know that feeling, we live in the NY Metro area and still wind up buying 3 out of the 5 copies we need off the DD. You know what would be great? Having the same rewards available to everyone as a choice when your entering the CD Code or signing up for the DD.

I for one am tired of spending 1/2 a day driving from store to store and either discovering that they sold out the two copies they had or having to explain why I don't wish to purchase "Game X" instead since they no longer sell Everquest.
  16. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Personally I find the whole thing very insulting!

Sony, please, these are the same companies which buy the "bare minimum" of stock, do NOT inform their staff correctly about the promotions, and who regularly turn away potential Sony customers by telling them "nobody plays everquest anymore", which EVEN IF they are referring to EQ1 not EQ2 is still a load of rubbish as EQ1 has more active subscribers!!

And you are going to reward these companies by making them the only suppliers of certain pre-order items. Effectively thwapping* your loyal playerbase as we have no hope of ever getting our hands on an actual box.

Cancel the printing presses! Stop the production run! Instead tell the game resellers that you are launching a new product called "The Massive Collection", this "new" product allows the purchaser 1 month access to all of SoE's MMO games. As this is a "new" product (i.e. they won't recognise that it's a repackage of EQ2, EQ1, SWG etc) they may be inclined to purchase more than the bare minimum numbers.

In the meanwhile the rest of us can download the expansion complete with whatever/all pre-order items you had lined up.

But please! for pitys sake, stop forcing us to hunt down rare copies of the expansion in the shops. This only ensures that your production run gets nowhere near potential new players. Seriously! what is the point of letting the shops make a quick buck as the middle man in selling TSO to existing customers?? Because THAT is what will happen as potential new players will either not notice the game hiding in the bargain bucket section, or will be pressured into buying (or preordering, what a concept!) the next WoW expansion!

I honestly dispair at SoE Marketing!!!!!

*insert favourite phrase here
  17. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Killerbee3000 wrote:
    One last thing... SoE is giving people who buy from the station store an in-game item. It just won't be the Dire Bear, it will be something else... and in some cases that "something else" was better, though I can't see how this time.
  18. ARCHIVED-Llew ap Dwr Guest

Word Magnamundian! Couldn't have put it better.
    at the moment I won't bother to check any of the game stores, no promotion by soe so whats the point?
    by the 13th gormless expression from a sales advisor in a 'game'/ 'gamestation' store i start to lose the will to live or certainly to shop for SOE product.
    I use steam regularly so DD is a fine option for me, but what about promotion in store -cost vs actual customer takeout is a probable calculation.
    SOE aren't short of a bob or two and with a run up to christmas the could splash a bit of cash in store with the retail outlets to get a few displays of their catalogue (an all in one of all soe mmorpgs would be a great idea imo)
    It's just a shame really isn't it.
    And Great Britian often feels forgotten.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zenithan Guest

Diknak@Butcherblock wrote:
    o_O until the next LU (that isn't even live yet) that IS how Eq2 handles dual cores. And yes they've not upgraded it in years, guess who's fault that is. the other MMO's have, SoE has chosen to add new buggy content over engine cleanups everytime. In some cases Eq2 performance to date is actually worse on dual cores. Sorry you don't like the truth, go check out the tech support forums and see the people complaining about dual core issues. It's not like dual cores are new, every new pc has been shipping with them for what a year now? Look at the thread about what bugs people most, Dual core support was at the top, BY A LOT.
    Anyway moving back to the thread...
  20. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

Diknak@Butcherblock wrote:
    Sorry, but how does soe encourage retail sales if you can walk into a pc games selling store and they wont know what eq2 is and much less actually have it?