Please Stop Kicking Us From The Server For Being Inactive

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

My main interest in playing EQ2 is decorating. To that end, I often have two or more characters going at once so I have all the furniture I want available while I decorate. Even with using the house vault and furniture shelves, on the broker, I generally run out of room on one character to hold all the stuff I need--especially for a very large house.

But if I get wrapped up in what I'm doing, and forget to move the helper once in awhile, the character gets kicked from the server and I have to log it back in. That is tedious and time consuming, especially lately when it might take 5 tries to log in.

If a character isn't in an area where it can fight, it shouldn't matter whether the character regularly moves around or not. My subscription should allow me access to the game as much and as long as I want without having to move characters to keep them from being kicked to character select or desktop.
  2. Treggar Active Member

Just auto-run it into a corner.
  3. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

At least it isn't as bad as SWtoR. When I played that game during a hiatus from this one, I would often have to spend time rearrange stuff in my and my guild's bank vaults. Not even a second background character, but the one I was "actively" playing. If I forget to just take one step left or right, after a couple minutes, insta kick despite literally clicking and moving inventory constantly. So very annoying.

But I am not sure I'm in agreement about making changes to insta kicks on secondary background accounts that are inactive. It might be inconvenient, but if you are not alt-tabbing frequent enough, then it is difficult to justify not camping that character.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Tkia and Twyla like this.
  4. Ayodi Active Member

Inert logins apply drag to the game. No one likes getting booted, including when We get booted zoning or fighting because a couple hundred players are logged in and inactive. With 88 slot bags in the game, and furniture stacking, it is difficult to image you requiring 2 accounts to decorate. Jus sayn.

-The Ayodi
  5. Ladislava Active Member

If you need extra storage space for furniture create a dungeon. They hold up to 2k items and the Housing organizer can search them if you save the file like you would a house.
  6. Riverbear Active Member

House zones can be a challenge :)
    Take a look @ Halls of Fate (at hall of fame) Blubba's Party Barge - pre furniture stacks construction - sometime!
    More than a few active player hours went into that one :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ayodi like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

At least /camping to character select, but yeah, I know the feeling. :-/

Kicking a newly made Hordeling up to like level 22-23 from 4-5 (that's if I do the "ooh, help us!" quests first) simply by turning in a lot of collection quests from my main toon's Collectible Depot on that server results in an inundation of new stuff in the hotbars, which always takes time to wrestle down. One of the reasons why I still linger around the collection quest turn-in NPC out and about. And don't even get me started on the Carpies I've used my "free" CE max-level Tokens on (hey, devs: why no more Tradeskill max-level Tokens until the "Friends and Family Plan" [which means, probably, that we can't use 'em, but our giftees can]? was that an oops, or a deliberate slur on crafters [or did someone get their shorts in a knot because some of us used them to deliberately bypass the Hell on Earth that is PoP?]?)... ;->

Though I do love Treggar's solution; hadn't thought of that! :)

Uwk
    who also spends lots of minutes dealing with stuff in the House Item depot... ;->
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Have The Powers improved their track record with dungeon storage getting mucked up whenever there's a server merge? :-/

Though it can be /saved, like any other house file...still disquieting, the old horror stories... :eek:

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Pre furniture stacks construction?! OMG! :eek:

Yeah; imho, that was one of the best things they did for decorators, was making things stack. :)

Uwk
    who hopes they'll do that for multiples of identical Appearance items someday... X-P
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'd also heard that it may have been instigated due to botting fears, back in the old days? :-/

Uwk