Please fix the random game crashes when zoning, and otherwise.

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Juravael, Jan 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Onuron Guest

UnderToad wrote:
    Been using full version myself for past 2 years, and i am having the random drops to character select and waiting on zone server...so i dont think its the streaming client, honestly. I think its something on their side that they fudged up when they released Freeport revamp thats when this all started.
  2. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I have never used the streaming client.
  3. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Game has run fine for days. Until today.
    I have encountered the unrecoverable error twice today when zoning and the game had to be shut down.
    I really don't know why I even bother posting here anymore. Nothing seems to be being done about these issues. I canceled my account over the weekend and used the half price sale to fund it for a few months for a fraction of the cost. I imagine after that runs out I will probably just let it lapse, it is just too frustrating to deal with anymore.
  4. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Game crashed again.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.
    <verify> g:\live\eq2\game\client\inc\Vivox.inl (206):
    0 = = m_iFiringEvents
    004eb258 7666339a
  5. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Game encountered an unrecoverable error again and must shut down.
    This time while flying across Antonica to meet a guild member.
    I've petitioned and sent in my dxdiag and msinfo as asked by TSR MattG a while ago, I've posted my dxdiag here on 4/24/12 as asked by TSR JoshuaM. I have not heard a word from either of you.
    I am still waiting.
  6. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

If you have not read the entire thread then you are probably not aware.. there are a multitude of issues, from a lot of people. I have petitioned as asked by MattG a while back and heard nothing in response. I also posted my dxdiag here as asked by JoshuaM last month.
  8. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I have which is why a ticket is a good idea so that each person can get the assistance that they need and there is a log of communication :)
    If you have new information, perhaps you can update your ticket as well.
  9. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Game kicked me out to the character select screen twice so far today. Both times when logging in, my character gets into the game and I can move for a bit and see chat scrolling then *poof* I get kicked back to character select for no apparent reason.
    I did file a petition as well as suggested by SOE-MOD-02.
  10. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

We are doing the Training is a Shield HQ for guildies and zoning multiple times to do the six trials and on the 5th trial I get stuck waiting for the zone server. The other guildies did not, only me. They informed me via voice chat that my character logged out even though I was clearly still in game and chatting with them.
    I had to press Exit to log out and I am about to log back in.
    I submitted another petition as well.
  11. ARCHIVED-alaplayer Guest

I got booted to character select while crafting a Totem of the Draconic Oracle from the new TS assistants.
    1 Wurm Tongue fairly hard to come by, 300 plat plus cost on broker, 2 Drake Fangs and 3 Maligonian Horns which are kinda easy in comparison to the Wurm Tongue, I was able to get back in immediately, minus the ingredients listed above. Weeks worth of farming for a rather insignifigant clicky item to use is special situations.
    I filed a petition and was told "NO" referred to http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/ans...tail/a_id/16214 I requested an escalation of it so will just have to wait it out.
    I don't think the failure on that recipe is behaving properly to begin with, but it would take an act of God to get a red name to acknowledge whether it is or isn't in that thread. I pay a monthly fee and then I get punished because they have issues. Hopefully the GM that read my initial message saw 'failed combine' and ran with the thought that _I_ failed it not that it was a connection issue that caused it to fail.
  12. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

The GM response to my 1st petition was not much better. I won't post the entire response because I know that is not allowed ...
    "Have you tried clearing your cache recently? Here is a helpful knowledge base article on how to do so: http://help.station.sony.com/app/an...5/kw/cache/p/20. That is about all I can suggest as in game CS."
    That doesn't help me at all since this was already suggested in this very thread by the TSR and I have cleared my cache folders many times.
    Now I am waiting on my 2nd petition to see what they say about me getting stuck waiting for the zone server. Needless to say I am not very happy.
  13. ARCHIVED-alaplayer Guest

You can actually post a GM response, you just have to censor their name and it can't be used as a post to attack the GM's as a whole. The message was friendly enough I just don't think they read it clearly and gave a canned response, it happens, has happened to me and some in my guild more than once. If you are not happy with a response there are measures for that.

Pretty unforgiving there, especially if the problem can be attributed to their servers. I know the trial you are talking about done it many times, did it when it was fresh content, and quite difficult, used to get kicked out of raid zones and there was no persistant instances at that time and couldn't get help there, so I might get nothing here either but there is a big difference in the loss.
  14. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I started this topic back in January after suffering repeated game issues after GU61 and the Freeport revamp went live in December. It was meant to log the issues that I was having to help the TSR's diagnose what was going on, for me and others.
    I'm sorry about your loss of materials. I know how hard they are to get a hold of, trust me. That does not in any way make your being dropped to character select any more signifigant than me being dropped to character select, or anyone else. We are all suffering the issues and I just want them fixed. That is all.
    I've cancelled my account over this already. I've been a monthly subscriber since November 2004 but no longer. That is how frustrated this has made me. A few friends of mine have followed. I used SC that I had left over during the half off sale to buy a 6 month block of gold membership for the time being and when that runs out if things are not any better I might just let my account go.
    We'll see. For now I will continue to post here every time that the game drops me, gets stuck waiting for zone server, encounters unrecoverable errors and so forth like I have been doing for six months now. I am also sending in a petition every time now as well and will continue to do so until this gets fixed or me and my friends/guild move on to another game.
    In response to my 2nd petition from yesterday the GM is asking me to send in my DXDIAG and MSINFO again, yes this is the 2nd time now that I'm sending those reports in to them, so I will see what they have to say this time.
  15. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Called to our guild hall in Halas and made it inside just fine. I take my first step away from the door where we are put when calling to the hall and the game encountered an unrecoverable error and had to close.
    I deleted my cache folders again this morning before logging in so that is not it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Called to our guild hall and never made it into the hall this time. As a matter of fact I never made it anywhere. I was calling from Withered Lands and the game encountered an unrecoverable error and had to be shut down while I was performing the call spell.
    Another petition has been filed. That is 4 now in two days.
  17. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I've been playing since around 4am, zoning a lot with no issues at all. Swapped between about 8 characters and even did a quick raid this morning. No issues. I log in my Templar and call to the guild hall in Halas and I get the following popup error message : "EQ2 Client Application has stopped working" Windows is searching for a solution.
    I click on the close button and the game shuts down.
  18. ARCHIVED-Onuron Guest

Zoning out of Blackcale in Bonemire, EQ2 has an unrecoverable error and must shut down! Right as i click door to zone out. Come on now, fix the game already!
  19. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Just got done running Halls of Fate. We evacced to the front and I clicked the door to exit and the game instantly switched to the character select screen.
    Filing a 7th petition now.
  20. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Character still stuck INSIDE of Halls of Fate and when I logged in the game booted me to character select AGAIN!